• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 2,824 Views, 21 Comments

Angel of Friendship - 2K Chrome



The backstory of how Fluttershy and Angel met is revealed.

  • ...
2
 21
 2,824

The Fiery Meeting

“What a beautiful day,” Fluttershy stated.

And it was just that. The sun was shining bright in the afternoon sky, sharing a pleasant warmth to the land below. A gentle breeze rolled over the grass and through the yellow Pegasus’s long mane. The flowers were just in bloom, a large array of colorful petals sprinkled along the meadow ground. One could not ask for a better day for a picnic.

Fluttershy spread out a checkered blanket over the grass as her bunny, Angel, began to take plates out of the basket. A moment of silence passed before the mare began to speak again.

“I hope Mr. and Mrs. Cake aren’t too angry with me. I would have loved to take care of Pound Cake and Carrot Cake for them, but…” the Pegasus started before Angel shot her a displeased glare. He had planned for this magnificent picnic the entire week, and he would not lose it just to take care of two newborns on short notice.

“…but this picnic is more important,” Fluttershy ended, earning a small grin from her bunny before he continued spreading the home-made meals. Each food that was brought out came with a new fragrance that added to the sweet scent of the meadow. The bunny’s cooking skills could match those of the greatest chefs in Equestria.

Fluttershy took an appreciative look at the food and over her surroundings. Her stomach let out a quiet growl as the daisy sandwiches were brought into sight. Ignoring her belly’s pleas, she averted her gaze to the nature around. Everything was so happy and full of life. Everything but one scorched branch lying idly on the grass. It was, of course, completely out of place compared to the energy of the grass, trees, and overall nature in the area. It would have been moved, but at Fluttershy’s request, it remained. It turns out, even something as negligible as a burnt branch could mean so much to somepony.

“I always love when we take our picnics here. You still remember what happened here, right Angel?” the Pegasus muttered.

The white bunny couldn’t help but put a wide smile on his face. He loved this picnic spot as well. Tree saplings were growing along the ground, still young after being planted just a few years back. He could still recall a time when this entire area was covered by towering trees. The saplings and the burnt log were the only clues that remained of such a time. Other than being a wonderful picnic spot, this meadow held so much more. Fluttershy and Angel shared a peaceful moment together as the memories came flooding back.

~~~

“Are you sure you want to stay here Fluttershy? It’s not exactly a five-star hotel here,” declared Rainbow Dash. “You know they say this place isn’t safe. A lot of strange things happen around here.” The mere fact that she was walking through the Everfree Forest made the cyan Pegasus shudder. She couldn’t possibly understand how her friend managed to find a great liking to the place.

“Oh Rainbow, I’m glad to see that you care so much for me, but I have made up my mind. I am staying down here, on ground,” Fluttershy responded. “This is my heaven, my home that I always wanted, even if I didn’t know about it. This place is a paradise for me.”

“But why Fluttershy? Why not come back with me to Cloudsdale? I need you.” As much as Rainbow cared for Fluttershy’s well-being, she couldn’t stand having to lose the only real friend she had. Whenever the three bully Pegasi tormented her, she always had Fluttershy to turn to. Although the yellow Pegasus also took the role of victim to the bullies, she always managed to keep a cool head. It wasn’t quite the same with Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy always found a way to coax her egotistical friend. But with her best friend gone, Rainbow didn’t know what she would do.

“I would love to come back with you Rainbow, honest, I do. But there is just something better for me with all the animals that live here. It’s like I can communicate with the creatures here on a whole different level. I can interact with them better than I can with other ponies. I feel as though this place holds my true calling. You understand, right Rainbow?” reasoned Fluttershy.

“Well, as you make new friends here, what about me? What about all those ‘Rainbow Crash’ jokes? Fluttershy, aren’t we best friends forever?” Tears formed in the rainbow-maned Pegasus’s eyes. Her heart was breaking as the loss of her friend seemed to be inevitable. Her friend answered with a whimper at those touching words.

“Rainbow…” Fluttershy gave a warm hug to her friend. No doubt Rainbow would have a much harder time than Fluttershy would. “We are best friends forever. And I promise I’ll visit Cloudsdale as often as I can. But as you can see…”

The two Pegasi reached a clearing in the forest. The sun shined brightly in this area of the forest. Squirrels searched among the grass in search of scrumptious nuts and acorns. Rabbit heads poked out of burrows in the ground. Birds chirped cheerfully in their nests, high in the old trees. The yellow Pegasus glided loftily towards the center of the clearing. The animals joyfully accepted the newcomer and rubbed their furry coats against hers. Birds flew out of their nests and landed around the mare, some of them in her mane.

“How could I ever leave all these loving adorable animals?” spoke Fluttershy softly, petting a rabbit’s head.

Rainbow Dash simply marveled at her friend. She had never seen Fluttershy be so happy, so at peace with herself. Not only had Fluttershy accepted the animals to be her friends, the animals accepted her as a friend as well. The way the creatures took her so adoringly, the yellow mare may as well have been Mother Nature herself.

“I-I can see why you would want to stay. And I guess I really don’t have the right to take you away from here,” Rainbow said glumly. There was no point in ruining perfection, and Fluttershy and nature looked to be the perfect match.

“Thanks for understanding, Rainbow.” The mare slowly stood back up, lightly nudging the animals to go back to what they were doing. In front of her best friend, Fluttershy laid a reassuring hoof on her shoulder.

“I’ll visit you from time. But for now, this is my new home,” explained Fluttershy.

With no other response finding her tongue, “You promise?” Rainbow inquired.

“I promise.” The two friends shared a long hug together before their departure.

“See you around Fluttershy!” Rainbow exclaimed as she took to the air. Fluttershy waved her hoof as she watched her friend fly off into the distance.

The yellow Pegasus took another gaze at the clearing. Everything was still now, save a few rustling leaves and the occasional squirrel passing by. Fluttershy rubbed her eyes and let out a yawn. She cozied herself onto the soft grass.

“A short nap would be nice. Then it’s right back to the cottage…” the mare said to herself before the warn sunlight finally lulled her to sleep.

