• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 5,688 Views, 177 Comments

Rainbow Triumphant - Trinary



AU: A retelling of "Sonic Rainboom" episode, set in Dashverse (A universe where Rainbow Dash became Princess Celestia's student. A follow up to "Rainbooms and Royalty")

  • ...
7
 177
 5,688

Chapter 2

Chapter Two


Despite the Best Young Flyers’ Competition being the day after tomorrow, Rainbow decided to bring the gang up to Cloudsdale a day early, so they’d have a chance to look around and do stuff. Bright and early--brighter and earlier than Rainbow normally liked--the assembled friends gathered to being the trip to Cloudsdale. Twilight had chartered a hot-air balloon to bring the ground-bound ponies up to Cloudsdale while the pegasi flew alongside it. Derpy and Fluttershy stuck closer to the balloon while the more athletic of the pegasi flew off a bit further.

Rainbow Dash nudged Cloud Kicker and pointed ahead of them. “There it is! The greatest city in the sky!”

Cloud nodded. “It is pretty cool, though I'm a Canterlot girl at heart.”

“Snob.” Rainbow teased, sticking her tongue out at her friend. Cloud Kicker grinned, and let the taunt bounce off her, knowing that would annoy her more than any comeback would. Sure enough, Rainbow sulked momentarily at failing to get a rise out of CK, but shrugged it off. She was too excited to worry about her awesome repartee not meeting an appropriate response. “This is gonna be SO awesome!”

“Yeah, it is,” Cloud agreed with a grin. “I'm looking forward to that second place trophy, but don't think I won't make you work for the win.”

Rainbow waved a hoof dismissively. “Yeah, yeah, I know you will.” She grinned fiercely. “But first place is mine. Practically has my name already written on it!”

There was a beat of silence, then Cloud Kicker sighed, sounding a bit subdued. “Dash, you don't need to keep rubbing my face in it.”

Dash was about to needle her a bit more when she saw the look on her face. She took a breath and exhaled. “Yeah ... you're right. Sorry, CK.”

Cloud Kicker nodded, acknowledging the apology but her voice was still soft and low. “Dash, I know you're going to beat me, and I'm okay with that. I don't mind losing to you. But … ”

“I'm sorry,” Rainbow repeated, now feeling a bit like a heel. “I just ... this is important to me, y'know? I have to win this.”

“You will,” Cloud flew over to press a hoof against her shoulder. “I believe in you.”

“Yeah.” Dash bit her lip, her voice forcible casual. “Y'know, they don't even believe that I did it. The first Sonic Rainboom I mean. They thought it was just a trick or something.”

Kicker snorted dismissively. “Then they're idiots. And you're gonna prove that they're idiots.”

“Yeah.” Rainbow gritted her teeth in a fierce grin. “No more idiots calling me a liar. No more whispering that I cheated or conned my way into being Princess Celestia's student. And most of all, no more 'Rainbow Crash!'”

She expected Cloud Kicker would join in her celebration or give some words of support. Instead, Kicker said, “Does it really still bug you that much?” She flew closer to give Rainbow the pegasus equivalent of an in-flight hug, her wing stretched out across Rainbow’s back.

“…no.” Dash mumbled, less than convincingly as she leaned into the hug. “Thanks Cloudy.”

CK nodded then nudged Rainbow. “Hey, I believe in Rainbow Dash. Maybe it's time for Rainbow Dash to believe in Rainbow Dash too.”

“You think so?” Dash asked, then after a second of thinking, gave her own answer. “Yeah … I am awesome!”

“That you are.” Cloud grinned. “Just thought I'd bring it up. Think about it, okay?”

Rainbow nodded, shoulder-bumping Cloud Kicker. “Sure thing. You're pretty awesome too.”

“Thanks.” Cloud smiled, then after a beat, asked. “How awesome? Not as awesome as you, obviously, but on a scale of one to ten, with eleven being you...”

Dash tapped her hoof to her muzzle, pretending to think about it. “Eh, I’d say you’re a nine, nine and a half.”

“Nine point five, eh?” Kicker mused, thinking it over. “I can work with that.”

They flew on in a comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying the feeling of flying together. Then Rainbow got curious. “So, what're you thinking of doing for your routine?”

