• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,186 Views, 52 Comments

The Maretrix OC - Violet Runner



Robert Anderson gets more than what he bagand for in his persuit to find the answer to the question; What is The Maretix?

  • ...
14
 52
 1,186

Chapter 3

Violet woke up on his bed, in his apartment, screaming and sweating. He put his hand to his mouth, and found it perfectly normal. The phone beside his bed rang causing him to jump and he picked it up cautiously.

".......Hello....?" He asked nervously.

"This line is tapped, so I must be brief." Crescent Sliver said from the other end. "They got to you first, but they underestimated how important you are... If they knew what I know, you would probably be dead."

"What are you talking about? What’s happening to me?" Violet asked confused and a little angry.

"You are The One, Violet. You see, you may have spent the last few years of your life looking for me, but I've spent my entire life looking for you. Now do you still want to meet?" Crescent asked.

".....Yes...." He said after a moment.

"Then go to the Adam's Street Bridge."

Violet hanged up and did as he was told. As he was waiting under the bridge it started to rain. A black car pulled up and the door opened to reveal Hawkeye.

“Get in.” She said, making room for him.

Violet got in the car and Solo turned around from the front passenger seat and pointed a gun at him.

“What the hell is this?” Violet asked, putting his hands up.

“It's necessary, Violet. For our protection.” Hawkeye said, nodding to the driver to start driving.

“From what?” He asked still confused as to what’s going on.

“From you...” She said in a slightly calming tone.

“Take off your shirt.” Solo ordered.

“What?” Violet asked, looking at her.

“Stop the car.” She said, tuning to the driver and the car stopped in the middle of a three-way intersection. “Listen to me, Twinkle Butt. We don't have time for twenty questions. Right now, there's only one rule: Our way or the highway.”

“Fine...” Violet said, starting to get out of the car only to be stopped by Hawkeye.

“Please Violet, you have to trust me.” She said almost pleading.

“Why?” He asked, looking at her.

“Because you have been down there, Violet.” She said, gesturing to the road they were parked in front of, which looked eerily similar to the road described in My Little Dashie. “You know that road. You know exactly where it ends. And I know that's not where you want to be...”

Violet looked at the road, sighed and slowly got back into the car and Hawkeye looked at the man in the driver’s seat.

“Deep, lights.” She said before he turned off all the lights in the car. “Lie back, lift up your shirt.” She said, turning back to Violet and pulling up a weird device.

“What is that thing?” Violet asked, looking at the device in her hand.

“We think you're bugged....Try and relax...” Hawkeye said, looking at the display on the device well holding and pressing it against his abdomen. “Come on...come on...” She said, talking to herself as she attempted to remove the bug from him.

“It's on the move....you're going to lose it...” Solo said, leaning over to get a better look.

“No I'm not...” She said, pressing a few buttons on the device. “Clear.” She said pressing a button that sent an electrical shock through Violets body.

“Jesus Christ, that thing's real??!!” Violet asked, shocked as the bug was sucked from his body into the jar attached to the device she was using.

Hawkeye then throw the tube out of the window onto the street as they took off down the street. The 'bug' turned back into a mechanical object as it's red 'eyes' faded before finally going out.

A few minutes later they arrived at an old abandoned hotel and Hawkeye took Violet up to the top floor and to a pear of closed double doors.

“This is it…” She said turning to face him. “Let me give you one piece of advice. Be honest. He knows more than you can imagine.”

Violet opened the doors and walked in to see a tanned white haired man staring out of the window.

“At last we meet.” He said turning around and smiling at Violet. “Welcome, Violet. As you no doubt have guessed, I am Crescent Sliver."

“It's an honor to meet you.” Violet said extending his hand.

“No, the honor is mine” Crescent said shaking it. “...Please, have a seat.” He said sitting in an armchair, Violet doing the same. “I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice... Tumbling down the rabbit hole?” He said seeing the confused look on Violets face.

“You....could say that.” Violet said still a little confused.

“I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees, because he is expecting to wake up.” The white haired man said with a bit of laugh. “Ironically, this is not far from the truth.... Do you believe in fate, Violet?” Crescent asked seriously.

“No.” Violet said flatly.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my own life.” He said.

“I know...exactly what you mean.” Crescent said happily. “Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you can feel it. You've felt ever since you became a Brony. That there's something wrong with this world. You don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?” He asked.