~~~

A cold shiver ran through Fluttershy’s body. Her eyes slid open to see dark shadows all around her. She rubbed the weariness from her eyes and looked to the sky. The moon was completely covered by dark, ominous rainclouds. With no light, Fluttershy found herself completely enveloped in darkness. A brisk gust of wind caused her body to quiver.

“Oh my, I guess my nap took a little bit longer than I wanted…” the Pegasus muttered to herself. A drop of water splashed onto her head and slowly trickled down the side of her face. “I better get on going home before it starts pouring.”

She picked herself off the grass and stretched out her wings. They began to flap slowly and picked her body gracefully off the ground. A quick streak of light of light flashed out of the corner of her eye. The mare snapped her head towards the direction of the light.

“H-hello?” Fluttershy called out timidly.

A loud crash of thunder answered her call. The booming roar frightened the poor mare and she soon found herself back on the ground. After her heart finally returned to its normal pace, the Pegasus made another attempt at flight. Unfortunately, her wings seemed to have glued themselves to her body from the shock. Even with all of her might, the wings simply refused to pull back out.

“I guess walking is fine too,” she mumbled as she began her trot to her cottage.

Every moment that Fluttershy traveled was another terrifying moment for her. She had never been in the forest after dark, and for the first time, she could see why everypony thought it was so scary. She was both chasing and being followed by shadows, their never-ending blackness always enshrouding her. Only a few yards around her was all she could see. Every sound seemed like some predator chasing her down. She would’ve done anything for some light, some way to escape the dreadful night. All of a sudden, up ahead of her, Fluttershy spotted a white ball, clear through the dark surroundings.

As she approached, she realized that it was not a ball she had found, but a little bunny with a coat of purest white. All white, except for a strip across its back. The bunny was particularly tiny, seeming to be very young. It just stood there, unnerved as the Pegasus advanced.

“Why, hello there little bunny rabbit,” Fluttershy said soothingly. She gently stroked it until she suddenly found her hoof covered in liquid. It was too thick to be water and had a coppery smell to it. Upon further inspection, Fluttershy espied a small cut running down the bunny’s back, dripping a small amount of blood.

“Oh no, you’re hurt,” Fluttershy told the little rabbit. If it had not been so dark, she would have seen the ‘You don’t say?’ face appear on the rabbit. “Please, if you don’t mind, come with me to my home. I have just the thing for a cut like this,” she said tenderly.