“I was gonna go for the more technical side of things.” Cloud shrugged. “No way that I can beat you on style and spectacle, so I need to do something different to make me stand out.” She smirked at Rainbow Dash. “You never had the patience to master the detail-oriented side of flying. You're more of a doer than a thinker and planner.” Then she quickly added, “Not that I'd want you to be any other way.”

“I know the technicals well enough to be awesome ... just not an egghead like you.” Rainbow eloquently stuck out her tongue at Cloud Kicker. “Maybe Twilight would like your routine.”

“Yeah, like I said, trying to do something different enough from you stand out.” She grinned. “I know I'm not gonna beat you, but I'd like to not be caught completely under your shadow.”

Rainbow gaped at her in such an over the top manner that Kicker knew she was putting her on. “You’re calling me fat?!”

“'Course not.” Kicker snorted. “Just saying, I wanna stand out a bit too.” She softened her expression a bit into a smile and moved a bit closer. “I can't fly by your side if I'm always under your shadow, y'know?”

“Yeah, yeah, I know what you meant.” Rainbow rolled her eyes. “I'm not stupid, you know.”

Cloud Kicker looked hurt. “Dash, that's not how I meant it, and you know it.”

“Chillax, Kicker, I'm just messing with you,” Dash assured her. “S'cool.”

“Yeah? Cool.” Cloud pressed her side against Rainbow’s. “Long as we're messing with each other ... I got some flavored lip gloss for your big victory smooch. It's your favorite, zap apple-flavored.”

“Oh good. It'll be good to know that you'll be on standby to kiss my rump after I win.” Dash grinned.

Cloud snerked. “You want a big rainbow-colored set of lipstick marks on your rump?”

Lacking a snappy comeback, Rainbow opened and closed her mouth a few times as she tried to think of a satisfactory answer. Finding none, she quickly changed the subject since it had become boring. “What do you think Derpy will do?”

“Probably something really weird and loopy, but completely radical.” Cloud shrugged. “That's how Derpy rolls. Speaking of, expect a lot of barrel rolls.”

Rainbow chuckled a bit before turning a bit thoughtful. Cloud repressed the urge to ask if anypony else smelled something burning. “I hope she does well,” Dash said finally. “Y'know they treated her pretty rough in flight camp.” She just barely managed to avoid adding ‘too.’

“I remember.” Cloud grumbled, before she started to grin. “Remember how we hooked up, beating on the jerks giving her a hard time?”

“Her and Fluttershy.” Rainbow growled. “Buttheads.”

Seeing Dash was about to go back to dwelling on the past, Cloud quickly shrugged and tried lightening the mood. “Yeah. Well, we showed them.”

It worked as Rainbow smiled. “Aww, yeah we did!” She exchange a wing-slap with Cloud Kicker.

“Yeah. I say you, me, and Derpy snag the top three spots, then you both get victory smooches.”

Chuckling, Rainbow nodded. “Heh, I can deal with that. Just don't get any funny ideas Kicker.”

“Like what?” Cloud asked oh-so innocently, grinning maniacally.

“Like ... any idea you've ever had.” Rainbow answered. “Ever.”

Kicker snorted. “Relax, Rainbow, I don't think I could ever bang you.”

Dash wiped her forehead in relief. “Oh, well, that's—heeeey, why not?” she demanded, suddenly feeling vaguely insulted.

“Why so curious?” Cloud asked with a not-so innocent smirk.

“Because of reasons!” Rainbow blustered. “Shuddup.”

A stream of giggles escaped from Cloud’s muzzle. “Well, if you really wanna know...” She dropped her voice and waved Rainbow to come closer. Once she had done so, Cloud explained. “You mean way too much to me. I couldn't just bang you ... I'd have to make looove to you.” She finished by giving Dash a quick little peck on the nose.

That immediately set Rainbow’s face ablaze in a huge blush as she scrunched up her nose in a way that CK found simply adorable. “Kickeeeerrrr!” Rainbow couldn’t help letting a bit of a whine creep into her voice. “No sappy stuff! I need to keep my head in the game!”

“So, kisses distract you? Hmm...” Cloud Kicker grinned. “So maybe if I kiss you enough to get your head completely out of the game, I could have a chance of winning? I like this strategy.” She flew up ahead, letting her tail gently smack Rainbow’s snout.

Growling, Rainbow refused to spend the rest of the flight following somepony else so she zoomed up, easily outpacing Cloud Kicker.

