• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 7,846 Views, 235 Comments

How I Became Rainbow Dash - Lt Rainbow Slash



My name's Rainbow Dash and it has been three years since I became a pony (yes, originally I was human). I get asked 'How?' a gazillion times a day so I wrote this. Now stop reading the description and get on with it already

  • ...
24
 235
 7,846

Chapter 4: Well that was weird

CHAPTER 4: WELL THAT WAS WEIRD
CLOUDSDALE ELEMENTARY NO.3
CLOUDSDALE, EQUESTRIA
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 1995
10:37 AM MST

"You are all coming to the principals office with me, NOW!"

"Yes Ms. Rain" The bullies and I replied, JEEEEZ. I've never had a temper like that! Only when Austin REALLY pisses me off!

We walked towards the office following Ms. Rain. Hoops and Dumbbell walked on the other side of her, Hoops was stoping to rub his head every little while.

HEHE. I hope you have headaches for a while you bastard!

When we arrived at the principal's office, Ms. Rain put the three of us in seats on opposite sides of the waiting room, and went to converse with the principal. I rubbed my face and felt a dull pain when I pushed on my right cheekbone.

Oh yea. Dumbbell bucked me in the fight. If that was a real horse I would be dead right now. Either that or this body has bones that are ten times stronger than Human bones. Actually no. This is a dream, therefore I can't be hurt.

Ms. Rain walked out and told us it was our turn. I walked in first followed by you-know-who. When I got inside the office I saw a grey, brown maned pegasus with a paper covered in writing as a cutie mark. I sat down and waited for the two bullies. When they were sitting down the principal spoke.

"Ms. Rainbow Dash, Mr. Hoops, Mr. Dumbbell. It has been brought to my attention that you three were involved in a fight a few minutes ago. I'm going to ask each of you to present your point of view. Ms. Dash you go first."

"Well, they were using a straw to shoot spitballs at me and other students in the class, they hit me twice so I told them to stop, so instead they shot my friend Fluttershy. She is so nice and innocent I couldn't let them just do that. I sorta lost control and jumped Hoops, hit him a few times then Dumbbell bucked me across the room, then Ms. Rain got in between us and stopped us."

"MMMMHMM. Thank you Ms. Dash. Hoops your turn."

Hoops explained what had happened, but changed one minor detail. He said they hadn't been doing anything.

"You're lying!" I spat. "You were shooting spitballs! Just ask anyone in the class!"

"Thank you Rainbow but we will determine if he is lying after we hear from Dumbbell."

Dumbbell then said the same thing, making it look like I had attacked unprovoked! When he finished he said that hoops and dumbbell could expect two days detention for an hour after school and me one, and if Hoops was telling the truth I could expect an entire week.

After that we were sent back to our classroom. I got there and I went and sat back next to Flutters.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you after class, K?"

"OK Rainbow."

*************************************************

2:30 PM

After class my Mom showed up to get me. As we walked home I told her about the fight and what else the teacher had said while I was actually listening. When we got home I sat down on my bed to think. I was beginning to doubt that this was 'just a dream', it felt so real.

But if this is real, HOW?! It's just not possible. Did every one turn into ponies and Vancouver turn into a cloud city? No way. Am I in another dimension or something? The only logical explanation is that this is a dream. Ungh I'm bored!

I headed back downstairs and decided to go hang with Fluttershy, I didn't have anything better to do. I told my Mom and trotted towards Flutters house. She had told me which one it was after class at school. I got there and knocked (More like thumped. It's a cloud) on the door.

"Oh, hello Rainbow Dash" came a small peep out of the mail slit. The door opened and I saw Fluttershy.

"Hey Fluttershy! You wanna hang?" I asked.

"Sure Rainbow. What do you want to do?"

"I was thinking we get to know each other better."

"OK"

We walked towards the park talking about ourselves, not that I had much to tell her having become a pony only three days ago. I did learn that Fluttershy was afraid of heights which was strange as she is a pegasus (I'm not afraid of anything!).

After walking and talking for a few hours I had to head home, so Fluttershy and I went our separate ways. I got back to find dinner ready, more specifically my favourite type of salad, iceberg lettuce and cucumbers with tomatoes (It may be a little plain but oh yum!). After dinner I when to my room to play with my Wonderbolts toys. Then my Mom came and tucked me in.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

**************************************************

A YEAR LATER
MY HOUSE
CLOUDSDALE, EQUESTRIA
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 1996
8:37 PM CST

WOW. This is no dream. An entire year, it's been a YEAR since this all started. I guess I'm never gonna see my human family again. And my birthday is in two days.

I had gone through a year as a pony. I finally accepted that this wasn't a dream. How could it be? On the bright side, I had a new life that was way better than my crappy human life, although I did miss my family.

I wonder what happened to my body on Earth? Did it just disappear or did it go into a coma? Oh man, so many questions but no way to answer any of them.

That was my last thought as I drifted off to sleep.

**************************************************

MY HOUSE
GREATER VANCOUVER, B.C, CANADA
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
7:30 PM PDT

*CRINK*

"Cooper? Time to wake up!"

"K Mom one sec"

Geez, I feel more tired than usual.......WAIT....SHE CALLED ME COOPER!

My eyes shot open and I looked around. I was in my bedroom back on earth. I looked at myself. I saw a lanky 14 year old's body and it happened to be my human one.

HOLY SHIT! I GUESS IT WAS A DREAM AFTER ALL!

I got up and put on my t-shirt and shorts and headed downstairs to the kitchen, almost falling over a couple times.