The rabbit shook his head, declining the notion. He did not want to go with a random pony just to go and heal something as trivial as a cut.

A frown appeared on Fluttershy’s face. “Please? I know a cut doesn’t seem like much, but for all we know, it could be infected.” The white rabbit still did not seem persuaded. “And it’s going to rain so soon. Wouldn’t you like to spend the night inside, by a nice warm fire?”

A strong, chilly gale passed through at that exact moment, causing the rabbit to shiver. He hoped that the cover of the darkness hid his shudder. Waving a white paw and turning away from the pony, he waited silently for the pony to leave.

But Fluttershy remained as persistent as ever. She leaned ever closer to the bunny, her face becoming level to his. “I’m doing this for your best interests little bunny. I don’t want you to go through any more pain. And I would love to have some company tonight,” the Pegasus pleaded.

The bunny turned his head slightly to deny the mare, only to find a pair of large teal eyes begging him to come with her. The look on those eyes would have made even the cruelest dragon’s heart melt in elation. Nothing could have simply ignored the adorable look that emanated from the Pegasus. After a sigh, he hesitantly nodded in agreement to go with the mare.

“Yay! You won’t regret it little bunny,” Fluttershy exclaimed joyously. “If you please, come on this way. My house isn’t too far from here.”

As the white bunny scampered across the ground next to the yellow mare, a drop of rain landed on his head. And another. And another. Soon enough, both he and Fluttershy were drenched. The mare said something, but her voice became inaudible as the wind started to pick up. The bunny merely shrugged and continued the journey to the Pegasus’s home.

Lightning cracked high in the sky. Waves of thunder sounded throughout the forest. The white rabbit ignored the processes around him, the only real issue coming from the slippery mud below. He didn’t even notice his companion was gone until he was a good hundred yards from her.

The bunny stopped and turned around to see the Pegasus’s head poking out of a trembling bush. He tapped his foot impatiently until Fluttershy started to walk over. Lightning and thunder were no laughing matter with her.

“I’m sorry,” said Fluttershy quietly. As she neared, she heard a loud cracking from above. Her head immediately shot up to see a lightning bolt flash to reveal a falling branch. Back on the ground, the bunny stood still, stunned by the branch that was about to crush him.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion for Fluttershy. Her heart began to race, pounding hard against her chest as she dashed towards the bunny. Her wings decided it would be a good time to come free, and spread wide over their owner’s body. Fluttershy lifted herself off the ground and streaked as fast as she could. Feeling her lungs burning with every jagged breath, she forced herself through the biting gale of the opposing wind. Fluttershy knew this strain would probably take a toll on her body, but she felt that every life was worth protecting. Even this little bunny's.

Watching the branch inching closer and closer to the little bunny, her mind filled itself with doubt. The doubt that she wouldn’t make it before the branch took its victim. The rabbit seemed to have lost all control of his body, unable to move himself away from the branch’s trajectory. As the branch dangerously neared the bunny, threatening to crush his snow-white head, Fluttershy pushed the small critter to safety. .

The little bunny tumbled across the wet ground as he heard a loud shriek pierce the night air. Stars out of his eyes, he looked back at where he was previously standing to see the Pegasus trapped under the fallen log. He scuttled over to see both of the pony’s hindlegs stuck under the stick. Small droplets of crimson red blood dripped lazily out of the small wound the log created. The mare squirmed and twisted to try and get onto her back to move the branch, but alas, she was pinned down on her stomach.

Worry and guilt filled the bunny’s mind. There he was, standing perfectly fine thanks to this Pegasus, while she lay trapped helplessly under a log. He was certainly too small to lift the log all on his own. He looked at Fluttershy and saw an expression full of pain, and watched her mouth the words “Help me”.

The little bunny knew that there was nothing he could do on his own. Not only his size, but his strength made him completely useless in the situation. Without another moment's hesitation, he started his way towards Ponyville. He knew the small equine settlement, for he had scuttled through the town’s streets once before and ended up with a large carrot at the end of the day. Hopefully, somepony would be there to help with his. But as he started to walk away, Fluttershy yelled out in a pained voice that bordered fear.

“Wait! Where are you going?” A hurt look was on her face. "Please, don't leave me here!" The bunny gritted his teeth in frustration and a pang of guilt. He couldn't waste any time trying to explain to her that he would be out there looking for help. He couldn't even look back to reassure her.

