• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 1,191 Views, 45 Comments

Will - CosmicAfro



Not all humans make it to Equestria. I did, but that doesn't matter now. I'm stuck, and I'm likely not going to escape.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,191

Jennifer

Charlotte, this is your mother’s note. If you read this when you get back, just know I’m not mad. I’m worried sick! Please, come back.

~Mom.


Charlotte, it’s been a day. Are you still at the castle? You haven’t left a note on the board. I can’t come after you, you know I can’t travel this forest in my condition. Please, I know you have to do this for daddy but come back. You’ve done good, Charlotte, just come back.

~Mom


Charlotte, it’s been three days. I’m sending Bill after you. I know you went with daddy on those hunting missions, I know you can handle yourself but not alone! Not like this! Bill’s grabbing supplies and using the orb tomorrow. I wish he could go tonight, but from the sounds of it, traveling at night through this forest is suicide. Please, please let me know you’re okay!

~Mom


Charlotte, it’s mom. Bill couldn’t use the orb so he set off, following your trail you made. Bill hasn’t come back. There’s no reception in this forest, I can’t contact him. Bill told his friends that if he wasn’t back by tomorrow to start setting up a search party. If for some reason you come back here, please just leave me a note. Please.

Please.


“M-mom? /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Mom, it’s Charlotte. The forest h/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ad magic. Don’t come to the castle. I thi/\/\/\/\/\/\/ found the re\/\/\/\/\/\/\nter. It wasn’t the bird lion. It was a /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ and it’s made of b\/\/\/\/\/\ magic. I’m using Diane’s voice recor/\/\/\/\ but it’s cracked a bit. I’m s-sending it through the orb after I’m done with this. Do /\/\/\/\/\/\ come to the castle! Bad magic, mom! I’m hiding in the /\/\/\ll tow/\/\/\/\. I- I don’t know how I snuck past it, but it’s bad, mom.

I can’t leave. I tried, mom. A leaf landed on it and it /\/\/\/\orted. Think the orb runs on batt/\/\/\/\ or something and I’m too big to use it. Maybe it’ll come back on.

Or, maybe… maybe there’s something I can use in the hunter’s bag? That /\/\/\/\/\ sense. I kind’a wish I didn’t drop it when the bad magic hunter saw me. Has my gun too. It was too hea/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ to run away. The bag looks like a satc/\/\/\/ but it h/\/\/\ me purple stri/\/\/\/\ on it. Can’t miss it at t/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ trance.

Mom, I’m sorry for worrying you. I-

Hello, little one.

Ahh! No! No no no!

Here, let me fix that for you, they’ll want to /\/\/\/\/\/\ this. Oh yes, I’ve been listening.

Shing.

Pl-please! Don’t hurt me!

Hurt you? No, I would never. In fact, you’re just what I need.

Wh-what are you! HEY! STOP THAT! THE RECORDER!

Hello, mother of this child. I’ve been bored, waiting at my castle. If you would like to see her again, come to my castle and we’ll negotiate.

NO MOM! Don’t come! She’s evil! Sh-

Silence!

Don’t come! Mom, you know it’s a trap! Daddy wouldn’t want you dead too!

I SAID SILENCE. Whack.

O-okay…

Good, so you can listen. Come pick up your brat before I change my mind. You have twenty four hours to respond."


To Bill’s friends.

This is Jennifer, long friend of Bill and the wif- widow of Clyde. I recently got a tape recorded message from my daughter, Charlotte. She’s being held hostage at the castle. I can’t sit here knowing some bitch has my only child. Please, follow Charlotte’s trail. Cell phones won’t work out here so you’ll need to use a short range communication. I really wish Bill had some walkie talkies with him. He was so sure he’d be back by now, but he’s missing too. If my daughter can make it, I can too.

Be sure to follow the instructions left on previous letters of those who passed here, gathered by my daughter. I’m calling it Charlotte’s Trail. It seems appropriate, don’t you think? She always was a lively one. I’ll meet you all up there. And bring guns. No one. Hits. My baby girl.

I hope she knows how to negotiate her way out of a gunshot. I’ll wait for you all at the castle.

~Jennifer

Comments ( 1 )

Hmm... I like this story... It's interesting how you've executed it.

Login or register to comment