• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 2,826 Views, 31 Comments

They Never Knew - SilverEyedWolf



Human Spike living an AU life in Ponyville with friends.

  • ...
23
 31
 2,826

Pink Temptation 1

Author's Note:

Same as the first two, small changes that I hope will make a large difference.

After a small nap I woke Ditzy up with a few small kisses along her neck and shoulder. She just rolled over after the first few, so I moved around to her front and continued there, moving my lips down until I was kissing her chest instead of her neck. With a small sigh she opened her eyes and pushed my head away, smiling.

“I’m awake, I’m awake. Where’d you throw my clothes?”

“Around,” I said, shrugging and gesturing to her pants on the floor and shirt hanging from the doorknob.

She frowned at the dusty clothes. “I can’t go around wearing those all day, let me borrow some of yours.”

“Okay, but you’ll have to fight me for them,” I told her, gently pinching her. She gasped and punched me in my chest, holding the offended area. I smiled and kissed her, lips pressing to hers. She frowned and pushed me gently, adopting a stern expression and pointing me to my dresser.

“Shoo, no more today. That one time was enough to have me walking funny. Go, clothe me.”

Shoving me out of the bed, she bent over and snagged her shirt. I grabbed some of my own clothes on the way to the dresser, pulling up my own pants as I walked. Taking advantage of my position when I bent to grab my pants, Ditzy smacked me soundly on the left side of my butt, surprising me with her force. When I looked reproachfully, she frowned and rubbed pointedly where I had pinched her, making us both smile.

I grabbed her a pair of my undershorts and the rest of her clothes as moved back to the bed. I handed her the shirt she’d been wearing and bent down, sliding the underwear over her feet and up her calves, rubbing the skin as I passed over. She hummed gently and ran her fingers through my hair, allowing me to push her down and push the clothes the rest of the way over her hips.

I grinned and kissed her one last time, then got to my feet and moved to where I had tossed my shirt on the other side of the bed. By the time I had grabbed and put on my shirt she had all but buttoned her jeans. And by the time I had moved back around the bed, she had completed even that task and was looking around my room.

She turned to me and opened her lips, asking something that I interrupted with a kiss. I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close, cradling the back of her head in a hand while the other grabbed her lower back. She tried saying something, but gave up halfway through and just hummed happily against me.

I pulled away and we smiled at each other, me telling her how I loved her and she repeating me. I looked at her slightly dopey smile and felt my own blossoming.

“So, what was it you were asking about?”

Her grin disappeared as she frowned, apparently in thought. It reappeared as she lifted a hand to her head.

“I was going to ask if you had a brush,” she said, patting at the tufts of hair that had been ruffled while she had napped and when we had made love.

I nodded towards the same dresser I kept much of my clothes in. “There should be one in the top drawer.”

She walked over to the dresser and I sat on the bed, watching her as she pulled my brush through her near waist-length hair. The golden strands were straight and thin, falling into place quickly. She passed the bristles through the rest of her hair, making sure it was as well-placed as the rest. She smiled and held out her hand, walking slowly to the door.

I stood and took her hand as she passed near the bed, and we walked out of my room and up the stairs side by side.

………………………………

Twilight eyed us as we walked up the stairs, blushing slightly and quickly returning to… whatever it was she was doing with the cards from the card catalogue. Her daily sorting, maybe. I walked Ditzy over to the table where her sister was sitting, and I left them to their own devices while I went into the kitchen.

I made a few sandwiches for lunch for everyone, making a few different ones for Dinky. I hadn’t quite gotten her tastes down yet, but I knew mostly what she wouldn’t eat at least.

Pouring juice for all of us I toted the food and drinks on a tray to the table with the sisters, taking Twilight’s food to where she worked at the desk. I set her food in an unoccupied section of desk and started to walk away before she caught my sleeve, tugging me back to her work area.

