• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 5,397 Views, 31 Comments

Bathtime for Original Characters, Extended. - Starry Eyed



The side stories of everyone's favorite timetraveling foalsitter, that would be you of course. Nyx, Snowdrop, and Fluffle Puff all get baths for the grand opening. Link to the main story included.

  • ...
3
 31
 5,397

Corona (when she was still Celestia)

Corona is the creation of RainbowDoubleDash as is the entire universe she is set in. Namely, the Lunaverse, a parallel Equestria where it was Celestia, not Luna, who became corrupted. In addition, Trixie is Luna’s student the same way Twilight was Celestia’s, and there is a whole different cast for the Elements of Harmony. Description intentionally left wanting so as not to spoil too much. Links to the stories are included.

Here is where the story starts on a timeline.

But here is the first written story.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finish filling up the tub with nothing but the hottest water the tap would produce. Thankfully your boss had provided you with some magic-infused gloves for this job. They are similar to dish-washing gloves, but thinner, softer, and totally resistant to heat. Your natural foalsitter instinct makes you a little worried about making the water this hot, but that’s the way she wanted it.

You had tried to wash the parallel versions of the two royal sisters together, and had already done so multiple times. However, like the Celestia and Luna in the world you are used to, the sisters liked their bath to be drastically different. Luna liked a bath that was, ‘just hotter than too cold’ whereas Celestia liked her bath, ‘turning to steam’ implying that the bath water shouldn’t even be liquid anymore at the temperatures she preferred. Being in sync with the sun just had that effect on her. The Celestia you are friends with had always been compromising, willing to take simple, warm baths. But the Lunaverse version of her, Corona-to-be, insisted that you get the water at least as hot as the tub would allow.

You had also had to ask Twilight (the one you know, not the one from this world) to make you another magic bubblebath formula, which had ended up costing slightly more than this job was going to pay, and that was with the ‘we’re friends’ discount. Still, you have to admit, Twilight did a great job. The bubbles in the tub as constantly popping and reappearing, making the tub look like it is literally boiling over. This is only the magic bubblebath at work, but it looks real enough to worry you, and hopefully real enough to get Celestia to take a bath (you give everypony the benefit of the doubt, so you decided to refer to her as Celestia, or even Tia, but never Corona).

You call out for her to come get her bath, but you get the wrong pony. Little Luna come running at the sound of your voice. You give her a caring pat on the head, but tell her that her bath will be next. Upon seeing the bath, Luna is REALLY glad this one’s not for her. You chuckle at Luna’s cuteness, but sigh at Celestia not coming. You should have known she wouldn’t just come when called. Oh well, being a foalsitter requires tactic, “Celestia, the bath is boiling hot. It’ll be cold if you wait till later.”

Moments later a tiny Celestia rounds the corner, slightly grumpy that she has to play by your rules. You pick her up and slowly set her in the tub so she can test the water. This is all done instinctually however, because in reality you couldn’t possibly have made the water too hot for her. Sure enough, she is greatly disappointed that the water isn’t actually boiling, but she does seem impressed that you managed to make it look like it is.

You get out some magic shampoo that you requested specifically for this job. ‘Magic’ is accurate, but ‘fireproof’ is more specific. When her hair is washed with this, she can’t make her mane turn to fire. She hasn’t demonstrated that power yet at her age, but you don’t want to take a chance. You reflect on the thought of a bottle of shampoo being all it would take to stop Corona, but you know it would only stop her mane fires. Though it may be funnier imagining Corona with a soapy mane, giving “I am the rightful ruler!” speeches while trying to keep the suds out of her eyes until it was washed out.

Thankfully, you have been washing ponies so long you can think all this even while massaging the suds into her currently cotton-candy pink mane. Even Celestia likes how good you are at this, but gets annoyed once you get sidetracked in thought and accidentally wash her mane for two whole minutes. You apologize and get out the crystal rinsing dish. You really don’t want to handle the scalding water more than you have to after all. The hot water does make rinsing the suds much easier than normal though, and in only five rinses her little pink mane clean, naturally flowing back.

