• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 1,221 Views, 82 Comments

Pony POV Series: Dark World Drabbles - Godzillawolf



The Dark World Series has been a long hard road...but what about what you didn't? These are the untold stories of Dark World.

  • ...
4
 82
 1,221

Gaiden: Another Life Time

Greetings! The One and Only Princess Anasi Equestria is happy grant you audience!

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): It's a pleasure, yes yes yes!)

I see you are taking quite well to filling in for Twilight's daughters until they return.

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): Yes yes yes! Someconcept had to, and it's kinda like my old job back in my world anyway!)

I am certain they'll appreciate it when they return, Razzaroo.

So, Anasi should fill in the blanks as to how she got here, should she not? It is not a long story, but it has its strong points!

Unlike most timelines where Trixie's light reincarnated into the next Trixie, Anasi survived and became a Concept...but that still means that was a mortal life that no longer existed. You know it's kind of funny when you think about it...for several hundred million years I trained, I practiced to end Eclipse's tyranny if I ever got a chance. I will not lie, I hated Eclipse. There's a difference between the tragic wrath that spells the downfall of a hero in a tragedy and the justified wrath of a hero against a great evil, so I was permitted to keep the part of myself that loathed Eclipse.

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): Believe me, I had to realize the difference... It's one of the big reasons it took me so long to ascend.)

The past is in the past, sister. You moved past that, just as I let go of my grudge when Eclipse fell and Twilight devoured her.

But...that's precisely the point...In all those years, Anasi has never thought of incarnating to try to defeat her as a mortal, as Cadence did with Sombra once, even though she had a mortal life to do it with! Anasi supposes she felt it would be letting that witch steal another lifetime from her, even if she won...After everything she took from me, I didn't desire to give her anything else.

...And now that she's gone, and with her my grudge. And no, Anasi is not upset she wasn't the one to end Eclipse's reign of terror!...Besides, Twilight vanquished her with trickery after all, and I am trickery.

...But still, I feel like I was cheated out of my life, first by Discord and then by Eclipse...is it so wrong that I just want one life where some maniac didn't swoop in and ruin everything?! My parents...my sisters...my family...I never even got the chance to see them again...Discord took that from me. Eclipse took my happy ending from me...And the chance to ever see anypony I knew again...I just want to have one lifetime where I actually get to live...

...Thank you for the hug, sister.

(Interviewer's Notes ( Jiniri): You've done the same for me, yes yes yes.)

Yes, yes Anasi has.

So...I told Fauna Luster I wanted to live my mortal life now that Eclipse was no more...She's Fauna Luster, She didn't need to be told how I felt, She KNEW the moment I felt that way...

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): I understand, Trixie...I'm tempted to do the same some day...I'm just waiting for somepony who needs a certain wish granted before I do...)

Anasi can respect that, sister.

It did not take much time to figure out who's family Anasi desired to be a part of...and thankfully they wanted to have another child just as badly as she desired a new life...Now it is just a matter of waiting for a certain moment...One I don't intend to watch, as seeing oneself being conceived is often not a pleasant experience.

“Trixie, please keep an eye on things while Trixie is gone...Though given time doesn't exist outside reality, she won't be long!” I told my angels.

“You can count on the Great and Powerful Trixie, Princess Trixie!” my unicorn self told me, her wings looking like white angel wings...but on close inspection, can be seen to be composed of snowflakes.

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): The current Trixie is one of your angels?)

Hehe. Yes indeed. Trixie was worshiping herself, was there ever any doubt she'd jump at the chance to literally do it? It also means we both get to talk about ourselves often.

That and she felt the idea of being able to assist 'misunderstood' artists like ourselves was a good calling. Even if she took more than a little formal training. I don't hold that against her. After all, I used to be no different.

My Scootaloo hugged me. “Good luck, Trixie. Hope you get to be good friends with Rainbow!”

I returned it, wrapping my wings around her. “Thank you, Scootaloo. And I'm sure I will be.”

Anasi cannot tell you how much of a relief it was to learn she was not the sole survivor of her universe! Scootaloo...she's like family to me now. Like a little sister. I'm glad won't be long from her perspective.

So now here Anasi awaits for the time of her rebirth!

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): I hope it's a good one, yes yes yes!)

As do I, little sister.

However, we do seem to have another guest...

Pandora, Draconequus of Imagination, walked up to me. We work quite often together, what with Drama and Storytelling practically being a sister concept to Imagination.

However...she...she had a little Light of Existence in her claws. A purple one...It...it's...that light, I recognize it...

“Mind sharing, Anasi?” Pandora asked.

“...Pandora...is that...”

There was only one Light it could be...I felt it, it could only be one pony...

In my timeline...there was a Shining Armor. But not the same Shining Armor that Twilight chose to create. This one was different...He did something no other version of him managed to ever do...I'm not sure how it happened...only that Cadence had found him once Discord had been done with what he originally was and helped him become something so much more. She helped him become real.

“...I think he deserves his life back...” Pandora explained, her silliness dropping a bit. She was being serious, which for Pandora was reason enough to take listen. “...He earned it...”

Pandora stroke the little Light like a mother gentle rubbing her filly's head. “Unlike the rest of his selves...they just stayed a rotten Mary Sue or Discord's back up minions...None of them grew enough to grow a soul...But not you, Shiny...you made me so proud...”

She looked like a mother who'd lost a child and had a chance to get him back. Which sadly was exactly the situation. Pandora is the one Draconequus with any ability to create...and every one of her creations is her precious child...

I gave Pandora a hug. “I don't mind, Pandora...Anasi would be proud to be his sister.”

Shining Armor...he was the one pony who created something in my line Eclipse could not undo...His own soul. Hehe...Anasi imagines Eclipse would've had a meltdown had she realized that, given he gave her almost as much trouble as she did!

“Anasi...it is time...” said my brother Mortis. Why is he here? Hehe, do not forget, dear audience! The 13th is not only the Concept of Death, but of Rebirth!

Imperatrix was also nearby, but that was mainly because the act required for this involved her Concept. While Lust is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, like most things (including my personal favorite, Pride), it only becomes a Sin when taken to an extreme. Sexual desire has its place in creation, including the act of making life. She simply gave a nod telling us it was time for Anasi to take her leave. Farewell, sister!

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): Goodbye, Anasi. See you later.)

You too, sister. Anasi will be back!...With more memories to share.

(Interviewer's Notes (Jiniri): And I'll be waiting to add it to my books!)

+++
Wishes, Imagination, and Rebirth watched Anasi turn into a little ball of light, her body turning into a shadow and going into it.

Pandora looked down to the little Light she held. “Good luck, Shining...I love you...” she said, giving the little Light a kiss and handing it to Mortis, who took it and Anasi's Light of Existence in his magic. She sniffled and acted like a mother sending her child off to collage.

“Farewell, sister. May life be kind to you...I will be waiting to bring you home at its end,” Mortis said, giving his little sister's light a nuzzle. The two Lights shot off like shooting stars, side by side, descending to mortal reality.

Jiniri chuckled, looking to Twinkle Wish, the little star floating beside her. “Check Smartypant's wish for a little siblings off the list, Twinkle Wish.”

The little wishing star nodded. “Wish granted.”

Jiniri admitted in a way this was a miracle too. Twilight Velvet was an older mare...but being revitalized by Minty Pie's Sword of the Seasons as a plant was still being revitalized...Regardless, this was an answer to her prayers.

When Velvet realized she was pregnant, she picked out a name for if it was a girl:

Moon Sparkle.