• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 5,890 Views, 131 Comments

Shinobi of Equestria - Fan of Fanfics



The worlds of Ponies and Ninja collide in a show of Friendship and Mahem

  • ...
21
 131
 5,890

Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor do I own MLP

“This is bizarre on so many levels.” The natural Ponies all giggled as the Shinobi attempted to get used to their new forms. All except for Akamaru, who remained in his canine form. True to Kakashi's inquiry, the ninja took a decent variety of Pegasus, Earth Pony, and Unicorn. “I knew that we'd change somehow, but I guess I never really thought about how much,” Sakura continued, shaking a bit more than Naruto did his first time. The pink-haired girl was now a pink-maned unicorn, her coat a darker-pink, almost red, and her Cutie Mark a Sakura blossom.

“You think you changed?” Still giggling, the Mane six and Spike turned toward Jiraiya, who had spoken, and their laughing ceased. Their jaws were on the floor. Standing before them were not two Earth ponies, not two unicorns, not two pegasi...but two Alicorns. One, a stallion, with a green coat and thick, long, white mane. You could still see the red lines that moved from his eyes, down his face. His Cutie Mark was what appeared to be a red toad, identifiable to the summoners of the group as Gamabunta.

Likewise, Tsunade too had taken on an Alicorn form, her white coat and blonde mane --- which was bound in two pigtails --- a bright point among the sea of colors. Still visible on her was her 'Strength of Hundred' seal, and like Jiraiya, her new Cutie Mark was a picture of her boss summon, Katsuyu. She raised her brow seeing the gobsmacked looks upon the faces of Twilight Sparkle and her friends. “Is something wrong?”

“You...You're a...You're a...!” Twilight stuttered, and it was Spike who eventually had to provide the statement the unicorn so desperately tried to throw out.

“You're both Alicorns!” the tiny dragon exclaimed, though it still didn't stop the sputtering from his unicorn companion.

“Is that good?” Shizune asked, the newly transformed Unicorn looking at her boss in confusion and curiosity.

“Alicorns are the most powerful ponies in Equestria. There aren't many, only three currently,” Twilight said, finally finding her voice. “They have the combined abilities of all Ponies, but amplified even further.”

“Not to mention, Alicorns are basically royalty by default,” Rarity chimed in, causing the two Sannin to look to each other in surprise.

“So Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are both Alicorns then...” Jiraiya said, more to himself than anyone else, getting a nod from the Ponies, most of whom were still getting over their shock...most of whom...

“Alright, everypony! We still need to get set up for the party, so chop chop!” Pinkie reached behind her back and pulled out a cannon.

“Whoa!” shouted Choji, who leapt out of the way as the cannon fired. The noise was so loud that all the new ponies flinched. When their eyes reopened, they opened wide. The entire library was now brightly lit, and completely decked out in for a party. The only things not there were the snacks, the music, and the birthday boy. At the stunned look of the ninja present, Pinkie let loose a giggle, snorting a bit.

“I see you all like my Party Cannon!” she laughed. “But we still need to get enough cake for everypony, we need some Ninja decorations...” As she rambled on, drawing nothing but the wonder and confusion of the shinobi-ponies, Twilight began to take note of who had become which type of Pony. Later on, they might actually figure out why some shinobi become one type of pony, while others become a different type of pony.

Jiraiya and Tsunade had taken Alicorn forms, meaning that they had to be incredibly powerful. Of the Earth Pony variety, they had Lee and Guy, Choji, Kiba, and Shino. Sakura, Shizune, Hinata, Ino, and Iruka had all become Unicorns, while Kakashi, Neji, Tenten and Shikamaru were each gifted a pair of Pegasus wings. It was a rather interesting conundrum for the scholarly unicorn. She would have to learn what she could about Naruto and his friends. Find out what each had in common in order to determine what traits cause humans to become specific types of ponies. And speaking of Naruto, she thought perhaps she could persuade Kakashi to help speed along her chakra training...

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Twilight grumbled. Kakashi and the rest of the new Pegusus Ponies had taken to asking Rainbow Dash how to use their wings. Ino, who had woken up --- and promptly fainted again for a short while at seeing her new form --- had never seen Shikamaru so motivated. Granted, he had been informed that Pegasus ponies could walk...and in Dash's case, nap, on the clouds, and thus was only motivated to be lazier. But still, it was a little intriguing and a little jarring at the same time. The only one really managing to get the hang of it besides the Shadow User was Neji, whose Byakugan allowed him to see how energy was directed as well as the proper muscle movements. Seeing this, Kakashi decided to use his Sharingan to merely mimic Dash's wing-beats. But unlike Neji, who got a much clearer picture of the wings, the Sharingan could only show him how to flap, with very minor following of energy. But at least he was pushing off the ground.

