• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,186 Views, 52 Comments

The Maretrix OC - Violet Runner



Robert Anderson gets more than what he bagand for in his persuit to find the answer to the question; What is The Maretix?

  • ...
14
 52
 1,186

Chapter 8

“They're on their way...” Mixer said to Solo Gamer, through his head set as he was preparing to bring everyone back. He looked at the monitors with the Maretrix code on them, when suddenly something on them jumped. “What is that?” He asked confused.


Back in the hotel, the group was on their way up the stairs back to the room. Violet looked over at a cat as it walked past a doorway. He was about to continue on his way when he turned around again, and an identical looking cat also walked by.

“Whoa, deja vu.” Violet said blinking a bit.

Everyone spun around to look at him, all with serious looks on their faces.

“What did you just say?” Hawkeye asked.

“Nothing, uh, just had a little deja vu.” He said dismissively.

“What did you see?” She asked a little worriedly.

“What happened?” B.A. asked.

“A silver tabby went past us...and then another that looked just like it.” Violet explained.

“How much like it, was it the same cat?” The Green haired woman asked.

“Might have been, I'm not sure.” He said shrugging.

“Solo, Deep!” Crescent said hurrying up the stairs.

“What is it?” The Brown haired man asked as everyone followed Crescent.

“A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Maretrix...it happens when they change something.” Hawkeye explained as they ran up the stairs.


“Sweet Celestia...” Mixer said when he realized what changed.


Divergent Breeze was sitting in a chair in one of the hotel rooms, looking at a picture of the woman in the red dress on his cell phone, when it rang and he picked it up.

“They cut the hard line; it's a trap, get out!!” Mixer said frantically.

Divergent scrambled to his feet, and went to a window. He opened the curtains only to find there is no window, only a solid brick wall.

“Oh no. Oh no…” He said getting scared.

He opened a chest, and grabbed some guns, just before a couple of Agents came in and shot him until he was dead. Meanwhile, after meeting up with Solo and Deep, Crescent also went to a window to find a brick wall there.

“That's what's changed, it's a trap, there's no way out!!” Bad Apple said frantically.

“Be calm.” Crescent said turning to Hawkeye. “Give me your phone…”

“They'll be able to track it.” She said handing it to him.

“We have no choice.” He said calling Mixer.

“Operator.” Mixer answered straight away, still upset from Divergent's death.

“Mixer, find a structural drawing of this building. Find it fast.” The White haired man said urgently.

“Got it.” He said a minute later.

“I need the main wet wall.” Crescent said looking around.


An Agent paused as he was about to make his way up the stairs with the other Agents.

“Eighth floor.” He said touching his earpiece.

“They're on the eighth floor...” One of the other Agents said to a police officer they were with.


Crescent and the others made their way through the halls of the hotel, being led by Mixer.

“Solo, straight ahead.” Crescent said, as they turned a corner and had her take the lead well he checked to see if they were being followed.

“Violet...” Deep said, handing him a gun. “I hope the Oracle gave you some good news...”

“Another left, that's it.” Mixer said, as they came to a room with a hole in the wall.

“Good.” The White haired man said, before Mixer hung up.


Cops flooded the eighth floor, while Violet and the others hid in the walls. One of the cops entered the room on the other side of the wall that Violet and the others were hiding behind. Violet suddenly lost his footing for a second causing dust to fall, and Deep started to cough. He tried to hold it in, but he couldn't hold it and let out a loud cough just as the cop was about to leave the room.

“They're in the walls! They're in the walls!” The cop yelled as he spun around.

The police started to shoot at the wall. Violet, who had never used a real gun before, tried to shoot it but flinched every time he fired a shot. An Agent took over the body of one of the cops, and reached through the wall and grabbed Violet by the neck.

“It's an Agent!” Bad Apple said, looking through a small hole in the wall.

With a small war cry, Crescent punched his head through the wall, freeing Violet from the Agent's grasp. He came out on the other side, and started to attack the Agent.

“Crescent!” Hawkeye shouted, knowing that there was no way he could survive.

“You must get Violet out! He's all that matters!” He said pinning the Agent.

“No! No, Crescent! Don't!” Violet said remembering what Lauren had told him.

“Hawkeye, go!” Crescent said as the Agent started to push him off.

“Go!” She yelled to everyone, as she began to shove people down the rest of the wall.

“We can't leave him!” He yelled, as Hawkeye tried to tear Violet away.

“We have to!” The Green haired woman said as she pulled him down.

They all went sliding down, and came out in a street outside. Cops began to surround them, as they drop smoke bombs, and one by one, went down a manhole. B.A. was the last to go, hesitating, as the cops aim their guns at him.

“B.A.! Come on!” Hawkeye said, watching him just stand there.
She eventually gave up and left him there as the smoke started to clear. She covered the manhole and went down the ladder.


The Agent stood up and turned to Crescent.

“The great Crescent Sliver...we meet at last.” The Agent said smiling.

“And you are?” Crescent asked getting into a fighting stance.

“Smith. Agent Smith.” He said, fixing his tie.

“You all look the same to me...” Crescent growled.

They begin to fight, but Agent Smith easily beats him, smashing him into the walls, until he was barely alive. He then nodded to the cops, who rush into the room.

“Take him...” Smith said brushing himself off.


Mixer felt horrible watching the whole thing happening on the monitors back on the Lunar Dream, and not being able to do a thing about it.

“No...” He said before getting an incoming call, and answered it. “Operator.”

“Yeah, I need an exit, fast!” B.A. said from the other side.

“B.A.?!” He asked astonished.


“Yeah! There was an accident! God damn, a car accident. All of a sudden, boom! Somebody up there still likes me.” Bad Apple said into a pay phone a few feet from the police van that had crashed into a nearby building.

“Gotcha.” Mixer said.

“Could you get me out of here, fast?!” The man with slicked back black hair asked looking around.


“They cut the hard line in the area, but there is one at the intersection of Franklin and Wells, in an old TV Radio repair shop.” Mixer said looking at a different monitor.

“Right.” B.A. said, hanging up the phone.


Violet, Hawkeye, Solo and Deep, walked down the street after getting out of the sewers. Hawkeye took out her phone and called Mixer.

“Mixer, it's me.” She said, not stopping.

“Is Crescent alive?” Violet asked worriedly.

“Mixer, is Crescent alive?” Hawkeye asked, looking at Violet.

“Yeah, and they're moving him. I don't know where to yet, but I'll find out.” Mixer said reassuringly.

“He's alive.” She said to, Violet before turning away again. “We need an exit.”

“You're not far from B.A.” The Unicorn said.

“B.A.?”

“Yeah, I know. He's at Franklin and Wells.” He explained.

“Got it.” Hawkeye said hanging up.

Author's Note:

Edited by RequiemBlaze