But Cloud was not about to be so easily shown up. She started some tight aerial maneuvers, incorporating parts of her Krav Pega fighting style into them. And once the challenge was laid down, Dash stepped up to it. She began a series of complex moves of her own: aileron rolls, barrell rolls, cork screws, and even an Immelmare’s Turn over and around the balloon.

Kicker responded by performing the same maneuvers in a reversed orientation, making it appear like the two pegasi were mirror images of each other.

Rainbow retaliated by sideslipping into CK’s trajectory and forcing her to either come up short or fly into Dash. Kicker veered off sharply and tried doing the same thing back to Rainbow Dash, the two crisscrossing each other. This resulted in the creation of a dazzling display of aerial precision and stunt flying.

As Cloudsdale loomed closer and closer, Rainbow and Cloud fell back to accompany Derpy and their balloon-bound friends. They helped steer the balloon towards their designated landing area. While Rainbow and the others might have expected a bit of a welcoming party for them, none of them were prepared for what awaited them.

Dash’s eyes widened as a veritable sea of ponies--standing on the clouds and flying above them--waved and cheered as soon as her distinctive rainbow came into view. Half of Cloudsdale must’ve turned out for her! They held up banners that read things like, “Cloudsdale Welcomes Her Number One Daughter!”, "Welcome Home Rainbow Dash!", "Cloudsdale: Home of Rainbow Dash!" or simply, “Go Rainbow Dash!”

When the balloon settled on the clouds and Rainbow joined her friends, the already loud cheering seemed to redouble.

“Whooa...” Dinky gasped. “EVERYpony's cheerin' for you, Rainbow!”

Dash didn’t disagree. She just started kinda numbly at the spectacle of it all. Rainbow wasn’t unused to praise, be it from her foal-aged fans in Ponyville or from her friends or even Princess Celestia -- but this was Cloudsdale. Her home town. She had grown up here and they knew her here; including some of her more obvious mistakes and flaws. For her fellow Cloudsdalians to turn out like this for her … she didn’t quite know how to react, it was all too unexpected.

Fortunately, Cloud Kicker had her own ideas for how to handle it. She deftly slid under Rainbow Dash, lifting her up on her back. “Have your moment in the sun, Dash!” She grinned up at her as she hoisted Dash up for the crowd to get a better look.

“Yeah Rainbow Dash! Wohoooo!” Dinky cheered, bouncing around.

“Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh!!!” Rainbow murmured in a rush, letting the sea of admiration rush over her as she was lifted up.

Cloud Kicker winked at Rainbow. “You earned it, Dash.”

“Goodness...” Derpy breathed, her eyes going wide as a mild wave from Rainbow prompted a massive increase in cheering. “Wasn't there supposed to be a competition, or something?” Her daughter didn’t seem to mind as Dinky continued her adorable cheering. With a shrug, Derpy leaned down to give Dinky a boost up.

“This is the BEST day ever!” Rainbow whooped loudly to her friends, having to fight to be heard over the roars of the crowd.

Pinkie cheered just as loudly as anypony (or ten) present. “Hooray for Rainbow Dash! This is like a giant party all for you! This is the greatest thing ever!”

Fluttershy nodded, smiling happily for Dash but still shrinking away from the enormous (and loud) crowd. “Rainbow Dash, you rock. Woo-hoo.”

“Quite.” Rarity agreed primly a she sought to make sure she was suitably presentable. After all, looking good for Rainbow Dash’s big day only made Rainbow look better.

Applejack nodded, letting out a whistle. “Woo-hee. All this turn out for a enterin’ little ol’ contest?”

Cloud Kicker nudged her. “Hey, Rainbow’s awesome, remember?”

“Whoooooohoooooo!” Dinky hollered from on her mother’s back. “Yaaay!” She paused. “An' other cheerin' sounds!”

Rainbow laughed. “Great cheering, Dinky! You're the best!” She grinned as a delighted smile worked its way across Dinky’s face, prompting her to hop up and down even more.

With a strained grunt, Cloud hoisted Rainbow up a bit higher for the crowd as she started to chant. “Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash!”

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy caught on almost immediately. “Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash!”

“Oh, the hay with it.” Derpy shrugged, giving in to the hype. “Yay Rainbow Dash!”

Dinky giggled. “Mommy, you can be louder! Like Miss Fluttershy--watch!” She took a breath, inhaling deeply before letting out an adorable little “yay!”