Likewise, the new Unicorns were eager, after briefly seeing Twilight levitate a few books knocked astray by the Party Cannon, to see if they were capable of using Unicorn magic. Like the Pegasi, most were failing. At best, Sakura could get a few basic objects to move a few inches. The only one with any real form of success was Iruka. Being a teacher, and knowing what he did about focus exercises and various methods of chakra control, he found it easy. All it took was to start from scratch and work his way up. Unfortunately Ino and Sakura's competitiveness got the better of them and made it next to impossible to teach them. And while Shizune and Hinata were trying, they seemed to be having vast difficulties for some reason.

The new Earth Ponies couldn't very well work with any new skills, as only their strength and durability had increased by a small margin, and so while Choji went with Pinkie to 'prepare' the snacks, all but Kiba decided to do a bit of reading. They were in a library after all. It was a rather comical sight. And it got all the better when a swirl of sand brought the attention of all to the center of the room, where Gaara had suddenly appeared. Following this, a bright flash indicated the arrival of Princesses Celestia and Luna. Why did this add to the comical happenings of the library? Because the moment Celestia and Luna laid eyes on the two new Alicorns, their reaction was no different than that of the Mane 6 a short while prior. Never had it crossed their mind that Tsunade or Jiraiya could have been the shinobi equivalent of themselves. It was kind of startling to them, really. Had they really been arrogant enough to believe that in an entire new world, nopony could match their strength?

Gaara was rather indifferent, knowing full well what the Sannin were capable of. And unlike the new unicorns, he had a decent grasp on telekinesis from studying his magic with Luna. It seemed that Equestria ran on magic, and all ponies were being constantly filled with it, even those ponies who weren't actually ponies. It was what allowed the shinobi-pegasi to fly, and the ninja-unicorns to use magic. And since their transformation had been magically induced, they naturally siphoned more natural magic from the plane of existence known as Equestria. He still hadn't figured out how Ponies managed to gain chakra. He'd been coming up with theories, but without having gone back to his world yet, he had no way to properly test them. That, and he had a feeling he was being not just watched, but stalked. Stalked by something he couldn't truly detect. He didn't like this feeling. Whatever was spying on him, it somehow made the red-head feel...vulnerable. But he couldn't explain why.

The door burst open to reveal Pinkie Pie and Choji, and also Konohamaru, followed closely by his admirers, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, bringing in the cake and other treats. “HEADS UP EVERYPONY!!!” the pinkett shouted. “NARUTO IS BACK IN PONYVILLE! HE'S HEADED THIS WAY!!! PLACES!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

“...can't believe I did all that for some beauty products. Me and my need to help people -er, ponies.” Throwing the door to the library open, a dirty, tired stallion walked in. “Now I could have sworn that those fillies ran this way.” Suddenly, the lights flipped on, revealing the fillies in question, Konohamaru, Spike, and his Mane Mares. Everything was decorated for a party. Luckily, it looked like Twilight succeeded in reigning in Pinkie Pie. Before he could even thank the Purple unicorn, a huge smoke cloud erupted.

“Ah, whoops. Hang on,” announced Rainbow Dash. “We should have opened the windows.” Using her wings, the Pegasus caused all the smoke to vent out the door. When it did, Naruto gasped. They were all Ponies, but he could clearly tell his friends when he saw them. He barely heard the collective shout of 'Surprise!' He hadn't expected this. Nor did he really feel like Pinkie Pie had to or should have gone to all the trouble. But just the same, he was touched. But when he got over his shock...

“..phht...he...hahaHAHAHAHA! Do you all have any idea how ridiculous you loo-GAH!” His laughing tirade was stopped by the forehoof of Sakura, who with only a little effort had Naruto eating floor.

“Speak for yourself, idiot!!!” she shouted, causing all the shinobi, as well as the actual ponies, to snicker at the misfortune of the birthday stallion. Despite the rough start, Naruto actually enjoyed his birthday for once. Most of his friends were present, he got a good bowl of Ramen, the mood was upbeat. There was a bit of awkwardness between the princesses and Tsunade, as the Hokage kept attempting to get Celestia to try her Saké, despite the sun princess's insistence that very bad, but very non-specific things tended to happen when she tried any alcoholic drink.

