• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 5,402 Views, 31 Comments

Bathtime for Original Characters, Extended. - Starry Eyed



The side stories of everyone's favorite timetraveling foalsitter, that would be you of course. Nyx, Snowdrop, and Fluffle Puff all get baths for the grand opening. Link to the main story included.

  • ...
3
 31
 5,402

Fluffle Puff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are holding on to the side of Celestia’s flying chariot for dear life, “Couldn’t we just teleport there Celestia?” Celestia gives you a pitying look; she would have thought you were used to being up so high after going to Cloudsdale so many times.

“No sitter. I could teleport, but you would be woozy if we teleported such a distance, and you will be needing your full concentration for this job. You see sitter, the Fluffy Ponies are by far the rarest tribe of Ponykind, much more so than even the Crystal Ponies. I received a notice yesterday that a great dust storm got out of control of the weather teams and headed straight for them. I fear this will be a task for the ages, almost like Winter Wrap Up. We will need someone to organize.”

You look up at Celestia, if only so that you don’t have to look down, “Why don’t you just get Twilight to organize?” Despite asking, you’re pretty sure the boss arranged this as your punishment for letting Luna use the time machine.

Celestia looks baffled, “Why would I let Twilight handle such a big job? She’s just a filly after all; she only started my tutelage a while ago. Besides, you are the expert of bathing sitter, not her.” You mentally scold yourself for not realizing that Twilight would have still been a filly at this time, and Celestia makes efforts not to ask you about how her student will turn out.

Finally you arrive in Ponyville, it looks subtly different, but that’s to be expected. The ‘library’ is the biggest tree in town, but it’s not big enough to hollow out and make the library out of yet. The future mayor comes to greet the Princess, but at that time she was just a young mare who was helping organize this event. Most of Ponyville has come out to greet their Princess, but nopony notices you until you stand up and step out of the chariot. Upon seeing you half the town smiles and greets you, “Hi sitter, welcome back!” You had never realized that you were a celebrity.

Celestia consults the future mayor, “So, where are they?” The future Mayor points over to what looks like a dusty pink wool avalanche heading straight for you, attracted by the sight of Celestia’s chariot. There are only about as many fluffy ponies as there were clones of Pinkie Pie when she dabbled with the magic mirror pond, but with all that fluff it’s going to be a serious problem. You can’t believe you are actually wishing Discord was here right now, you could really use his power to turn dirt into soap right now.

Celestia steps over beside you, “So, what now sitter?”

You take a moment to get out the onyx shampoo that you used on Sombra, and use it to paint black lines under your eyes like hoofball players do. “Ok team, we’re going to need to split this job up. Whether team, you’re in charge of rinsing. Once we get them sudsy, cause a concentrated downpour. Be sure to reserve a few of your ponies to manually go over and make sure that all the suds are gone. Celestia told me that she reserved the Ponyville spa, use those as bathtubs. Apple family, you’re in charge of rounding up anypony that strays, I know how much some ponies hate baths. Everypony else, get some shampoo and a brush, you’re on the lathering team.”

The half of Ponyville that knows you salutes and set about their tasks, the other half notices that Celestia is nodding and does the same after a moment. Celestia fly up, “Then I will give the rainwater the necessary heat and water pressure for the rinsing team.”

You nod, satisfied that everything is going well. You turn around and trip on something, landing face first in a fluffy pony foal. You can’t believe this foal’s fluff was enough to keep either of you from getting hurt in the exchange. The little fluffy pony smiles once you sit up, and nuzzles up against you, obviously liking you immediately. “Well hello little one. What’s your name?”

“Her name is Fluffle Puff, she doesn’t talk” Comes a voice you know all too well. You look up to see a slightly younger Queen Chrysalis approaching. The young Fluffle Puff pounces up and snuggles up against Chrysalis’s neck. Celestia however has also noticed the Changeling Queen and approaches with every intention to protect Ponyville from her.

“What are you doing here Changeling?”

“I’m here because the sitter’s boss told me I was the only one that could get Fluffle Puff here to get a bath. Not to mention that these furballs are essentially pure love in fluff form. Just helping out today will feed my hive for a year!” Chrysalis’s guards return to her side at the sight of Celestia, but pass into a love comma just from Fluffle Puff noticing them. While they are asleep, Fluffle pets their tails.

The two sovereigns lock aim on each other and ready their strongest magic. You do what any good sitter would do, “Girls! Not in front of the foals. Play nice.”

Two accusing hooves are raised against the opposing sovereign, “She started it!” Two royal voices shout together.

“And I’m ending it! I’m the sitter, there are foals present, and we’re all going to behave.”

Two disappointed royals sigh and speak in unison, “Yes sitter.”

Now that there is no danger of the foals seeing something above a ‘G’ rating, you realize what you just did. You just bossed two royals around, and they took it! You didn’t even realize you what you were doing, your foalsitter instinct just kicked in on its own. You turn around to notice everypony in Ponyville is standing with a dropped jaw, unable to believe it.

Uncomfortable with the situation you pick up Fluffle Puff and turn to Chrysalis, “Well Chrysalis, prepare the washtub. You and I are doing this as a team.”