“Spike, are you sure you’ve been with her long enough to start up this kind of relationship?” she asked, as bluntly as she could manage while fidgeting and blushing. Her uncomfortable actions only worsened when I raised an eyebrow.

“Twilight,” I said, in a voice I reserved for commanding. She flinched at my tone, much deeper than usual. “I am well over a thousand years old, even if I’ve only been active for the last few years. For much of that time I was alone except for the servants who cleaned my shell every ten years. And while your company and the Princess’s are fine for normal friendship, I need someone… more.

“And besides, we’ve been dating for a few months while you dawdled about with your friends, trying to decide whether you wanted to return to the castle or not. That may not seem like a long time for you, who’ve been much too caught up in her studies for a partner, but it’s four times the length some couples last.”

She had stopped fidgeting, and was now merely hanging her head.

“I’m sorry Spike,” she said faintly, “I was out of line.”

I reached out and put my hand on one of her shoulders, squeezing gently. She looked up, into my slight smile.

In a much more normal tone, I sincerely told her, “I’m not mad at you, Twi. I just wanted you to know that you don’t have to worry about me. I’m not about to get myself into trouble, especially not with Ditzy.”

Twi smiled back feebly and nodded. I lifted a hand and wiped a tear away, and she gripped it tightly.

“I just don’t want to lose my best friend,” she said, melancholy ringing heavy in her voice. I used the hand she was gripping to tilt her face up, so that she was looking me in the eye.

“Twilight, you’ll never have to worry about me leaving you. Even if I stop living with you, we both know I’ll still be here every day, even just to help with the books and cleaning.”

She smiled, eyes still swimming but no longer leaking. I patted her on her cheek, encouraging her smile with a grin of my own. She wiped at her eyes and smiled wider, then pushed me towards the table while she waved her hands, muttering about having a whole catalogue to reorder. I walked backwards, reminding her of her food and receiving another flapping of her hands for my troubles.

I reached the table to find all but my sandwiches gone, and half of all of our glasses quite empty.

“I was thirsty, and I didn’t think you’d mind, so I refilled some of my glass with yours,” Ditzy said. I nodded and picked up one of my sandwiches, taking a bite of pure cheese and bread. I raised an eyebrow and received a giggle in return. “Dinky wanted your turkey, also.”

“I don’t why we’re even waiting to get married, if you’re taking my food,” I pretended to grouse as I finished the grilled cheese and took a sip of my half glass. Ditzy had started to drink as well, but had stopped abruptly when I finished my sentence. She stared at me, mouth hanging wide.

“I, uhm, I don’t think I’m, well, ready…” she stuttered at me. I laughed out loud and leaned over the table to kiss her forehead.

“It wasn’t a proposal dear heart, only a joking complaint.” She nodded and hastily sipped at her juice while I ate my other sandwich. Dinky had just been looking through her book, done with her own food, when she spoke up on the matter and made her sister spit most of her drink back into her cup.

“I wouldn’t mind at all if Spike became my actual big brother.” She made a face at her sister’s outburst, then finished, “Besides, Miss Sparkle says you two might as well be married anyhow, with as much time as you spend together.”

“Well, a few short months is much too short for a proper courting,” I told her as Ditzy wiped her mouth and chin with a napkin. “People would talk. One year is the minimum, but I think your sister will hold out on me for two.”

“Can we please talk about something else?” Ditzy moaned, looking uncomfortably at Twilight who had been staring at Dinky and I.

I chuckled and complied. We talked about the book Dinky was reading, how her summer break was going so far, and if there were any boys who had caught her eye. Her book was a boring one about a subject she thought would be interesting but wasn’t, her summer had been dull so far but that was fine with her, and all the boys in her class were still gross but some of the older ones were starting to catch her eye.