><Flashback><

“WOOOO!” Celestia shouted, a half empty bottle of Hard Apple Cider dropped to the ground. “Everypony look! I can juggle!” she slurred out, her cheeks flushed and her stare half-lidded. Her guards looked at their Princess a little worried. She just hadn't been the same since she had to banish her sister. Turns out they had good reason to be concerned.

“Wheeeeeee!” She cheered, as overhead, the sun and moon both appeared and began to cycle around each other. Indeed, it did look like they were being juggled. The Ponies who lived in coastal regions weren't impressed with the display, neither were the farm ponies, as the sun began to scorch their crops. Sure, they could be restored with magic, but still...One of the guards shook his head and walked up to his ruler to try and calm her down.

“Princess, you need to-mmmph” The Pegasus guards wings flared out as Celestia used her telekinetic powers to pull him to her face and smashed her lips into his. When the impromptu kiss ended, the guard was dropped to the ground unceremoniously, about five seconds before the Princess herself fell over, snoring contently.

><Flashback End><

She had Lee's sympathy. Luna on the other hand, despite her sister's warning, was quite...intrigued by the beverage. And unlike her sister, apparently held her liquor quite well. The most disruption she caused was that she temporarily began speaking in the Royal Canterlot voice.

For presents, Celestia had taken the liberty of adding paying for an addition to his already decently large home, allowing for him to construct a training area behind it for he and Konohamaru. Apparently, she could sense his growing boredom.

Lee and Guy, the lovely, lovely people, bought Naruto a year's supply of instant ramen. Granted, it was a year's supply calculated for a normal ramen consumer, but still, it would last Naruto at least two to three months.

Kakashi provided Naruto with a few jutsu scrolls, as did most of the other shinobi. They all knew how much Naruto enjoyed learning new jutsu. All were fairly simple jutsu, but there was really no reason to be teaching Naruto more high-ranked jutsu. He already used the Rasengan for nearly every combat situation. Teaching him more high ranked justu was just going to result in injury for Naruto and property damage for Ponyville. But they didn't tell Naruto that.

Twilight got the blonde-maned, orange pony the complete Daring Do book series, telling him he should read for pleasure too, not just work. He was on the fence, but for some reason, even Rainbow Dash gave the books her seal of approval, so Naruto figured he'd give them a shot.

Sakura's gift was by far the most meaningful to the blonde. When he tore the wrapping off, his breath caught in his throat as he looked on at that old picture of team seven, placed in a brand new, beautiful frame. That prompted a hug, and a lot of 'awe's from the natural-born ponies.

As the presents were handed out, and the cake was already cut, Pinkie decided it was time to really kick up the pace of the party. Reaching behind her back, she somehow pulled an entire turntable out from nowhere, and reaching beneath the turntable, she pulled out Vinyl Scratch. Crazily, DJ PON-3 didn't seem the least bit fazed or confused. With a jolt of realization, yet acceptance, Naruto shook his head, understanding that the pony DJ was probably just used to it. Turning away, Naruto went to get some punch. But he accidentally knocked right into somepony.

“Whoa, sorry...” he said, noticing that somepony happened to be the blushing Applejack.

“It ain't no big deal,” the farm mare announced. Crossing her forelegs nervously, she bit her lip. “Can we, uh, can we maybe go outside, so we can talk more private-like?” This confused Naruto, but he nodded, following the blonde mare out. Rounding around the back of the library, the two stopped. Naruto waited for Applejack to tell him what she apparently wanted to tell him, yet she couldn't so much as look him in the eye. And with her stutter, she sounded more like Hinata, or Fluttershy. It was weird coming from the normally confident Earth Pony.

“Come on, AJ,” he said, reassuringly. “Whatever it is you need to talk about, I guarantee I will understand-mmph” He suddenly found his lips touching those of the farm mare. “Mmmph...” he found himself relaxing, as did Applejack. His lips tasted just like she dreamed they did. As she pulled away, her heart fluttered when she noticed Naruto --- whether consciously or unconsciously --- attempting to follow.

“Ah was wondering if...you know, you might wanna...go out sometime?” Naruto's stunned expression almost caused the mare to flee, but despite everything...

“Um, sure...” he replied. Applejack could have squealed in delight, but reigned herself in, instead going to plant a kiss on Naruto's cheek before trotting off. Naruto was left standing, gobsmacked and immobile, unsure of where that just came from. Why did she kiss him? Why did she ask him out? Why did he agree? This was so absurd, but at the same time felt...good. Back home, no girl would give him the time of day. Now here was a girl...well, mare...who actually wanted to go out with him. This birthday kept getting better and better.