The raindrops on Fluttershy’s face mixed in with the salty tears pouring from her eyes. Her heart raced as each breath intake brought a jagged pain in her chest. She whimpered helplessly amongst the dirt. She had just been left alone to die. In the pouring rain. Right after saving the bunny’s life. She lied down on the wet Earth to accept her fate until a burst of light came from over her head.

~~~

At the edge of the Everfree Forest, a white bunny emerged, covered in rainwater and mud. Off in the distance, lights of pony houses shone brightly in the darkness of the night. The rain was beginning to stop, but he quivered from the cold air that remained. He darted off again to find assistance, but stopped when another crack of lightning flashed behind him.

Not only was this streak accompanied by the sound of rolling thunder, but a loud cracking as well. The rabbit looked behind him to see a roaring fire blazing atop a couple of trees. He caught a good glimpse of the inferno before the tree ultimately fell to the ground below. He bit his lip nervously, praying that his savior was nowhere near the fire.

However, there was no time to waste. No matter what, that fire would find a way to spread. The recent downpour would halt the flame slightly, but with all the flora that clumped together in the forest, any fire would eventually spread like butter on a pan.

Not losing a moment’s notice, the rabbit dashed off towards Ponyville. Sliding across the waterlogged streets, he looked left and right to find somepony, anypony. But the streets were barren of any ponies, all of them enjoying the warmth of their bed in their cozy homes.

The bunny quickly rushed to a door and began to pound on it with his tiny paws. But it was no use, his knocks were barely audible as his white paws made contact with the wood. He could have sworn his own heartbeat was louder than the beats his paws were making. If it pumped any harder, it might have just burst from his chest. Matching the pace of his heart, the rabbit darted to the other houses, slamming his paws on the doors as hard as he could.

It was still no use. The homeowners simply would not wake up from their slumber. Everypony was inside, either already in bed or preparing for rest. It was hopeless. He might as well have just walked to his burrow and completely forget about the mare. But the distressed look on her face, the way the two teal eyes begged for help, he couldn’t simply leave her behind. However, he was just a cute little bunny. What could he do? His ears drooped and silently wept to himself on the cold, wet stone.

“I didn’t realize how gray everything was at night!”

The bunny lifted his head to see a young pink mare standing in the middle of the street. His heard skipped a beat at this new opportunity. He wasted no time and hopped right in front of the pink mare.

“Oh! Hey little guy! My name is Pinkie Pie, what’s yours?” the mare said.

The rabbit acted several different scenes to try to explain to the mare that somepony was in trouble. Laying on the ground, he flailed his arms about, trying to show Fluttershy’s pinned position. Using his arms, he traced the figure of a tree before waving it away.

The pink mare stood still, watching the frantic bunny wave his little arms in awe. Once the bunny stopped to rest for a moment, Pinkie Pie had her cue.

“What are you trying to tell me? OH! OH! You wanna play a game? Oh, I love playing games! How about hopscotch? Or chess- no, no no. That's boring. OH! Bingo! Let's play bingo! Please say Bingo! Please say Bingo!” She exclaimed in a joyful tone, blissfully unaware of the message the bunny tried to convey to her.

The white bunny smacked his own head with his paw in frustration. He looked around to try to find something that would help him tell the silly pony that he needed immediate assistance. Finally, he ran up to her forehooves and smacked them quickly with his foot, grabbing her attention once more. He then proceeded to run around the mare as fast as he could. Pinkie watched in confusion at first, but then a small grin formed on her lips.

"That's it! Tag! You wanna play tag!" The moment those words made sense in the little rabbit's brain, his eyes widened. He knew it wasn't exactly what he intended, but it would have to do. With a quick jump, he smacked his foot against her cheek and took off running towards the Everfree Forest.

“Oh! Tag it is! Don’t think you can get away from me!” Pinkie yelled, chasing after her new friend. The rabbit smiled to himself as he looked behind to see the Earth pony hopping merrily after him.

His lungs were screaming in his chest as the rabbit approached the forest. He had managed to cunningly evade the pink mare up to this point. But nothing could have stalled him more than what he saw when he reached the edge of the forest.

All along the horizon, flames were sprouting from the plants and ground. With every new spark, the inferno grew ever more. If the yellow Pegasus was still alive, it would be a miracle.

“AHA! Gotcha!" She said, gently touching the paralyzed bunny's head with her forehoof. "Now it’s your turn to chase…” Pinkie's words trailed off as her eyes caught the glimpse of the fire in the distance. Pinkie let out a sharp gasp; never having seen such a large fire in her entire life. Her body froze in shock as she watched the flames lick at the earth and the canopy viciously.

“Oh my gosh! I have to go get help!” the mare shouted. She was about to take off back to town before something tugged on her tail. She turned to see the white bunny pointing into the inferno. He scampered away, waving a paw beckoning her to follow.

Pinkie Pie bit her lip. No, this wasn’t fun at all. The rabbit looked like he really needed her right now, but the more she stalled, the more the fire would spread. And if she went back to Ponyville instead, she might not be able to return to help the bunny. She switched her gaze between the bunny’s begging eyes and the town close by. The inability to make a decision brought the confused mare on the verge of tears. Her head spinning, Pinkie reluctantly made up her mind.