Chrysalis is only here for the free love, “Can’t we just pass her off to the others?”

You respond in a scolding tone, “No Chrysalis. She’s far too small to be bathed in those huge tubs at the spa, this will require personal attention. Besides, you are the only one that can get Fluffle Puff to bathe.”

Chrysalis sighs in defeat and magical summons a large washtub. The weather team pours you some hot water from a cloud before you can add the bubblebath. Not wanting to waste water, you get Chrysalis to put Fluffle in anyway. Immediately Fluffle absorbs the water like a sponge and become a giant ball of wet fluff. The bath water however essentially turns to mud. You can’t believe any part of this, “How much dirt was in her fur!?” If a dust storm really did sweep over the entire fluffy pony community then Celestia wasn’t exaggerating about this job being equivalent to Winter Wrap Up.

You pick up the little foal, which is much, MUCH harder than it sounds. With all that water in her fur she weighs at least three times more. You pour out the muddy bath water and comb the obvious dirt out of Fluffle’s coat. This time you add some off Twilight’s bubblebath formula to the tub before asking the weather teams for a refill. Apparently they are getting that request a lot because it takes a while for them to arrive. Once you finally have Fluffle in the bath properly, you think of how you are going to do this.

Your normal strategy is useless here, so after a moment of thinking, you throw Chrysalis a whole, unopened bottle of shampoo, and get another for yourself. “Chrysalis start at her… tail? I guess, and work your way to the head. I’ll start at the head and work my way to the tail. Between the two of us, we should be able to do this.”

You start to pour some shampoo into your hand, but realizing the futility you just pour the whole bottle over the little pink pony. You get out the softest brush you have; you’re going to need to scrub hard, so you make sure the brush won’t hurt her. As you start brushing, you try to figure out where her body is under all that fluff, you want to scrub all the way down to the… is it still called a scalp in this case? Either way, you brush as much as you can.

On her end, Chrysalis is magically blasting Fluffle Puff with Shampoo like it was a pressure washer, churning it into her wooly fluffy fur with power like a whirlpool. You scold Chrysalis for being rough, but Fluffle Puff really doesn’t seem to mind. In fact, the whole time Fluffle Puff is merely amazed at the sight of a bubble, brokenhearted when it pops, and forgets about it completely when she sees a new bubble, and is completely mesmerized all over again.

You both continue your style of cleaning until each of you is where the other one started. You are slightly surprised that Chrysalis was careful enough not to get any soap in Fluffle Puff’s eyes. You step back to admire your work, and are slightly terrified at the pony you see.

Or more specifically, don’t see. What you are seeing is a washtub with a fountain of suds pouring out half as tall as you are. You know Fluffle Puff is under all that because you can occasionally hear her gasp with excitement every time she sees another bubble, which happens frequently.

With the scrubbing finished, Chrysalis magically lifts Fluffle Puff out of the bath and sets her on a nice clean spot (You assume that’s what happened, you can’t actually see Fluffle Puff to make sure). Once the weather team finally gets around to you, they let loose a waterfall of hot water at point-blank-range to clean out all the suds completely. Now rinsed, Fluffle Puff has straight pink flowing hair covering her whole body several times over. This hair style might have looked good on her if you could actually see her.

You walk over to ask her how she’s feeling, but Chrysalis tells you that you are talking to her right side before directing you to where her head is. You don’t know how she can tell. You get out a manedryer and begin drying the little one. This part is actually pretty relaxing, until you notice Chrysalis getting to a safe distance. You realize way too late, as Fluffle Puff’s fur, now dried, explodes back to its normal puffy state. Fluffle Puff is so happy she wants to hug you, if she can find you. Chrysalis helps pull you out of the fluff and even asks if you are ok. “It was so fluffy I thought I was going to die!”

Chrysalis smiles, “Well at least you’re both alright. Just don’t pet her for a while.”

You frown, “But she deserves to be petted. Why not?”

Fluffle Puff hiccups, and the sheer static friction in all that fur shoots out a thunderbolt that fries a nearby apple tree. You faint as Chrysalis answers, “That’s why.”

Author's Note:

Fluffle Puff is very hard to provide a good link to. No one place accurately portrays her. So I reluctantly Linked you to various videos of her. Sorry.

Her Original creator, as well as the source of all Fluffy Ponies however, can be credited to Mixermike622 from Deviantart.

I considered calling this chapter, "Fluffle Puff, (Co-op with everypony!)" to stress how big a job this was going to be, but I know not everypony would like that. And While Chrysalis helped the most, everypony did their job, it wouldn't be fair to only mention her. Hence, Fluffle Puff it is.

Well everypony, I'm tired. I'll continue this series, I hope to do Corona from the Lunaverse someday, but not now. I am an editor you know, and I think I go edit some other peoples' stories for a while, it relaxes me. On another note, I'm not really up to speed on many OCs but I always take requests if possible. However, if you follow the link to my other story you will see I've already bathed A LOT a ponies, so make sure it's one I haven't done already. Momentine (it means take it easy).

Oh yeah, Click here to recommend somepony if you want.