The cheers redoubled, getting louder and louder as the crowd picked it up. “RAIN-BOW DASH! RAIN-BOW DASH! RAIN-BOW DASH!”

Completely flat-hooved, Rainbow Dash could only gawk, blushing until Cloud shot her a shameless grin. “Just shut up and enjoy it, or I'm gonna give you a big kiss to fire up the crowd more.”

A wide grin threatened to split Rainbow’s face in two as everything began to sink in. Practically all of Cloudsdale—her home town!—had turn out in droves for her. Her. Rainbow Dash. She stood up on Cloud’s back, pumping her hooves in the air. “C'mon, Cloudsdale! I-CAN'T-HEAR-YOU!!!” The cheering then reached a new feverous pitch.

“Rilly?” Dinky rubbed her ears. “Ya gotta listen harder, then, 'cause I can!” Derpy’s wide smile started to become a bit strained.

Cloud Kicker on the other hoof, felt no such compunctions. “Who's cool?” She called out to the crowd.

“RAIN-BOW DAAAAASH!” Came the answer.

“An' awesome?” Dinky added, apparently being heard by some of the closer ponies, who immediately started up a cheer.

“RAIN-BOW DAAAAAASH!!!”

“And radical?!” Hollered Cloud Kicker.

“RAAAAIN-BOOOOW DAAAAAAAAAAAASHHH!”

Cloud cleared her throat as she bellowed out as loud as she could: “Who's just the best damn pegasus in Equestria?”

Dinky grinned. “Rainbow Dash's the best da—”

Dinky Margot Doo!” Derpy snapped.

“—rn pegasus in Equestria!” Dinky finished with a meep that was completely lost among the deafening roar from the crowd. Derpy shot Cloud a warning look that was sheepishly, if apologetically, returned.

Rainbow was too busy soaking up the attention like a sponge to notice, hovering just off Cloud’s back and showboating for the crowd. Dinky started pumping her hooves up in imitation of Rainbow Dash, as if she was showing off a new toy or trophy as she pointed to Dash.

With an evil grin, Kicker looked up and started a new call. “Speech! Speech!” It was quickly picked up by the crowd.

The flustered Rainbow opened her mouth only to have a faint squeak come out. “Umm, uh…” she frantically thought for something amazing and awe-inspiring to say. Stupid Cloud Kicker! "Uh, it's great to be back?”

Apparently that was enough for the audience for she was met with wild cheering and applause.

Whoa!” Dinky exclaimed as she was almost blown off her mother’s back by cheers. Derpy quickly caught her and held her tight.

Cloud whispered up to Rainbow, her whisper being more along the lines of a soft shout, considering she was competing for attention with a huge mob. “Thank your friends and the crowd. Ponies love that stuff.”

Rainbow’s ear twitched, indicating that she heard her. “Let's have a big hoof for my number one gals!” She swept her wing back to indicate her friends from Ponyville. The crowd gave an obliging but not very heart felt cheer.

“Yaaaaay you!” Dinky cheered.

“Woo!” Cloud whooped, shooting Rainbow an approving smile.

Dash waved and waited for the cheers to subside. “Thank you all for coming out … I promise to give Cloudsdale a show it won't soon forget!” She held up her hooves and the cheers redoubled.

“Don’t forget Derpy, Dinky, and the Princess too,” Cloud whispered.

“Umm ... oh!” Rainbow perked up. “Let's give it up for the Wonderbolts and Princess Celestia for visiting our truly awesome city and judging this year’s Best Young Flyers Competition!”

The crowd cheered and Rainbow still managed to pick out Dinky’s own contribution of, “Yay Miss Princess!”

Spotting her, Kicker whispered up to Rainbow again. “Do something with Dinky, the crowd'll love it.”

Grinning, Rainbow landed on the clouds and waved Dinky over. The little filly trotted over obligingly and latched onto her--and there’s really no other word for it--adinkably. “Hi Rainbow!”

Dash hugged her briefly and then held her up over her head, hovering off the cloud to get the maximum amount of attention. “And let's hear it for the awesome guests visiting to see the competition! Let's give them an awesome show, right?”

Dinky gasped as the crowd cheered. “Holymoly that's a lotta ponies!”

Rainbow lifted her higher. “Let's hear it for Dinky—my goddaughter!” The cheers increased. “She's here to watch the competition to see the best Cloudsdale has to offer—including her mom! Let's not disappoint her, right?” The crowd roared approval.