You now ask her to lift her tail for you to wash. She doesn’t like this part, but the alternative was to wash it herself, which as a foal, she is no good at, so she reluctantly complies. You get another handful of shampoo and begin combing it through Celestia’s tail. Her tail is long and full for her size, but ‘her size’ happens to be no bigger than any foal. Her entire tail fits in your two hands, so it only takes a half a minute to scrub it. It never fails to amaze you how delicate these ponies are, yet how much potential is stored within them. Though perhaps the same could be said of all children.

Not waiting to be rinsed, Celestia sits down. You know the scalding water will get the suds out, so you forget it. Normally the bath would be over at this point, but Celestia is pure white, and even a tiny amount of dirt really stands out on her coat. You get out the brush and pour some regular soap onto it. Celestia HATES this part, and holds out her front right hoof as if telling you to stop and desist. You shrug and take the opportunity to scrub that hoof and the leg it is connected to. This provokes a, “You’ll pay dearly for this” look from Celestia, which in turn provokes a, “I’m not even slightly worried” look from you.

After a minute of scrubbing, you offer Celestia some bath toys. Celestia takes them gladly at first, but the bath water is now only warm, so she decides to go play somewhere else and get this bath over with. You let her out and unplug the tub. You remove the gloves and get out a nice clean towel to dry her with. She smiles warmly at you, grateful for the bath. Despite all her pouting, it was just the way she liked it, and she appreciated the effort.

You head out into the hall, where Luna has been waiting for her sister the whole time. You set Celestia down and let the two play a bit. Celestia runs down the hall to play, and is quickly followed by Luna. You start to call Luna back, but decide that it will take a while to get her bath ready, so you let her go play. Besides, this will be some of the best times she will have with her sister.

Even you, who are from the future, do not know for sure if Corona will ever be redeemed, if there is even anything left to redeem. But you see her now, as a foal, completely innocent (though a bit spoiled). You worry as any caretaker would, but children have an effect on you, an effect that gives you hope. You can’t be sure things will get better, but you can be sure that Corona was once pure, and that is enough for now.

Author's Note:

Corona is the creation of RainbowDoubleDash as is the entire universe she is set in. Namely, the Lunaverse, a parallel Equestria where it was Celestia, not Luna, who became corrupted. In addition, Trixie is Luna’s student the same way Twilight was Celestia’s, and there is a whole different cast for the Elements of Harmony. Description intentionally left wanting so as not to spoil too much.Links to the stories are included.

Here is where the story starts on a timeline.

But here is the first written story.

Now that credit has been given where it is due, my obligatory author's notes.

I wrote a chapter for all of the Lunaverse Elements of Harmony in the main story

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2

The only Element I didn't write a chapter for was Lyra. As much as I would have loved to, Derps already wrote her a chapter long before I took over the series, and I'm not rewriting anypony until I'm sure there are no other ponies to be washed.

The sole exception to that was Ditzy Doo. Derps already washed Derpy, but I like to consider them two different ponies.

Even if you don't have time to read my whole series, you should at least read the Ditzy Doo chapter, it's one of my best.

P.S. I know this is more of a Original Series, rather than Original Character, but Corona HAD to be washed. The Lunaverse is tied in first place as my favorite Parallel Equestria and fanfiction. I can rest easy now knowing I've made it a tribute. Starry out.

Comments ( 6 )

It is quite well written starry keep up the good work

In the author notes you state the P.S. twice

2973203

:rainbowhuh: whu? How did? Why did? :rainbowderp: oh.

:facehoof:Thanks, don't know how that happened. Must have happened when I pasted it in.

You get a mustache :moustache:

2974183
many mustaches
i feel so accomplished

Riz

2974183
Please do Button Mash ? :twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment