• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 1,458 Views, 13 Comments

Outcast - RedScootaloo



After finally returning to Ponyville, Scootaloo finds herself to be confronted with intolerance, hatred and an annoying sister. Sequel to Runaway.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,458

Chapter 5: Gathering information

It turned out to be several hours later than expected that Sweetie finally appeared, her coat dripping wet from the rain outside. Wind shook the little tree house and the two fillies were just about to leave in fear of being crushed inside it when the door creaked.

"Finally," moaned Apple Bloom, "We've been waitin' for at least a week for all it feel' like!" It had indeed been a long time, seeing as Celestia's sun had already completed its daily routine and was just waiting for Luna's masterpiece to turn up, leaving a red shimmer on the horizon - which, of course, none of the three ponies noticed. In the meantime, Scootaloo had filled her best friend in on the events that took place this morning and worked out a plan on what to do.

They'd have to convince the indecisive ponies regarding the matter of sexuality to understand their point, to think liberal. Why wouldn't you let a pony do what it did if they didn't bother you with it? Surely that wouldn't be so hard, they thought. The tougher part would be convincing the homophobes. Convince them that there is literally nothing wrong with gay love, that it is as natural as hetero love. They didn't hate heterosexuals, so why wouldn't it be the other way around?

Because it was new. This was, what the next day brought them. It was an experimental thing that was going on around some of the bigger cities in Equestria, but that was unheard of in rural regions like Ponyville. Especially elder ponies turned out to be scared of it, not of the thing itself, as it seemed, but of the dramatic change. Before, homosexuality was almost unknown of. It was frowned upon by most grandparents and parents itself, who did not understand how a "choice" like this could be made. Just be straight.

But the fillies didn't give up. They kept talking to ponies, not only adults but ponies their age as well, though that turned out to be...

Let's say unproductive. Most of them followed their parents up on this matter. The few that didn't were too scared to talk to them for long, or even be seen with them. Some of the ponies in town however listened and threw in some more ideas, like opening some sort of local movement for tolerance. Whether they'd join in was a different thing entirely, though.

It happened on the fourth day after the day Scootaloo was publicly chided by Cheerilee, the day they had come to call Day 0. Apple Bloom came up with the courage to interview Silver Spoon about the matter. She waited just long enough to catch her without Diamond Tiara and came to an interesting conclusion.

"So, gals, what d'ya think about this?" she asked her friends after confronting them with her results. They held daily meetings in the tree house every evening to catch up with whatever new they had found out and create a plan for the next day.

"I don't know, Bloom. It seems quite far-fetched, saying that she was a fillyfooler. You might be jumping to fast conclusions here." Her head was resting on her hoof saying this, her eyes looking through the yellow pony's face.

Apple Bloom didn't hesitate a second before responding. "It seemed so obvious though! The way she blushed when I asked her about Tiara-"

"You did what?" Scootaloo interrupted shocked. "I can't believe you did that. The poor pony, she must be scared out of her mind, especially now that you know about it, with Diamond Tiara being the bully she is." She spent a moment thinking about it. "Although, that information is useful for sure. But we need to make sure noone is harmed due to this."

"I can't believe hearing you being so adult about this, Scoots. This is so unlike you, not trying to prank her with it." Sweetie Belle interjected.

"That's because I begin to understand how she might've felt all that time. She's always been the smaller bully of the pair, after all. I can see how you could think she fell in love with Diamond Tiara. Though it doesn't seem like it could work out in favor of both of them, sadly."

Silence set in for a while while all of them gathered their thoughts. Well, as much silence as you can have with four ill ponies, three of which sounding like they were dead-sick on a cold. So, a lot of snuffling was going on here, until it was interrupted by Scoots' voice again, saying "Wait a second, Bash, since when are you here?", initiating another awkward minute of sniffing silence, until the others joined in with confused gazes towards the unusual sight of the cyan pony, who had apparently snuck into the tree house with them. "Also, does this mean you can forgive me?"

Author's Note:

Finally I shall return after more than a year of rarely being on this site, and spending even less time writing for this story.
Well, what a way to make an (at least temporary) return - creating another chapter for this story. I hope your desire for information is satisfied for the time being, even though it is nothing new from Rusty's past (which some of you might be waiting for), but something from the present (again, what some of you probably have been waiting for).
I know it's been a long time and I've probably forgotten half the things about this story (jeez, I didn't even know whether Bash was an earth pony or pegasus and what her color was before I checked), and my writing style probably changed quite a lot, but I hope it's still something you can work with and you can enjoy.
As always, I love your feedback, and now more than ever since I don't yet know whether I'll be able to continue writing on here (not only time-wise, but also inspiration-wise). So, be sure to leave a comment if you've got anything you'd like to tell or ask me.

Comments ( 3 )

Awww. I would've liked to have heard what Cherilee said.

This story isn't as bad as I thought

Wait I just realized something. Bash is an earth pony right? Did they have to move, 'cause I don't see how she could be living in a cloud house?

Login or register to comment