“The Maretrix?” Violet said as more of a statement then a question.

“Do you want to know…what…it…is?” Crescent Sliver asked looking at him. Violet nodded yes, ready to finally get some answers. “The Maretrix is everywhere.” He said gesturing to everything in the room. “It's all around us, even in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to the park, when you pay your taxes. The Maretrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes, to blind you from the truth.”

“What truth?” Violet asked leaning forward a bit.

“That you are a slave, Violet.” Crescent said also leaning forward. “Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you can not smell or taste or touch. A prison...for your mind.... Unfortunately,” He said sitting back in his chair. “No one can be...told what the Maretrix is...you have to see it for yourself.” Crescent Sliver then pulled out and opened a container from his coat and put the contents into his hands before leaning forward again “This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.....You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe...whatever you want to believe." He said opening one of his hands. "You take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.” Violet reached forward but paused for an instant when Crescent spoke up again. “Remember...all I'm offering you is the truth, nothing more.” He said.

Violet then reached for the red pill. Taking it he swallowed it down with a glass of water, and looked at Crescent Sliver, who was half smiling at him.

“Follow me.....” Crescent said getting up. They walk through another set of double doors into a room with computer terminals and other machines. “Deep, are we online?” He asked Deep Darkness, who was typing away on a computer.

“Almost...” He said looking up for just a second.

Hawkeye and a few other people were also busy with a complex system of monitors, modules and drives.

“Time is always against us. Please, take a seat there.” Crescent said leading Violet over to an old dentist’s chair.

Violet cautiously sat down, still looking at all the computer terminals and wires.

“You did all this?” Violet asked Hawkeye, who was standing near him.

“Uh huh.” She said connecting a couple of wires to one of the computers.

“The pill you took is part of a tracing spell. It’s designed to disrupt your magic input/output carrier signal so we can pinpoint your location.” Crescent Sliver explained.

“What does that mean?” He asked confused.

“It means, buckle your seat belt Dorothy...'cause Kansas...is going bye-bye.” A guy with shiny slicked back black hair said looking up from his computer terminal.

“We decided to with Alice In Wonderland this time B.A.” Crescent said looking up from what he was doing.

“Well it would have been nice if you told me that earlier. Making me waist my one liners.” B.A. said grumbling to himself.

As Violet looked at an old cracked dressing mirror nearby, it appeared to show his image twice. As he stared at it, it started to fix its self.

“Did you....?” Violet asked looking at Crescent.

“Have you ever had a dream, Violet, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference, between the dream world...and the real world....?” He asked Violet ignoring his question.

Violet curiously reached out and touched the mirror. It wobbled, and appears to stick to his hand.

“This can't be....” Violet said pulling back a bit and a strand of thin rubber like cement came with his hand .

“Be what? Be real?” Crescent said finishing his sentence.

When Violet pulled away, the fragile wisps of mirror broke, and only a tiny fragment of the liquid was left. He looked at it, and it began to consume his hand. He squirmed as it started crawling up his arm.

“It's going into replication!” Hawkeye said warningly.

“Deep?” Crescent asked looking at him.

“Still nothing...” Deep Darkness said frustratedly.

The liquid had now covered Violet’s entire right arm and was working it's way up his shoulder to his neck.

“It's cold!! It's cold!” He said freaking out.

“Mixer, we're going to need a signal soon.” Crescent said taking out a Black Berry and talking to someone one on the other end.

Violet began to seriously panic, as he tipped his head up as if he was sinking into the mirror, trying to keep his mouth up.

“We've got a fibrillation!” Hawkeye said looking at Crescent.

“Deep! Location!” Crescent said looking over at the buff dark skinned man.

“Targeting, almost there!” He said typing away at a keyboard.

By now Violet was almost totally consumed by the liquid, squirming as it works it way up his face.

“He's going into arrest!” Hawkeye said warningly.

“LOCK, I got him!” Deep said triumphantly.

“Now, Mixer! Now!” Crescent said into his phone.

The mirror liquid poured down Violet’s throat, as he screamed, and his vision got swallowed by total darkness.

Author's Note:

OCs used:

Cypher: B.A. (Bad Apple) – Gabriel LaVedier
Tank: Mixer – Mixer