The bunny watched feebly as his only hope began to gallop away.

“I’m sorry little guy!” Pinkie yelled out. “I promise I’ll return as fast as I can with more help! Make that a Pinkie Promise!”

The bunny couldn’t believe his eyes. His last ray of shining hope was darting off into the night. He realized just how helpless the Pegasus felt when he darted away from her. The Pegasus. He looked deep into the blaze. Somewhere in that fire, a pony was in dire need of aid. The rabbit took in a deep breath and jumped into the fire.

Searing-hot waves of yellow and orange danced along the ground all around him. Deafening cracks penetrated his eardrums as he pushed swiftly deeper and deeper into the burning forest. Smoke began to fill his little lungs, causing him to feel dazed. Even with all of this around him, he remained focused on his mission. To find the pony that saved his life. Forcing his body with everything he was able to muster, he scurried around the flames in search of his savior.

He hadn’t taken the fact seriously until that moment. A pony. A pony that he had never even met before, risked her life just to save one as petty as his own. And how did he return the favor? He simply forced her to wait stuck under a branch until his return. All sense of hope gone, she must have been heartbroken. He swallowed a lump in his throat at the thought of the misery and pain the mare must have felt at that moment.

As he retraced his steps, he caught a glimpse of soft pink amongst the yellow and orange flames. His eyes widened as he approached. There she was, perfectly fine. Shivering terribly and hooves covering her face in fright, but no burns.

The white rabbit delicately placed a paw onto her mane. Fluttershy let out a sharp shriek at the sudden touch, but calmed down again when she saw it was her animal friend. Tears welled into her eyes, staining her coat to a darker tone wherever those fell.

“You... you came back,” were the only words she uttered. A torched branch came toppling down dangerously close to the two. The rabbit coughed out a large puff of smoke as the blazing wood fell to the forest ground. He rubbed the ashes around his eyes and took his spot next to Fluttershy, hugging her head.

“Please, you have to go,” whispered Fluttershy, gently inching the bunny away from herself with her head. A small outburst of coughing passed before she spoke again. “Don’t worry about me. Things don’t look too well for me anyway, you should at least go and save yourself.”

The mare answered by trying to push the animal away with her hoof this time. “No. Please, I beg you. Just leave me here. I can’t stand to see you having to suffer with me,” Fluttershy begged, but the adamant bunny remained still. With tears once again streaming down her eyes, she began to start hitting the little animal trying to force him away from her... away from his demise. The rabbit took on every hit, each one having more force than the previous, but still he hung on.

But as stubborn as the Pegasus was being, the bunny remained just as defiant. He scurried back onto her mane and clutched it tighter than before. A determined look appeared on his face. Tears were now pouring freely from the mare's eyes once more.

“I promise I’ll be okay. As long as I know that you’re safe,” Fluttershy stated, trying to persuade the rabbit once more. The bunny gave her a look, a look that said that he would never leave her side.

The yellow mare wiped a tear from her eye and let out a small smile. “Al-Alright,” she stuttered. “You win. We-we’re in this together.” Fluttershy choked on her words. She was scared right down to the last fiber of her being, but it all seemed to get better, knowing that she had a friend that wouldn’t leave her side. A friend that would stick with her until the very end. And the bunny had no intentions of going anywhere. Let his body burn amongst the wildlife, he thought. Nothing could separate him from the mare.

The minutes dragged on like hours. It was becoming steadily harder to breathe, and the heat was becoming unbearable. It was like a fiery hell that came up into Equestria. Fire was coming closer in from every direction. The bunny’s vision began to twist and blur, darkening on the edges. Pure exhaustion of a night full of stress were beginning to take its toll. His head lolled around for a moment before he finally collapsed on the ground.

“B- Bunny...?” Fluttershy nudged its limp body with her hoof. Seeing that small bunny collapse right before her made her silently sob. It only added to her panic that the rabbit's breathing rate was increasing further and further. But Fluttershy fared no better; soon enough, her vision was blurring as well. Desperately trying to remain focused, she shook her head, but it was to no avail. The ever-lasting heat seemed to numb her senses completely. Her tongue tasted solely of ash and soot. One last look around, all she could see were flames flickering about. Accepting her fate, she closed her eyes to end this nightmare permanently. She nuzzled the hyperventilating bunny and allowed a single tear to escape from her eyes. The salty tear drifted through the fur over her cheek and landed on the small bunny's forehead.

"It's... okay...", she said, each word making her conscience dim, "we're... going... to... be. . ." was all she could manage before she allowed the darkness to embrace her completely.

She felt whole, but incomplete at the same time. The sensation of weightlessness mixed with her numbed body set a strange calmness over her. “It's over now... Finally... over…”

At the moment Fluttershy felt herself as light as dust, a loud noise brought her back to her senses.

“Somepony get me some more water!”

“Get the foals away from here!”

“The Emergency Rain Brigade is supposed to arrive in five minutes!”

“H-help!” Fluttershy called out. The simple act of talking seemed to use up what little energy she had left. “Help us…”

“Hay! Over here! Bring the buckets over here!”

Fluttershy’s head dropped to the steaming earth. Darkness was creeping along her eyes. “Help…” she uttered before exhaustion finally took her. The last image she saw being a shadow rushing towards her.