“Whoa!” Dinky gasped, squirming in Rainbow’s grip. “They're RILLY screamy when you listen to 'em from here!”

Cloud beamed up as Rainbow and Dinky, giving them both a cheer, joined in by a smiling Derpy and the rest of Rainbow’s friends. “RAIN-BOW DASH! RAIN-BOW DASH! RAIN-BOW DASH!”

Rainbow Dash felt like she flying on top of the world.


Rainbow was still dancing on cloud nine, both figuratively and literally, half an hour later when they finally managed to shake the crowd and grab some relative peace and quiet. “Oh my gosh ... did you guys see all that?! Half of Cloudsdale must've been there! Cheering for me, me!”

Dinky rubbed her ears. “Wut?”

“Yeah, it awesome.” Cloud reached out and pulled Dash in a hug. “And Rainbow, I just wanna say right now, I'm real proud of you.”

“Thanks, Cloudy.” Rainbow hugged her back. “This is just so ... unbelievable!” Derpy and the other soon joined in, forming a massive pony pile with Rainbow in the middle.

“I know!” Cloud Kicker fought to maintain her control. “But yeah, I'm real proud of you for keeping your hooves on the ground like that. Hay, that was probably the closest thing Cloudsdale's seen to a Pegasopolan Triumph since ... well, since Pegasopolis.”

Rainbow’s eyes went wide. “Whoa … really?” The glee in her voice was evident.

“Yeah!” Dinky hugged her. “'Cept everypony got a little too loud.”

“Yup.” CK nudged her. “And since it's tradition for somepony to say it at the end of every Triumph: ‘Remember, thou art mortal.’”

Dash looked suitably confused. “Huh?”

“Nice omen, Cloud,” Derpy quipped.

Dinky gave all the adults present a confused look. “What’s a moral gotta do with a flyin' contest?”

“Just a tradition.” Cloud Kicker grinned. “Means ‘Don't let it go to your head.’” She leaned over to nuzzle Dash. “Which Rainbow's doing a great job of. So proud of you.”

Rainbow’s face turned crimson. “Aww, c'mon Kicker...”

“I mean it, Dash.” Cloud nudged her. “Sharing that moment with Dinky and remembering everypony else ... it was great.” She dropped her voice into a sultry tone. “Sexy as hay, too.”

Derpy quickly covered a curious-looking Dinky’s ears. Rainbow stammered. “W-well...” She picked up Dinky and held her between herself and Kicker. “Enjoy your moment kiddo?”

“Yah-HUH!” Dinky nodded. “'Cept can I get a moment before I get my next moment? 'Cause next time I gotta bring earplugs.”

Cloud beamed at Rainbow for a second before chuckling at Dinky. “I think we can figure something out, Dinky.”

“Silly Muffin.” Derpy snorted fondly, then nudged Rainbow. “So ... moment of glory, and the competition hasn't even started.”

Rainbow shrugged. “I guess that was for the whole, y'know saving the world thing. But winning the competition will totally be the icing on the cake!”

“Yup.” Cloud agreed. “This is Dash's moment to shine.”

“Duzzat mean we gotta polish her?” Dinky asked curiously.

Rainbow mussed her head fondly. “C’mon Dinks, let’s go get some souvenirs.”

Can we!?” Dinky gasped, looking to her mother. “Pleeeeeeze?”

Derpy chuckled, relenting. “A few, Muffin--just a few.”

“A few!?” Dinky asked, sounding horrified.

Nodding, Derpy shot her daughter a look. “You're room's messy enough already. Just a few.”

Dinky pouted as Rainbow nudged her over. “C'mon Dinks, we'll get the really awesome ones!” She lifted Dinky up and put her on her back before starting to walk off.

“Woo-hoo!” Pinkie bounced up and down. “I love souvenirs! Come on everypony!”

Derpy looked at CK. “You all go ahead, we’ll join you in a few.”

“A'kay! Bye Mommy!” Dinky waved from Rainbow’s back. “Bye Miss Cloud Kicker!”

“Have fun, you two!” Cloud grinned as she waved goodbye.

Dinky buried her head in Dash’s mane, humming something as just her eyes and horn poked out. After a moment she stopped and giggled. “Right, sorry. The Sneaky Theme's not sneaky if you hum it!”

“You're something else, Dinky.” Rainbow shook her head as they walked off, her Ponyville friends joining her.