“...ruto? Naruto?!” He was snapped out of his musings by Pinkie Pie, who was waving her hooves in front of his face.

“Hmm?” he asked, still dazed.

“I asked you what you think of the party, silly?” Naruto just chuckled, hugging Pinkie Pie, not feeling her shiver and not seeing her pink coat darken with a blush on her cheeks.

“The party is great Pinkie Pie. Thank you,” he said. Suddenly, he felt yet another pair of lips caress his cheek. His eyes widened as the smiling Pink Pony leaned into him.

“That's great,” she said. “I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I knew this party had to be absolutely perfect...so I...”

“So you?” Naruto asked, trying to lead the mare to finish her thought. She did alright. And she sealed it with a kiss, right on his lips. As he broke away, sputtering, he noticed Pinkie's hair seem to deflate a bit.

“You don't like me like that, do you?” she asked, sounding depressed. “I was hoping that maybe you...might want to be my special somepony...” Now Naruto felt terrible.

“No, Pinkie, you're amazing. But, ugh, this is confusing. Applejack just asked me out, and-”

“Oh, is that all?” she asked, her hair poofing up again, and her voice gaining that excited tone once more. “So me and Applejack, huh?” She laughed. “We could be...your Apple Pie!”

“WHAT?!?!?” Naruto exclaimed, confused beyond belief.

“I think I can explain.” Naruto turned to see Princess Celestia trot out.

“Princess, what are you doing out here?” the ninja asked, and Celestia just blushed.

“Tsunade is hoof-wrestling Luna, and I figured now would be a good chance to slip out for some air that doesn't reek of saké.” Naruto snorted at that, before she continued. “Anyway, as I was saying, how many stallions have you seen around Ponyville?” Naruto was about to answer, before freezing to think about it.

“Not many,” he admitted finally, getting hugged much tighter by Pinkie Pie. “There are at least three mares for every stallion around here, if not more...” Celestia nodded.

“Very close. Equestria has a somewhat skewed gender ratio. Because of the higher number of females, it is actually fairly common for a single stallion to see two or three mares. Not all mares are interested in sharing, but to answer your unasked question, there is no real problem with seeing both Pinkie Pie and Applejack as long as they are both ok with it.”

“YAY!” Pinkie cheered, letting Naruto loose, as she needed to swing about her pompoms. Ones she didn't have seconds before. Naruto gulped. Pinkie was fairly determined to be his 'special somepony.' He just hoped Applejack would be ok with it. He couldn't take having a friendship go down the drain. Not just the one he and AJ shared. But the one AJ and Pinkie shared. He swallowed with a very audible gulp as Celestia gave him a very knowing smile.

“HA! Thou hast failed to press our hoof to the table! We are victorious!” Hearing Luna's Royal Canterlot Voice, the Ninja, the Party Planner, and the Princess, looked through the window to see Luna dancing to the music around a seething Tsunade. The three did the only thing they could think of. They laughed until they thought they would throw up.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Gaara sat in a meditative pose ---he had been for several hours after Naruto's party had ended --- trying to feel where in the gardens of Canterlot Castle this being was watching him from. It was maddening. It was as though this...thing, was some kind of ghost. He couldn't feel anyone physically there. A swooping sound came from the side and his eyes snapped open, firing sand to where the sound originated.

Another sound behind him and he spun, casting his spear of sand out toward the noise. He grunted. Now this enemy was toying with him. Creating a dome of sand around him, he pulsed it out, trying to hit just about anything he could. He needed this thing to go away. He heard the snap of a twig behind him and whipped around.

Eyes widening, he stumbled back in shock. Before him, untouched by any of his sand, hovered a smokey figure. It looked like a mutant pony made of a dark mist. It opened its icy-blue eyes, smiled a toothy grin of razor sharp teeth, and said only two words in a dark, demonic voice. “Good Night.” Despite Gaara raising his shield, the pony burst into mist, flying into Gaara's mouth and nose.

Stumbling, coughing, Gaara dropped to his knees. His vision was swimming, his mind becoming hazy as his sand began to act of its own accord. And all was black. Gaara's breathing slowed as he fell into a deep sleep. For a moment, all was peaceful, before the sand began whipping up into a sand-twister, as his body began leaking the dark mist from every pore of his body. Altering it for its own, diabolical ends...

Chapter end

Author's Note:

Ok guys. This will probably be the last chapter for at least a few weeks. But it's done, and I think it was done fairly well. Hope you all like it.

Peace to all my Fans

Fan of Fanfics