• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 1,458 Views, 13 Comments

Outcast - RedScootaloo



After finally returning to Ponyville, Scootaloo finds herself to be confronted with intolerance, hatred and an annoying sister. Sequel to Runaway.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,458

Chapter 2: School

Scootaloo jumped out of her bed. Today was the first day for her to finally return to school. Obviously, liking school was for geeks only, so that wasn't the thing she was excited about.

But today she could finally enjoy a normal life. It would be the first time in school she wouldn't be dirty, and that was something to be excited about if you never experienced something like that. Usually, everyone would avoid her because of her stench, but today she would smell neutral, or even good. Rainbow Dash had got her a shampoo that smelled so amazing that Scootaloo had spent an hour opening and closing the bottle, pressing the air out of it in her face to enjoy the smell.

And today everyone would smell it. That's what she was excited about. She almost ran to the bathroom and slammed the door open to see-

Bash in the shower. Using her shampoo. Obviously, Scoots didn't not like Bash or anything, but still... She could've asked her, at least.

Standing there silent in the doorway with Bash showering, she felt weird. She never saw somepony showering, and she never saw Bash in such an- an intimate situation. She looked so vulnerable with her back turned to the door, not noticing anything behind her or simply ignoring it.

Bash turned the shower off. "You gonna say hi or what?" she whispered. "You know, it ain't nice watching somepony showering and not even greeting her." She turned around, having this weird kind of look on her face. One of the I-really-don't-mind-you-standing-there-I-just-dislike-your-existence kind.

"Uh- erh, good morning, sister. Sorry, I didn't want to-" Scootaloo responded, only to be interrupted.

"I don't care. I was done anyways," the filly responded, cold eyes on Scootaloo. Without looking away she grabbed a towel and wrapped it light-hoofed around her body. She then left the room, not without bumping her shoulder in Scoots' without saying anything else.

In total, it didn't look like the best start for her first school week.

A short look to the clock told her her miscalculation of the time she had until school began. She had only 20 minutes left to get ready. The rest of her morning was spent in a hurry, she rushed under the shower, almost forgot to use the shampoo and nearly destroyed a glass bottle filled with whatever grown-ups use when they go out.

When she finally dried her coat and entered the kitchen, she realized her mistake: Either the clock in the bathroom didn't work properly, or the kitchen clock was broken. Bash's question solved the mystery. "Why are you in such a hurry? You should really chill out, we've got half an hour left." Shaking her head, Bash left the room, again, bumping her shoulder against Scootaloo.

Does she really hate me that much that she can't even bear me to be in the same room as she is in? What have I done...

She quickly ate her breakfast, alone, since Bash avoided her and Rainbow Dash was already out working or training or probably just napping on some cloud in the sun. Then she proceeded to pack her pens and her books in a bag and headed towards school.

The first lesson today would be with Miss Cheerilee, they'd probably talk about cutie marks again. Surprisingly, as she entered the classroom, she didn't see Sweetie Belle anywhere, though she usually was the first pony every day. In fact, nopony was in the room. Scootaloo double-checked the clock - it was 5 minutes before the lesson began. Everypony should be here by now.

What she did see though, was a note lying on her table. She picked it up and opened it.

Hey, freak!
I hope you know what you're doing, because I know what will happen if you stay.

That was all. No names, just this - apparently a threat. But why? What did she do?

In that minute, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon entered the room. "Can you believe this girl? She really returned and - do you know what ponies say? They say she kissed- Oh, Scootaloo! We were just talking about you. Please, tell us, how did you gather the courage to actually return?"

"Just leave me alone, Tiara. I know you don't like me, so don't even try to pretend you would."

"Actually, I wasn't even trying to pretend. I really am interested. You shouldn't have, you know? Come back, I mean. Because nopony likes you. You freak," she whispered sharp.

There it was, again. Freak. Why did she call her that?

She was just about to ask her when Cheerilee entered the room, the rest of the class following her.

"Good morning, children. Please, sit down. Today, we will be talking about sexuality."

Author's Note:

Yaaaay, finally got it done. Sorry for my epic delays in updating my stories, I've just been pretty busy lately. Not promising that it'll get better, but fall holidays are coming up, so hopefully I'll get one or two chapters done during those... Anyways, have fun reading!