Got to get used to walking on two legs again! This feels so weird!

I see my mom as I enter the kitchen and I immediately give her a big hug. A look of confusion comes over her face.

"Bad dream" is all I say. Actually great dream but I'm not gonna tell her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did you sleep?"

"Ya, great actually"

I sit down to eat some cereal and go through my regular before school routine.

Shit. School was a cake walk back in Cloudsdale. But thats because it's kindergarden. Back to Grade 8 Math. SOOOOOOOO hard.

I had never been good at math, always barely scraping through with a C or C-. When I got to school I went to my locker to ditch my back pack and headed to the cafeteria.

"Hey Coop!"

Looking over I see a 5' 10 brown haired 14 year old walking towards me.

"Hey Jon! sup?"

"EH, Not much. How bout' you?"

"I'm good."

Oddly, Jon had just tried to bite a non-existant apple or something. Giving an annoyed face he took off his backpack and pulled out an apple and began to eat.

"Yo, Dude did you think you had the Force there for a sec?"

"In a sense" he replied awkwardly.

What can that mean?

"DING....DING...DING...DING"

"Well I'll see you at lunch!"

"See ya"

**************************************************

9:57 PM

Oh man, it feels good to be human again. It also feels bad too. I wonder........Maybe I'll be Rainbow for another year when I go to sleep?

With that my head hit the pillow and I was out.

**************************************************

MY HOUSE
CLOUDSDALE, EQUESTRIA
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 1996
8:42 PM CST

Oh I'm awake. Alright. Am I a human or pony?

I open my eyes....And see clouds.

The answer is pony.

I get up and look around.

Why is everything so small?.......HOLY SHIT I'M FLYING, more like hovering, but still, THIS IS AWESOME! How? I was training my wings last time. Must be instinct or somethin.

I did a couple laps of my room and realized that I got tired really fast.

Guess I'll have to train a bit. hahAHA. Oh I can't wait to see the look on Hoops and Dumbbells faces when I fly circles around them! And it's still a year until I'm old enough for flight camp! LOLZ!

**************************************************

A YEAR LATER
MY HOUSE
CLOUDSDALE, EQUESTRIA
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 1997
8:42 PM CST

WOW. Another year as Rainbow Dash, the soon-to-be fastest flyer in Equestria!

Over the course of the year I had Increased my stamina so that when my parents and I when around town to do stuff I could fly on my own power. I still wasn't very good at it but it sufficed as a mode of transport.

I figured that I would end up back on earth as my human self when I went to sleep, so thats what I did.

************************************************

MY HOUSE
GREATER VANCOUVER, CANADA
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
7:35 PM PDT

Drum roll please. Eyes open...I'm human. Cool. Surprise big not.

**************************************************

A YEAR LATER
FLIGHT CAMP 3
CLOUDSDALE, EQUESTRIA
THURSDAY, JULY 23, 1998
4:22 PM EST

HELL FUCKING YES!!

I was shooting around the sky doing loop-de-loops and other stunts. My Flying had improved a ton in flight camp.

OK, enough of that where's Fluttershy?......OH Shit.

Looking down I see Flutters being bullied by Hoops and Dumbbell.

"HA! My baby brother can fly better than you!"

"Leave her alone!" I burst in.

"Ooh, what are you gonna do, 'Rainbow Crash'?" Hoops sneered.

"Keep making fun of her and find out!"

"You think you're such a big shot? Why don't you prove it?" Challenged Dumbbell

"Whaddya have in mind?"

"A race!"

"Your ON!"

**************************************************

A FEW MINUTES LATER

Oh eat my dust BITCH! this is gonna be fun!

We had made our way to the camps racecourse, while word of the race had gone around very quickly, and a crowd of other students had taken the bleachers. The three of us went to the start line and Fluttershy was standing on a cloud with a checkered flag.

"You're going down!" Hoops said.

"In history, maybe. See you boys at the finish line!"(BITCH, PLEASE!) I confidently yelled back.

Flutters waved the flag and I flew forwards faster than I ever had before. Speeding ahead of my two challengers, I saw that they were gaining. The speed, the adrenaline, HELL YEA. I took one of the tighter corners at full speed, looking behind me I see Dumbbell successfully follow but Hoops took the corner too fast and ran into a cloud.

"Ow!"

"Ha! Later, Rainbow Crash!"

"Hey!"

Dumbbell zipped past. But whats the point of going all out in a race if you can't win?

I flapped my wings faster and faster until I saw a sonic cone forming around my fore hooves.

A sonic cone? I must be going at least mach 5!

*BOOM*

HOOOLYYYY SHITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

My speed instantly doubled and I flashed past Dumbbell while doing mach 10. I pass the rest of the course in seconds, zooming across the finish line. I look behind me and see a huge expanding circle of rainbow, as well as my mane and tail shimmering and I'm leaving a rainbow trail behind me. And there was something on my flank.

OM-FUCKING-G! THIS IS AWESOME!!!! A SONIC-RAINBOOM!! And I got my CUTIE-MARK!

Author's Note:

HELL YEA.

Well sorry it took so long. I had aLOT of baseball since my last chapter so I haven't had time, anyway I/Rainbow has gotten his/her cutie-mark yay. So has Flutters and I will be more consistent when doing chapters. New policy I'm gonna proof and edit the day after i do a chapter so expect this to be slightly different the day after I originally publish it.

Also, still wondering If anypony can edit/proof or provide some more fitting cover art that would be great, preferably something like a confused young Rainbow Dash.

:)