~~~

“Hello? Are you up yet? When do you think she’s going to wake up? I hope it’s soon. Hay, want to play tag again?”

Fluttershy let out a yawn and stretched out her legs. Her eyes glazed open to find a pair of cyan eyes right in front of hers.

“Oh, you’re awake! Hiya!”

A short gasp escaped her lips as her eyes popped wide.

“Oh my, you startled me,” mumbled the yellow Pegasus.

“What, startle? Me? No, I don’t like startling ponies. I like surprises more! Surprise!” exclaimed a peppy Pinkie Pie.

Fluttershy observed the room she found herself in. She was laying a cozy bed in a simple white room with some monitors nearby. The only others in the room were the talkative pink mare and white bunny, its perfect coat ruined by dark scorch marks.

“Excuse me, but can you tell me where I am?” Fluttershy asked.

“You’re in the hospital of course! We found you stuck under a branch in the Everfree Forest. Good thing, too, otherwise who knows what might’ve happened! Don’t you know it’s dangerous to take a stroll in a forest fire?”

“I guess I forgot,” smiled Fluttershy sheepishly.

“My name is Pinkie Pie by the way.”

“Hello, my name is Fluttershy. I hope you don’t mind, but, would you mind telling me how you found me? I mean, the forest is so large…”

“Ooh! Here’s a good story. Well you see, I have this thing that I like to call my Pinkie Sense. And for some reason last night, it wouldn’t let me fall asleep. So I took a stroll through Ponyville until I saw this little guy,” Pinkie explained, pointing towards the rabbit, “so we started playing tag. We ran all the way to the Everfree before I could tag him. He’s really fast! Oh and did you ever notice how gray Ponyville is at night?”

Fluttershy responded with a confused turn of her head. She wanted to get back to the main points of the story, but she didn’t want to interject either.

“Oh, sorry, got carried away. Anyways, I went to the Everfree and then I saw this huge fire! I mean, it was massive! Mr. Bunny wanted me to follow him inside, but I had to warn the town of the fire before it got out of hoof. So I dashed back as fast as I could, yelling how the forest was being eaten by fire. So the entire town gathered their buckets and started putting out the fire. But I knew, somewhere in the forest, the bunny was still inside. So I used my Pinkie Sense to track him down and I found him lying next to you. I took you both to this hospital and waited until you woke up. Then, I started explaining how I found buried treasure deep in the caves of Hoofululu to you.”