Derpy giggled and waved them off. Once they were out of sight she dropped her hoof and sighed. “Oh, Luna.”

“What?” Kicker looked at her. “What’s up?”

“Don’t you think you were laying it on a bit thick?” Derpy asked. “Rainbow's going to have her head in the clouds for months after this.” She paused. “More than usual, I mean.”

“She deserves her moment the sun,” Cloud said, a touch defensively. “Celestia knows she earned it.”

Derpy conceded the point with a nod. “Maybe, but she's overshadowing everypony else that came here.”

Cloud was about to deny it when she thought back to her talk with Rainbow on the way over. “Yeah, she is. Still, couldn't be prouder of how she handled it.”

“Maybe, but this isn't a Triumph,” The wall-eyed mare stressed. “It's a Flyers’ Competition.”

“C'mon Derpy, we both know we're gunning for second place with Dash in the competition. I say let her have her fifteen minutes of fame.”

“You know that, and I know that, but everypony else who had the nerve to sign up actually expected a competition, not a grandiose ego-stroke,” Derpy pointed out. Then she winced. “Please don't elaborate on that mental image.”

Cloud draped a wing across Derpy’s back comfortingly. “It’ll be okay. Besides, what are we gonna do, try and tear her down in front of the crowd?”

Derpy didn’t waste a second in shaking her head vigorously. “No, of course not. That'd just be hurtful. And stupid. And hurtfully stupid, with a dash of stupidly hurtful.”

Kicker nodded as if to say, ‘Well, there you go then.’ She shrugged. “Yeah, it is gonna be hard to compete against Rainbow. That's just how it is. She's the best flyer here, and we all know it. I'm sorry that means other ponies have to lose to her, but...”

“I am too, but there's a fine line between celebrating and gloating, and after an entrance like that...” Derpy trailed off meaningfully.

“Dash tried real hard to keep things modest.” Cloud let an edge of annoyance creep into her voice. “As long as she keeps it up, I don't think we need to worry.”

“If you say so.” Derpy sounded remarkably unconvinced.

Cloud Kicker flicked her tail and grumbled. “She's keeping grounded. First thing she said was to thank her friends, the Princess, and everypony else.”

“With a little help.” Derpy speared Cloud with a pointed look. “It was a little hard to miss you reminding her. All I'm saying is she shouldn't need those nudges in the right direction.”

“Nopony's perfect, Derpy,” Kicker stated evenly. “And if you're worried about her not being modest, then giving her a little nudge and telling her she did good when she follows it is a good way of bringing it up.”

Ditzy opened her mouth only to close it again. “Quit making good points, you're making me feel silly.”

Cloud smiled softly, then looked around to make sure they were alone. Once she was done, she turned back to Derpy. “She doesn't really have a big ego, y'know ... not really.” She shuffled her hooves. “My aunt said once that one of the reasons ponies spend a lot of times bragging is 'cause deep down, they don't feel good about themselves, so they brag to compensate.”

Derpy nodded. “I know. She feeds off of it because she kind of needs it.”

“All those idiots who teased her, said she didn't deserve to be the Princess' student ... it got to her more than she'll ever admit.” Cloud Kicker gave a sad sigh. “She always tries to be tough around you.”

“Even before Dinky was born, she was always the pony who tried to show up for somepony when you needed them—never mind what she needed.” Derpy agreed.

“I guess 'cause of how we protected you back in Flight Camp.” Cloud reasoned. “Hay, I've only really seen how hurt she is once or twice. But...” Cloud bit her lip. “That one time I was holding her while she cried her eyes out 'cause the teasing got to her ... it stuck with me. I don't think she's ever really shaken it. But if a little fame can put that scared little filly to rest, and convince her that she is good enough...” She looked over to where Rainbow had left with Dinky.

Derpy followed her gaze. “I'd hoped that being a hero for another little filly would've already done that.”

“It's a work in progress,” Cloud smiled gently. “I just hope I get to be there when she finishes. 'Cause Derpy, when Dash shakes the last bits of that scared little filly off ... it's gonna be beautiful.” She grinned and started swaying as she broke into song:


So get up, get down. If you're gonna come around.
We can fly together watching Rainbow win the crown!

Derpy smiled, joining Cloud’s singing.


So get up, get down cause it’s gonna make a sound.
If we fly together watching Rainbow Dash win the crown!