• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 2,076 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Puggy - DarthWill3



Rainbow Dash has rescued 4 pug puppies from the river, but she can't keep or get rid of them. They need a home. Which pony should she ask to take care of the little angels?

  • ...
4
 63
 2,076

Prologue

One day, at Fluttershy’s house, Rainbow Dash had just stopped by to pick up her tortoise, Tank.

“Thanks for fixing up Tank for me, Fluttershy,” said Rainbow, giving her tortoise a high hoof. “I wish I knew how you’d cure sore throats for animals.”

Fluttershy smiled. “Oh, it’s not so hard,” she replied, softly. “I just read the instructions given by my copy of the 1,000 Ways to Cure Your Pet manual.”

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “You read the manual?” she asked.

Everypony reads the manual,” chimed Fluttershy. “Anyway, you’re so lucky to have a pet like Tank.”

Rainbow and Tank acknowledged each other with grins of satisfaction. Where would she be without him? After all, he helped remove that boulder from her wing at Ghastly Gorge with his head, which was remarkable for a little guy like him. And on their first day of Pony Pet Play Date, too.

“Of course,” continued Fluttershy, “I still think this sweet wittle putty tat has your name written all over him.” And she carried that little white kitten with the bow on his head that matched his big eyes, nudging his head next to Rainbow. “I mean, look at him! He’s so cute!

Rainbow sighed heavily and gave her fillyhood friend an obvious look of annoyance. “Fluttershy, how many times do I have to tell you? I. Don’t. Do. Cute.”

“Aw, that’s not true,” said Fluttershy. “Twilight told me how you reacted to the parasprites I brought in. Remember?”

Rainbow’s face reddened. Fluttershy was right, but she didn’t even want to admit it. Worse of all, she even called the parasprites “adorable trash.” She couldn’t believe she said that. Luckily for her, no pony was there to hear it, since she was up in the sky and her voice was kept low.

“I was just playing along with the crowd before the little monsters had grown like crazy,” she snapped. “Why should the best flyer in all Equestria fall for something that’s… cute? Answer me that.”

Fluttershy became hesitant in her reply. “Well…”

“Forget I asked, okay?” Rainbow cut in, dryly. “See you later.”

And with that, she and Tank left the house and flew up in the air, the latter using the helicopter hat on his shell for that advantage.

“I’m telling you, Tank,” Rainbow said, dryly, “if I never hear the word ‘cute,’ ‘adorable,’ ‘sweet,’ or anything like them, it’ll be too soon.”

“Hey, Rainbow Dash!” called Pinkie Pie from down below in her chirpy way. “Love the new getaway with Tank from Fluttershy’s house! It’s pretty cute!”

Tank looked to see his owner with her eye lids half closed with resignation before hearing her say, “Yep. It’s too soon.”

Author's Note:

What's up with Dashie and what does she have against animals that are cute?