• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 2,698 Views, 242 Comments

Thirty Minutes Shy - Esle Ynopemos



A collection of short stories and vignettes featuring the shy yellow one.

  • ...
3
 242
 2,698

Bonus Chapter: Subtle Hints [Romance] [Comedy]

“Darling, thank you for coming over. I have some things I need to tell you.”

“Of course, Rarity. Actually, I had something I needed to say to you, too.”

“This will only take a minute, Fluttershy. I really must get this off my chest.”

“Um, I really would like to put this out in the open before I lose my nerve.”

“Well, you'll just have to talk over me, darling, because I cannot hold this in any longer.”

“I'm sorry, but I might do that.”

“As you well know, I appreciate subtlety. Often times, I would rather imply something than just say it outright.”

“I don't do well with words. Not when I really need to get the idea across. So it's probably my fault you didn't catch it when I mumbled at the spa.”

“I am entirely to blame for you not picking up on the nuances I have been using while speaking to you on our spa dates. I have tried leaving you hints...”

“My animal friends have been helping me leave you clues...”

“Gift after gift...”

“I don't know if you've noticed, but every time you've come over to my cottage, the woodland creatures have made a point of giving you cuddles and making you feel at home.”

“Honestly, darling, how many times do you think Opal has really been sick over the last few weeks? That excuse for dropping by has got to be wearing thin.”

“I thought for sure you would notice that it was the same dress that kept getting mysterious holes that needed repairing.”

“Lingerie, darling. Exactly what do you think it means when a friend makes exciting undergarments for you and says she hopes to see you in them sometime?”

“I think Angel Bunny maybe went a bit overboard when he organized all the birds to spell out, 'Kiss the yellow one, already,' in the tree outside your bedroom.”

“And yet, somehow, you haven't gotten the message.”

“But it still doesn't seem like you understand.”

“So I am going to lay this out in the plainest, most explicit terms I can manage.”

“So it's time for me to pony up and just say it.”

“I am laying my heart out on the line, Fluttershy. You can take it, or you can leave it.”

“It would be really nice if you decide you'd like to go with this, but, um, it's up to you. Whatever you decide is okay.”

“This is it... Oh Celestia, it's harder to say aloud than I ever imagined.”

“I... I... um, remember that part about me losing my nerve? I think that's happening right now.”

“No more putting it off. This is too important to stay quiet about.”

“I have to say it. I can't go on regretting not saying it.”

“Fluttershy...”

“Rarity...”

“I love you.”

“I lo... Y-you do??”

Author's Note:

Ha! I fooled you all! You thought it was over, but you were wrong! The Fluttershy never ends!

Some of the time, I don't have an idea of what to write until I see the prompt. But sometimes, I've got something I want to write, and am just holding onto it until I get a prompt that fits for it. That's the case, for example, with Over Again in the Rarity compilation, and Lungs, Lips and Life in the Dash compilation.

This chapter was an idea I had that I was saving for the right prompt, but the right prompt never came. And with both Rarity and Fluttershy's time behind me, I wasn't going to get a chance to use this one. So have a special extra bonus chapter with extra fluffy Flarity goodness in it. After all, I started this with a Flarity that was a bit of a downer; it's only appropriate that I end things with a more upbeat Flarity to tie it all together.

The end for reals this time, I promise!

Comments ( 19 )

A very cute and amusing little bonus chapter. :yay:

I'm split between Flarity and FlutterMc.

The end for reals this time, I promise!

Nuh-uh! It's still marked as "Incomplete", yer not foolin' me again, none! :ajsmug:

But yes, yay for fluffy Flarity. *Nod*

3080869 :facehoof: I meant to change that before I left for work, and then I forgot.

Complete

There. Now it's over.

3079452 That's nowhere even near a contest for me. Funny, that.

3079373 :yay:

3078775 That was the intention.

3077655 Ah... This may get awkward, because Applejack is best pony, and Spike... well, he's Spike.

*Grins and applauds* Lovely fun all around :) Who's next up?

3084178 Applejack. I'll post her up in a couple days, once I've drawn up some cover art and built up a buffer to counter prompts I miss because of work.

3140960 You're welcome to interpret it how you wish. However, the idea I had as I was writing this one was what happens to Fluttershy's animals if she goes off on one of those save-the-world adventures and doesn't come back.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5912886 From the tale with the big bad wolf and straw house, a wood house, and a brick house.

5913925 Ah. But the CMC aren't wolves.

This is a really nice collection of stories. They're all pretty good, and some of them are downright great. Worth a half hour for sure

6466809 She was traded off into a dog-training slavery contract, of course.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

6497189 the great EnChickening is begun!

Whoo! Thanks, these were really amusing!

Um, with Twilight's mum, what was happening?

Would these Thirty Minutes series fall under an Anthology (tag)?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Well, that was fun. :)

Login or register to comment