• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,186 Views, 52 Comments

The Maretrix OC - Violet Runner



Robert Anderson gets more than what he bagand for in his persuit to find the answer to the question; What is The Maretix?

  • ...
14
 52
 1,186

Chapter 9

Mixer helped Bad Apple get out, who grimaces as he comes back to the real word.

"Got him." Mixer said to himself, happy that one of his friends is alright.

"Where are they?" The caramel colored earth pony asked as he got himself out of the chair, walking towards Mixer and the controls.

"Making the call now." The Cobalt Unicorn said resetting everything to bring the others back.

"Good..." B.A. said as a small smile creeped across his face.


Violet and co. arrived at the repair shop just as the phone started to ring.

"You first, Violet." Hawkeye said as they gathered around the phone.


Back at the Lunar Dream, Bad Apple had gotten a knife and stabbed Mixer, who fell over onto the ground. Crisp then walked into the room and saw Mixer on the ground and B.A. with a bloody knife.

"Noooo!" He screamed putting two and two together and flying at the traitor.

However he was too slow as B.A ducked under Crisp, cutting him across the chest. Crisp then flew into a wall and fell to the floor dead. B.A. then sat down at the control panel, and put on the headset.


Violet went to lift the phone, when it suddenly cut off.

"I don't know, it just went dead." Violet said as Hawkeye looks at him.

Hawkeye got out her cell phone, and called the operator.

"Hello, Hawkeye..." B.A. said picking up.

"B.A.? Where's Mixer?"She asked confused.


Bad Apple walked over to her body and moves up close to her face.

"You know, for a long time, I thought I was...in love with you...I used to dream about you...you're a beautiful mare, Hawkeye. Too bad things had to turn out this way..." He said staring at her.


"You killed them!" The Green haired women said putting her had to her mouth.

"What?!" Deep Darkness said looking at her.


"I'm tired, Hawkeye. I'm tired of this war. I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of this ship, being cold, eating the same god damn goop every day. But most of all, I'm tired of that jack-off and all his bullshit." B.A. said jumping on top of Crescent's body. "Well, surprise, ass-hole! I bet you never saw this coming, did ya? God, I wish I could be there, when they break you. I wish I could walk in just when it happens. So right then, you'd know it was me."

"You gave them Crescent Sliver...." Hawkeye said from the other end of the call.

"He lied to us, Hawkeye. He tricked us. If he'd have told us the truth, we woulda told him to shove that red pill right up his ass!" The Earth Pony said matter of factly.


"That's not true B.A., he set us free." She said as she paced around the room.

"Free? You call this, free? All I do is what he tells me to do. If I had to choose between that, and The Maretrix, well, I, I choose the Maretrix." Bad Apple said getting a little frustrated.

"The Maretrix isn't real!" Hawkeye said trying to reason with him.


"I disagree, Hawkeye. I think that the Maretrix can be more real than this world." He said as he walked over to Deep's body. "All I do is pull the plug here. But there, you have to watch Deep die." Bad Apple said as he reaches towards Deep's plug.


"Hawkeye..." Deep said looking at the sad look on her face as she looked at him.

B.A. pulled the plug, and Deep Darkness fell to the ground dead.

"No!" Solo Gamer yells as she runs to his body and starts crying.

"Welcome to the real world, huh baby?" B.A. said evilly.

"But you're out, Bad Apple, you can't go back." Hawkeye explained.


"Oh no. That's what you think. They're going to reinsert my body. I go back to sleep, and when I wake up, I won't remember a god damn thing." He said as he moved over to Violets body. "But don't hate me Hawkeye...I'm just a messenger, and right now I'm gonna prove it to you. If Crescent was right, then there's no way I can pull this plug. I mean, if Violet's The One, then there'd have to be some kinda miracle to stop me. I mean...how can he be the One...if he's dead?" He said raping a hoof around the tentacle sticking out the back of Violet's head. "You never did answer me before, if you bought into Crescent's bullshit...come on! All I want is a little yes or a no! Look into his eyes, those big pretty eyes. Tell me...Yes. Or No?"


Hawkeye looked over at Violet, who was standing in the corner looking a bit lost.

"...Yes..." She whispered into the cell phone.


"NO!" B.A. said as he prepared to pull the plug.

However unknown to B.A., Mixer had seen his attack coming and managed to move enough so when he was stabbed he had missed anything vital, and had gotten up and charged a spell.

"I don't believe it!" He said looking at Mixer.

"Believe it or not, you piece of shit!" Mixer said firing his attack which hit B.A. right in the chest killing him


The cell phone went dead as Hawkeye turned to look at Violet, who doesn't know what's going on either. The phone started to ring again causing everyone to jump.

"You first..." Violet said before walking over to Solo to console her.


Hawkeye picked up the phone, and woke up on the Lunar Dream. Mixer helped her up, as she noticed the large wound on his side.

"You're hurt..." The Brown Earth Pony said looking at the wound.

"I'll be alright." He said as she got out of the chair.

"Crisp?" She asked looking around.

Mixer shook his head, and Hawkeye gave him a sympathetic hug before he went to bring the others back.


Crescent Sliver was in an office on the top floor of a government building with 3 agents. He was handcuffed to the chair he was sitting on, and was being pumped full of serum, alternately shivering and sweating. He was also hooked up to various monitors with white disk electrodes.

"Have you ever stood and...stared at it? Marveled at its beauty? Billions of people, just...living out their lives...oblivious." Agent Smith said staring out the window. "Did you know that the first Maretrix was designed to be a perfect world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be... happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept it, entire crops were lost. Some believed that we lacked the capability to describe your perfect world...But I believe, that as a species, equine beings define their reality though chaos and order. Which is why the Maretrix was redesigned to this, the peak of Human civilization because they were said to be the most chaotic beings to ever walk the earth. Which is, of course, what this all about.... Evolution, Crescent, evolution...like the Humans...you had your time. The future is our world, Crescent, the future...is our time." He said as another Agent walked in.

"There could be a problem..." The Agent said as the others looked at him.

Author's Note:

This chapter has not been edited.