• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 7,846 Views, 235 Comments

How I Became Rainbow Dash - Lt Rainbow Slash



My name's Rainbow Dash and it has been three years since I became a pony (yes, originally I was human). I get asked 'How?' a gazillion times a day so I wrote this. Now stop reading the description and get on with it already

  • ...
24
 235
 7,846

Chapter 10: Ponies and (crashed) planes

[AUTHORS NOTE: I wasn't satisfied with chapter 9 so I redid part of it so you should go and take a look so this chapter will make sense]

CHAPTER 10: PONIES AND (CRASHED) PLANES
SPITFIRE'S APARTMENT
DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, B.C. CANADA
THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2011
6:19 PM PDT

Scheisse!

"What the hell was that!?" Yelled a confused Dave.

"Dash! Come on! That was an airliner! We gotta save those people!" Ordered Spitfire as she jumped out the window and flew towards the wreckage with me right behind.

Holy shit!

The plane was lying at an angle resting on its left wingtip while the other wing was completely missing. We saw people leaving the plane and moving a safe distance from the plane as the engine that was still attached was on fire and looked like it was going to explode at any second. We flew up to the maimed fuselage and went inside. I saw that there were still twenty or so passengers who had been knocked unconscious by the hard landing. We each unfastened the seatbelt of a passenger and flew them out before placing them with the other survivors a good distance away.

On my third trip I picked up a young girl and was about to take flight when I heard a gasp from the little figure on my back as she woke up.

"Rainbow Dash? Y-you're real!"

"I sure am! Now hold on kid!" I warned her.

I felt her arms wrap around my neck as I took flight and flew over to where we were putting the survivors.

"Rainbow? Where are my parents?"

"We're they sitting next to you?" I asked getting a nod in return. "Don't worry, I'll get them out. Pinkie promise." I said while going through the motions earning a giggle from the girl.

After two minutes we had gotten everyone but the pilots. I went in and put the pilot on my back while Spit got the co-pilot. As I went out the door and took off I felt heat on my back an instant before the shockwave and sound hit me and caused me with my heavy cargo to lose control. I entered a nosedive and couldn't pull up in time before I hit the ground.

That's when a chunk of hot metal decided to land on me.

**************************************************

VANCOUVER GENERAL HOSPITAL (VGH)
DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, B.C. CANADA
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2011
10:37 AM PDT

Ung! My head.

Slowly opened my eyes and saw I was in some sort of hospital room by the look of it.

"Ah! Ms. Dash, finally awake I see!" Said a cheery doctor in a british accent as he strode into the room, "I must say, I've never had a sapient pony as a patient before though. You took quite the knock to the head there. Your name is Rainbow Dash isn't it?"

"Yup. Uggh. What happened?" I asked.

"Well, according to eyewitnesses, you and your compatriot saved twenty people before the fuel exploded. You were just flying out the door when it happened and you were knocked to the ground, then a chunk of metal landed on top of you knocking you out cold and giving you first degree burns over several parts of your body, as well as breaking your left wing."

Burns!? Oh shit!

I looked down and saw several patches of my fur was shaved with angry red skin underneath.

"How long was I out?"

"About fifteen hours."

"Wait! What about Spitfire? She was behind me!"

"Oh, so that's her name. She was fine other than a slight singeing of her tail and a few bruises. She didn't have a large piece of metal land on her though. Just no scratching or using your wing for a few weeks. Also no sudden movement as you have quite the concussion."

"And that's where you're wrong doc."

"Pardon?"

"We ponies heal really fast. My wing should be better in a day and I'll be able to fly in a week, and my burns should heal in three days. Well, at least that's what I learned in school."

'Knock-knock-knock'

"Yes?"

"There is a visitor here for Rainbow Dash." Said a nurse who poked her head in.

"Well I'll get out of your way then." Said the doctor.

"Wait! How did you know my name?"

"Have you heard of a brony?" I nodded, "My fifteen year old son is one. You are his favourite character."

As the doctor left the room a certain yellow pegasus stunt flyer stepped in.

"Dash! Your awake! You took quite the hit there."

"Yup! That's me, Ms. Get-crushed-and-come-out-fine!"

"Real funny Dash! How long you stuck here?"

"Doc said a week, but they've never had a pony for a patient so they don't know about how fast we heal, so I figure a couple days."

"Yeah, one of the perks of turning into a pony, especially a pegasus, being able to hit a tree while doing five hundred K an hour and get right back up."

Right then a nurse poked her head in the door, "Excuse me but a journalist is asking for an interview, is that okey?"

"Well, we were going to become public knowledge sooner or later, sure let them, in but only one of them." I said.

A couple minutes later a blond woman who looked like she was in her thirties stepped into the room with a brown haired man who looked about the same age who was carrying a camera.

"Hello, I'm Samantha Reaves of the Vancouver Sun."

"Nice to meet you." I said extending a hoof, "Names Rainbow Dash, I'm the fastest flyer in Equestria! And this is Spitfire, the Captain of the Wonderbolts!"

"Nice to meet you too. I have just a few questions. First, why are you here?"

"Ummm. Because I got crushed by a hot steel panel."

"Oh. Maybe I should have been more specific. Why are you here, as in this planet?"

"Oh, uh... I have no idea. How bout you Spit?" I asked.

"I have no idea either." She replied.

"Ok...then how did you get here?"

"Umm, yea, about that," I hesitated, "We were humans...five days ago? Yea, that's right. I just woke up on ------ and I was in my pony body."

"Wait, you just woke up and found your bodies were that of your pony bodies?" I nodded, "That would mean that you had these bodies before."

"I have a story to tell don't I?" I sighed.

"It would seem so Dash." Said Spit in an amused tone.

"Buck. All right well it all started on September twenty third..."

**************************************************

"Wow. That sucks!" Said the photographer.

"Dude, that was the first thing you've said this whole time!"

"Well I normally don't say anything, but you having a forced sex change?! Ouch!"

"Ah, I don't mind, like I said to Spitfire, I can fly at mach ten and I'm probably going to be a celebrity with Bronys. I honestly prefer this body to my human one."

"Really!?"

"Yup. Some of the other ponies took it harder than me and Spit here though. Twi wouldn't leave her room for almost three days afterwords."

"Well thank you for your time Ms. Dash."

"No prob." I said as she and her photographer left.

"Tomorrow the city will know about us, and we will likely be swamped in bronys and little girls." Complained Spitfire.

"Ok, I would say something involving 20 percent cooler, but I'm not getting anything so, what can we do."

"Good point."

"Hey, Spit? Could you give me your phone for a couple minutes? I wanna call my parents."

"Sure." she said hoofing over her iPhone.

I quickly dialled my home number and was answered by my Mom.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mom, you're probably wondering where I am, aren't you?"

"Cooper? What happened?"

"Did you hear about that plane crash in Stanley Park? Me and Spitfire were rescuing people when the fuel went up. I got drilled by a steel panel. I'm in the hospital right now but I'm gonna be fine OK?"

"OK it's good to hear your all right. How long do you have to stay?"

"Oh I figure tomorrow morning."

"All right, see you then."

I ended the call.

Author's Note:

He he. Sorry bout being a little late with this, and about it being slightly shorter. I didn't write as much as I wanted to.

If it helps I'll probably post another chapter tomorrow.

:)