• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 938 Views, 0 Comments

Ruins - RogueShadowAngel



A lover lost. What is there to gain? Why is Luna taking such special interest in this pony?

  • ...
 0
 938

Ruins

Ruins

By RogueShadow (RogueShadow Winterborn)


The night was cold, dark as much as the Everfree Forest was matching the sullen mood of the forest at night. A lone Pegasus makes her way through the little worn path, stepping on everything that would scare even the bravest Solar Empire’s soldiers. No pony would want to be here, well none that isn’t a Shadowbolt. Still even then some didn’t dare come into the forest to disturb... her. This was her domain at night no one dared tried to come into it, it was surely a death sentence. Almost any pony knew the princess of the night would be watching, and did not like it when her solitude was broken when she was in thought.

Watchful eyes throughout look onto the Pegasus mare stumble through the forest. Monsters all watching her for their Mistress even the Cockatrice wouldn’t come out to turn the pony to stone. She heard them move, following her still they did nothing. What were they doing? Why wouldn’t they come out and attack her? Only Celestia knew why they just lingered in the underbrush of Everfree. She somewhat wished that they would just take her out of her misery and sorrow. Stone sounded good right about now actually especially since things happened today...

+ + + +

“Hey,” called a team member after they had just got done with a show with the Wonderbolts, “Guess what!”

A white pegasus looked back as she took of her mask looking at the younger mare, “What?”

“You know your special somepony, Solar Flare?” the younger Pegasus looked at the older one.

She nods a bit confused, “What about her? I haven’t seen her around many places. She won’t return my letters, but I figured she was busy with Wonderbolt stuff though I haven’t seen her around practices or the show...”

The younger mare looks a bit uneasy and gives her teammate a sympathetic smile and sighs opening her mouth in a low voice, “Well Sakura Blossom... she was coming... but she was stopped by some solar guards with some illegal possessions. Every pony is talking about it... They were also wondering if you had any idea if she was with the mafia of Manehatten?”

Sakura shook her head, her eyes getting teary eyed. She couldn’t speak fearing what could have happened. Certainly it wasn’t anything... serious, was it? Sakura looked up a bit knowing the stories of the infamous mafia, “She’s...” it was cut off by a slight nod.

+ + + +

The Pegasus comes up to a ruined castle, bumping her nose into the door leaving the door ajar. She yelps a bit with a squeak, not sure what that was... she puts a hoof forward and feels the door and pushes it open. Moonlight spills into the otherwise dark, dank forest. The ruined castle was unusually light for something in pitch black. Sakura’s eyes took a moment to adjust to the sudden burst of light. When adjusted, typical Shadowbolt styled eyes looked around the room. She had stepped back into time, ruins of the famed battle that a few of her friends where in so many years ago still relevant to see in the dimmed light. Light basking the once beautiful castle, now ruins, in its former glory of power from another era in time of Equestria.

“So... This is...” She spoke out loud, only to stop when feeling another presence in the room.

“You are correct, child.” A majestic voice answered, coming up from behind the white pegasus only to be met by fearful eyes.

She smiled at her Shadowbolt, slightly amused the usual strong and fearless flyer is suddenly cowaring beneath her. She knows fully well why, as does her sister. Still though, its fun to play games... at least to benefit the pony she helps, “What brings you to my domain, filly? No pony comes here to simply sight see. Especially when they had just flown in a race and done acrobatics earlier that day...”

Sakura lowers her ears, knowing that Princess Luna is right. Still she looks out the window catching a glimpse of a monster outside as it disappears suddenly clicking in her head why they didn’t attack. Luna had been expecting her and told them to keep watch on her so she didn’t get hurt along the way. She lowers her head to her Princess, only to feel the day’s activities catching up to her. First a leg gives out, then another... Princess Luna kneels down next to the sobbing mare. A nuzzle is felt on Sakura’s cheek as she feels a strong wing pull her close, knowing who it is.

“Sakura, as a Shadowbolt, you possess everything that one should be: Strong, Courageous, and above all willing to take a stand. We both know that the Shadowbolts aren’t well recieved because of the origin and takes a lot to openly admit you are one. Still taking putting that aside... What happened to Solar Flare was nothing you could have prevented. Even my sister Celestia, could have not seen this coming. The mafia has been dealt with for doing such a crime to a pony... Still her death is nothing you could have prevented, you being into fillies or not. She was apart of the mafia and had been long before she had met you.” Princess Luna whispers lightly still nuzzling a black mane of her Shadowbolt.

A nod is felt by Luna as she looks down at Sakura. Normally she’d be as cold as the night, Luna mentally shook her head and smiled inwardly a bit. Celestia’s made her soft from what she used to be. Luna looked around the ruined castle, this is where she had ruled, fell and rebirthed from Nightmare Moon by the elements of harmony. So many years have passed since then, the elements now growing old and are with their own children now... Still she remembers one night similar to this, a long time ago. A Rainbow Dash coming here to find her own path, eventually coming her dream along side her a purple mare Celestia’s prized pupil Twilight Sparkle... A smile crept onto Luna’s face as she looked down at Sakura, who now was looking up at her with teary eyes.

“I’m sorry for losing my composure Princess..” Sakura said as she started to get up only to be held down by the alicorn’s wing.

“The night’s growing short, soon my sister will raise the sun. I will have to talk to her about some arrangements...” Luna said looking up at the sky.

Sakura blinked a bit at the princess still confused, then realized that she’s now without a home. The guards have probably taken over her apartment she had shared with Solar Flare to investigate what, where, when and how. She wanted to collect her things, she didn’t want their hooves getting everything. She certainly would be laughed at if they found some photos. Fillyfiddlers weren’t well recieved among the common crowd of ponies. Given her public appearence, she had always kept her live private and only her teammates knew. They were like a family to her and were okay with it, but still. A worried gaze shown on the tired Pegasus’ face.

Luna spoke up slowly getting up helping the exhausted mare, “Child you need not worry about that... Princess Celestia had sent in your friends to collect the personal items before she sent guards to come and take things into their possession to proceed foward with an investigation. Also, you are coming with me back to Canterlot, away from this forest. This place is nothing but ruins something that should be long forgotten. Let us keep it this way, shall we?”

Sakura nodded in agreement knowing what the Mistress of the night meant. She was the one and only Nightmare Moon afterall. The castle of Luna showed all the signs of the battle of the past. She looks towards the rising sun, knowing that she’d have to leave the past behind her and move on. Still memories of the time she shared with her lover would and still linger and cause pain. She loved her after all... this is only natural. Stirring from the thoughts as she shivered as the wing that kept her warm was removed and she started to stir. Tiredly she staggered next to the princess, looking back at her.

Luna looks at Sakura once more and gets the typical Canterlot stance that she and her sister are known for. She looks forward towards Canterlot stepping into the carriage belonging to her sister, motioning for Sakura to do the same.

“My sister is awake and rising the sun now. She’s expecting you, best not to keep my sister waiting.” Luna said in a firm voice, looking forward and not at her. Sakura simply follows her body slowly moving. A tired gaze looks at the ruined lunar castle in the Everfree Forest thinking back to last night. A sigh follows, looking in the same direction as Luna to Canterlot to start a new chapter...

Luna looks at sakura with a soft look about her, uncharacteristic of the princess though tonight was an odd one to say the least, “Just remember, Sakura you are not alone in this. You have family, friends, teammates, and above all Celestia and myself to guide you through this... You don’t have to be alone in your time of struggle.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment