• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 1,449 Views, 41 Comments

The Journey - RoboCom64 Zelos



After being diagnosed with a terminal disease Twilight is going off on the journey not to find cure but to find herself.

  • ...
16
 41
 1,449

Epilogue

"You know, this whole undertaking is just so damn selfish of her...and I know, we all promised to be understanding about it and give her a nice smile on her way off. Celestia knows, she doesn't need the extra weight of guilt on her back. Not now. Yet still, I just can't stop thinking about it and about her. Where she is now and what she might be doing...lest she still be doing things," - The dim, fading lamp was casting a slow dance of light and shadows on two seated ponies. Their voices unstable and penetrating in their facade of stability.

"I really don't wanna hear it. She chose it as her last voyage to be happy and to get to see and feel what maybe we couldn't provide, Rarity." - Applejack pleaded.

"Well then, couldn't provide? Does it mean we weren't enough for her?" - a remark that caused an instant groan from her more straight forward talking partner.

"Now you know it's not like that...It is about what she could not provide for herself during her life and what she had to reclaim while she still had time." - Applejack waved her hoof, "and anyway, it is besides the point. I just wish she was happy in her last days. By doctor's predictions they have already come some time ago. And I hate to be like that, you know I loved her as much as any of you. She would be first to say, not to cling to some illusive hopes and magical ideas. Instead cherish those memories and connections that are real and undisputed, Rarity."

"That...might very well be, Applejack." - Rarity gave a brief awkward pause. Something that felt like an invitation for Applejack to continue, yet nothing came. Silence stood in the room for another unbearable minute.

"I just...miss her so damn much," - Rarity covered her shaking voice with a few strategically placed coughs.

"Missing is...natrual, Rarity. We all do." - Applejack put her hoof on top of Rarity's at the table's centre. Then Applejack added, "In a way, everything she did and changed can never be deleted and can never be undermined. Through those actions, through all of us being together with each other every day, Twilight lives on and is...gosh, I'll say it, immortal."

"Hehe...Applejack, you do always say the corniest things, but your corn always comes sweet and I can never have enough of it," - with those sentiments, two friends embrace each other. Not divided by loss, but united in common bond.

Letter to my Friends

My, how time flies. The doctor's diagnosis seemed like it happened just a moment ago and yet here I am, nearing the end of appointed to me time. So many things to see and experience and never enough time. And yet here I am, spending those few moments I have left writing the final letter to all of my friends. With it I beg two things of you.

The first thing is, I beg your forgivness. The forgivness for the leave I made and how I may have had to look past feelings of my dear friends wanting to be near me in my last moments to fulfill the last things my soul desired to. It feels like I could never make up for somethig like that and I hope you all find enough kindness in your hearts to let go of any negative emotions you might hold due to this. I never wanted to do anything that could ever hurt any of you and you all know it, I am sure. Maybe you all just laugh it off, reading this letter and think: Hey, what the heck does she even need to apologise for. Maybe I am doing it more for myself yet again. Little selfish Sparkle

The Second Thing is...I ask you, no urge you to live. I do not want any of you to grief neither to be sad. I have lived my life the way I would do a thousand times again if given a choice, because it is specifically the route led me to meeting all of you and nothing I could ever gain by changing anything in my life could never live up to knowing all of you.

To write anything else would be overdoing it. You all know what it is and I do to. I love you, I will miss you. I cherish you. I say goodbye to you.

May this letter find you well, your eternal friend, Twilight Sparkle.

Comments ( 4 )

10067721
Hehe, I wrote this thing years ago and kinda forgot about it all. But your comment did put me in a mood to cook up a quick epilogue. Thanks for reading, have a good day.:twilightsmile:

Why isn't there a tragedy and death tag?

What about tee foal twilight tried to save why are you so cruel you wait so long to update this heart renching story and then you end it like this :fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

10249052
Cuz death is no tragedy, yo. It comes to all of us.

Login or register to comment