• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,186 Views, 52 Comments

The Maretrix OC - Violet Runner



Robert Anderson gets more than what he bagand for in his persuit to find the answer to the question; What is The Maretix?

  • ...
14
 52
 1,186

Chapter 12

Once the elevator was half way up the building, Hawkeye opened up the bag she had been carrying, and wired a plastic explosive and napalm bomb together well Violet hit the emergency stop button before pulling down part of the false ceiling and opened the elevator shaft access panel. They both climbed out and ratcheted down a clamp onto the elevator cable. Both of them lock on, holding on to one another as Violet looked up the long, dark throat of the building and took a deep breath.

“There is no spoon...” He said whipping out a gun and shooting the cable, where it attached to the elevator.

The cable snapped causing the counter-weights to plummet, yanking Hawkeye and Violet up through the shaft as the elevator fell away beneath them, as they soared to the top. The elevator hit the bottom, and a massive explosion blew open the doors, and fire clouds engulfed the elevator section of the lobby.


The smoke alarm kicked in, and the water sprays turned on soaking the Agents and Crescent in the office.

“Find them and destroy them!” Agent Smith said angrily.


Hawkeye and Violet were fighting the various soldiers and guards on top of the roof. Across the roof, a pilot sitting inside an army helicopter watched the ferocious onslaught.

“I repeat, we are under attack!” The pilot said before his whole body dissolves, consumed by a swarm of static and a loud buzzing noise fills the air as an Agent took over his body.

Just as Hawkeye killed the last soldier she turned to see the Agent step out of the helicopter behind Violet. Violet looked at her, and from the fear in her eyes knew what was behind him. He then whirled round, firing his guns at the Agent, each bullet missing as the Agent dodged them in a blur of motion.

“Trinity...!” Violet yelled as his guns emptied and the Agent loaded his own gun. “....help!”

The Agent fired his gun several times at Violet. As the bullets approach him time seemed to slow down and he was able to bend backwards, twisting and ducking just underneath them. The Agent fired again, as Violet bent impossibly back, with one hand on the ground. One of the bullets grazed his thigh, leaving a red groove causing him to scream and fall backwards.

“Only Mortal...” The Agent said. As Violet laid there, he aimed his gun at him one last time.

“Dodge this!” Hawkeye said sneaking up quietly behind the Agent, pointing her gun against his head before shooting him.

As the Agent fell backwards, he turned back into the pilot. Hawkeye reached out a hand, and helped Violet up, looking at him curiously.

“How did you do that?” She asked.

“Do what...?” Violet asked dusting himself off.

“You moved like they do...I've never seen anyone move that fast.” The green haired women explained

“Wasn't fast enough...” He said looking at the wound on his thigh. “Can you fly that thing?” Violet asked looking over at the helicopter.

“...Not yet.” Hawkeye said looking at it before taking out a cell phone, and calling Mixer.

“Operator.” Mixer said picking up.

“Mixer I need a learning program for a V-212 helicopter...Hurry!” Hawkeye said as she got in the pilots chair.

Mixer quickly found one, and loaded it in. Hawkeye's eyes flickered with REM for a few moments, as the information loaded into her mind and then snap open.

“Let’s go.” She said starting up the helicopter as Violet manned the gun.

Agent Smith was still in the office with the water still flooding the office when he starts to hear a sound, and suddenly realised the seriousness of the attack. He turned to the large window, as the helicopter came into view. Violet was in the Back Bay, aiming the mounted .50 machine gun, straight at him.

“NO....” Agent Smith said twisting his face into a grimace.

Violet fired the machine gun, and bullets explode through the window in a cacophony of crashing glass, as the Agents reached for their weapons. However Violet was too close and the machine gun was too fast, with bullets perforating everywhere in the room. Agent Smith was hit first, his body fell back. Then the other two Agents, one of their guns still firing as his body fell.

“Crescent, get up! Get up, get up!” Violet said, staring at him, as if trying to will him into action.

“AHHHHHHH!” Crescent Silver yelled as he regained control and strained the handcuffs until they finally snapped in two. He pulled the wires from his head, and stood up. He then looked towards Violet, and started to run towards the window.

However the Agents had take over the bodies of the guards that were outside the door, and knifed their way back into the room. They fired at Crescent as he reached the window, hitting his leg as he jumped for the Helicopter outside the window.

“He's not going to make it!” Violet said noticing his stumble. He then attached a long rope to himself and the helicopter and jumped from the helicopter, grabbing onto Crescent just before he began to fall, and held onto him as they fell until the rope ended and went taught. “Gotcha!” He said, keeping a hold on Crescent's arm.

Hawkeye began to pull the helicopter up and away from building, but Agent Smith had grabbed a gun from the nearest soldier, and fired at the helicopter hitting the fuel tank as the rear hull was punched full of holes.

“Shit!” Hawkeye said as the helicopter began to become harder to control as most of its systems began to lose power.

Violet was pulling Crescent up to him, when he heard the engine beginning to die. Hawkeye guided the helicopter towards the roof of the nearest building, as Violet dropped Crescent, safely on the roof. Violet soon followed, rolling free as the rope goes slack. He was about to detach himself, when he realised Hawkeye was still in helicopter.

“Oh not good!” Violet said as the helicopter began to fall. “Really should have thought this one throw.” He said as he swung the rope and it began to pull him fast along the roof.

Hawkeye got out her gun and shot the rope inside the helicopter causing it detach, grabbing onto it she swung out of the helicopter, held up by Violet, who was standing at the very edge of the building, almost falling off. He quickly swung her out of the way of the helicopter, as it crashed into the glass windows of the opposite building, creating a huge ripple as all the glass blew out, and Trinity just missed it, as the helicopter explodes into flames, and she banged into a lower window of the building Violet and Crescent are on.


“I knew it! He's the one...” Mixer said as he just stared at the monitor, his mouth agape as he watched everything unfold.


Violet pulled Hawkeye up into his arms. They both shake as they recovered from the shock of what nearly happened.

“Do you believe it now, Hawkeye?” Crescent asked looking at her.

“Crescent...The Oracle, she told me, I'm...” Violet said panting.

“She told you exactly what you needed to hear… that's all.” He said interrupting him. “Violet, sooner or later, you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path... and walking the path...” Hawkeye then handed him her phone and he called Mixer.


“...Operator?” Mixer said answering the call nervously.

“Tank.” Crescent said on the other end.

“Luna damn, it's good to hear your voice sir!” The Cobalt Unicorn said excitedly.

“We need an exit...” Crescent said anxiously.

“Got one ready!” Mixer said having prepared one ahead of time. “Subway station, Sheppard Ave West.”


“Damn it!” Smith said as the agents exit the office and move onto the roof.

“The trace was completed...” The Agent on his left said putting his hand to his ear piece.

“We have their position.” The other Agent said doing the same.

“The sentinels are standing by…” The first agent said turning to Smith.

“Order the strike!” The second one said.

“They're not out yet...” Smith said looking down at the street.