Fluttershy opened her mouth to question her, but decided against it. A pony like her didn’t seem to have much reason to whatever she did.

“Thank you for all your trouble,” Fluttershy chose to say.

“Don’t thank me, thank Mr. Bunny,” Pinkie said, pointing towards the waving rabbit. “If it wasn’t for him, I would never have found you. He’s like… like… your very own guardian angel!”

“My own angel…” whispered Fluttershy. The white bunny ran up and rubbed his soft head against the Pegasus’s cheek. He had done everything he could to save her. Through the tortures of roaring flames, he stood firmly by her side, even after being shooed away. He kept her company, right down to the very end.

~~~

Fluttershy and her pet saved a moment to share a hug at the fond memories. From that day onward, that little bunny cared for her just as much as she cared for him. It was strange to know such a small creature made such a large impact on her life. One log was all it took to bring them together. She looked down into his snow white face, beaming up at hers. She cherished that look to the ends of time.

It was so fitting for him to have such a name.

“My little Angel.”

Comments ( 21 )

Success. I request Angle emoticon. NOW:twilightangry2:

Wow, I hope someone reads my story before they get to yours, that's the only way I'd beat this story

How am i supposed beat this! It cant be done!
this is great, it was so sweet and so sad at the same time! if this dose not win any top 3 I will be really mad..

Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap,

Take it. Take my vote and all of my D'awwww. :fluttercry:

Five. Seconds. Flat! :rainbowdetermined2:

Stalin is pleased. Stalin is happy to see such comprehensive, detailed descriptions. Stalin defenetely likes your writing style.
While some characters are slightly of character (Rainbow Dash's "I need you" for example) the story is well-put and fancinating. Stalin is looking forward to see the continuation of the story. You have recieved Stalin's Mark of approval, pioneer. Keep the good work.

:moustache: Stalin command you to dance!

So... Based on that one comic with the Diamond Dog and Angel's dead mother? :applecry:

Tracking. Will read later.

D'awwwwwww. :pinkiehappy:

That was pretty cute and pretty well written, you get a hoofs-up from me.

That being said, I think you could have gotten some more interesting story out by touching on why Angel has such a bad attitude at times.

Still, good work overall, keep it up! :twilightsmile:

Even the Fury of the Tempest sheds tears when reading this story.

I actually enjoyed this story, and I felt it high quality enough to add to our group's archive, High Quality Fictions You are welcome to join.

As Stalin suggested, Rainbow Dash seems a little bit off, but despite this little quirk, it's a very solid fic. I don't know why I felt so sad reading it, but fortunately it ended with a happy end. :twilightsmile:

PS. In "Putting Your Hoof Down" Angel Bunny was portrayed like la little dick. I like your version of him so much better. :raritywink:

This was a very touching origin story I approve.

I loved this story.

Definitely in my top fanfics. It is such a beautiful story (should be canon ^^)
Just, read it if you are reading this. It is perfect. :yay:

ڿڰۣ---

I don't have a whole lot to say about this story other than that it is horribly mis-tagged. I cannot think of any interpretation of this story that would make it a tragedy. A tragedy is a story in which the protagonist ultimately fails at whatever they were attempting to achieve, be it survival or some other goal. Angel and Fluttershy not only survive, but the experience makes them close friends. This is pretty much the reverse of a tragedy.

The only part of the narrative that seems dubious to me is the part where Pinkie says she used her pinkie sense to precisely locate Angel, but I can see where this would come from given that she did seem to be inexplicably aware of the locations involved in her predictions (such as froggy bottom bog) during "Feeling Pinkie Keen". There are a few technical issues with the prose, (Things like "She lied down on the wet Earth" instead of "She lay down on the wet earth") but I can generally overlook those as long as the intent is fairly obvious.

Anyway, this isn't my favorite story on this site, nor is it quite what I expected from a group called "High Quality Fictions", but it is a nice origin story that I think makes an acceptable canon.

Man, that is a very nice story!

Amazing. Simply amazing. I consider this a work of art. One of the best fanfics I've ever read.

Login or register to comment