“There’s this Pegasus named Lightning Flash who looks pretty cute,” she confided in us, “But I get the feeling he’s all looks. Scrawled Pages is much smarter, and he’s still pretty cute…”

Ditzy and I advised her sister as well as we could, holding hands underneath the table. The whole thing was just adorable to me, but it seemed to worry Ditzy a bit. I chalked it up to sisterly concern, same as Twilight. However, twelve was a little late to have just started discovering the opposite sex, and Twilight was quite older than twelve.

Eventually Twilight called me over to help her with some returned books, and then she had me cleaning some of the taller bookshelves. By the time we had finished shelving and cleaning Ditzy had decided that it was time to go home.

“It feels like we always come over to the library,” Dinky complained. “Can Spike start coming over more? It’s not like you don’t want him to.”

Ditzy muttered something about their house being dirty and waved her sister out the door, pushing gently but insistently. She turned and stood on tiptoe, but I shook my head.

“She has a good point. I could take tomorrow off and come visit you, if you don’t mind?”

Ditzy smiled and nodded, reaching up and bringing my face to hers for the kiss she was waiting for. “I suppose that’ll be okay,” she said before kissing me once more. “Just don’t complain if it’s still a bit messy.”

“Promise,” I said. “Should I bring something for dinner? I was planning on heading over when I finished my morning chores, but I don’t know how long I’ll stay…”

She smiled and shook her head. “We already have tomorrow’s dinner planned. And both of us know you’ll probably… spend the night,” she told me, reddening at the thought. My face joined hers and I felt the same silly smile spread across my mouth.

We bid each other goodnight, thoughts more on tomorrow than on any of the rest of the night. I walked back into the main room to find Twilight sitting at one of the normal tables, munching on a bread roll as she skimmed rapidly through her current studies. A thought popped into my head.

“Twi, I’m heading over to Sugarcube Corner. I’ve got to make sure the Cakes are all right.”

She mumbled around her bread and waved at me. I stepped out of the library, locking the door to keep patrons out and away from the studies of Twilight. Interrupting her in the middle of her thoughts could be dangerous, if not bodily than mentally. She’d gotten good at tearing down a person’s ego when she wanted to…

I had an uneventful trip to the bakery, waving at a few of the people I recognized from the library and a few recognized from the food stalls I bought fruits and vegetables from. I even got to wave at a passing Fluttershy, who smiled and waved back. She had a large basket of greens that she almost dropped, but she returned her hand to it in time to restore its balance.

I walked cautiously into the bakery and instantly recognized the smell in the air, the Ambrosia bread still lingering. I stepped out of the doorway and closed my eyes, stilling my mind before I opened my eyes and continued to the end of the counter, where Mrs. Cake was looking everywhere but at me, redder than a ladybug’s shell.

I waited where I stood, out of the way of any incoming or outgoing customers. It didn’t take long for the few customers in line to finish their orders, and no-one was hanging around the tables set around the shop. I closed and locked the door behind the last customer, flipping the open sign over to read, “Closed, come back tomorrow!” It was fifteen minutes early, but I didn’t think anyone would mind too much.

I took a seat at a table near the counter, while Mrs. Cake rushed into the back room with a few unsold pastries on a large tray. I heard some quiet words in the kitchen, then waved at the youth who walked out.

“Hiya Spike! Mrs. Cake is a little embarrassed right now, I hope you don’t mind if she hides in the kitchen and pretends to clean for a bit.” Pinkie plopped down in front of me, a large tightly wrapped bag in her hands, and I was suddenly very glad I was sitting down.

She noticed me fidgeting and smiled, widely. “Yeah, Mr. Cake says he doesn’t want that in the bakery anymore. Something about some of the younger men giving Mrs. Cake some looks?” She folded back the paper to reveal the rest of the loaf of Ambrosia bread, wrapped in plastic. The wrapping seemed to be very layered, as if whoever had wrapped it had done so many times.

“Mr. Cake says he can’t get the smell to go away, no matter how many times he wrapped it. He was trying for an awful long time, you know. There must be at least half a roll of plastic on that poor bread.” She giggled, taking the loaf in a hand and squeezing it, crinkling noisily.

“Most of our customers have been pretty quick to leave the store as well,” she told me, rewrapping the bread. “And we had a complaint from our neighbors to keep the windows shut, as well. They all said they needed a break from their spouses,” she said, keeping her eyes committed to whatever spot she had picked out.

I waved my hand over the table, breaking her line of sight and startling her out of her daydream. “Pinkie, do you need to stay in another bed tonight? You could use mine tonight.” Her face reddened, and I shook my head. “No, no. I am not using my bed tonight, at all. Do you need a place to sleep?”

She started to shake her head no, but a small crash sounded from behind the counter, in the kitchen. We both jumped to our feet, but a small moan halted our trip. Pinkie put her face in her hands and silenced a giggle with her fingers.

“You know, it may be safer. Let me go get a few things, and I’ll follow you home. But,” she ended suddenly, whirling to face me. “You will not only let me lock the door, but you’ll also lock the outside as well.” She was frowning, a nearly new expression from her. “I don’t want another embarrassing episode. I believe you’ve seen me naked quite enough, young dragon.”

Her skirt lifted as she spun towards the stairs, showing more of her thighs than I needed showing. I had the feeling that she had spun harder than necessary and flashed her skin on purpose, but she had bounced up the stairs before I could say anything. My mind started wandering, and I fought with it until she fell back down the stairs. She jumped up, having landed on a large bundle of what I hoped were very soft things.

“C’mon, and remember to pull all the curtains. I don’t want anyone walking by and discovering that they’ve… fell out of the kitchen. And onto the counter.” Pinkie walked over to the windows nearest her and started tugging on the cord to lower the blinds. There were only two large sets, one apiece to cover both sides of the store. Their size hindered the lowering though, and it took several seconds to get them down straight.

Looking towards the door, I frowned. “Uhm, what about…” I pointed at the pane glass door. While the blinds covered both halves of the store, the door itself was unhindered by any sort of blockage besides the “Closed” sign. Looking around, Pinkie snagged a tablecloth and held it up to the door.

“As long as no one’s trying to look, this should do.” She had to stand on her tiptoes to hold the sheet against the top of the doorframe, and her shirt tugged her skirt up another inch or so. It took me a second to gather my thoughts, long enough for her to look back and find me staring. She dropped her hands and blushed, shuffling uncomfortably.

I picked up another cloth and held it out. “Maybe we should tie this to the bottom, just in case somebody does get… curious.” Pinkie smiled, a small grin.

“To the bottom of what, the other tablecloth, or my skirt?” she joked, making three knots as she tied the two cloths together. I blushed and turned from her, gathering the bundle. The smell of the bread wafted out and into my face, and the table shifted away as its spell took effect.

“What was that scraping…?” Pinkie had turned to me, and I quickly dropped my jacket to waist height. She gave me a confused look, and then lost all expression as it dawned on her. Looking down at her shoes, she suddenly lifted her face and walked to me, a determined look on her face.

“Spike,” she started, looking slightly up into my eyes. “You know I’m a virgin, right?” Swallowing nervously, I nodded. I wasn’t sure where the conversation was heading, and I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not. She slowly lifted one of her hands and placed it on my hip, not shifting her gaze.

I twisted away, grabbing her sack of supplies and making sure to keep the bread exactly where it was. “Well, we really should be going now. You have a key, right?”

She remained where she was for a minute, blinking up at the ceiling that used to be my face. Shaking her head slightly, she took a key out of her pocket and held it up. I opened the door and threw the tablecloths over the glass and adjusted it slightly, covering as much of the door as I could.

She walked through the door and took a deep breath of air, smiling at the sun and closing her eyes to the light. I closed and locked the door with her key. I made sure that all the glass was covered and turned to the young woman, being unusually still for her normal self.

Tapping her shoulder, I smiled down at her. She grinned back, and we started on our way back to the library.