• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 526 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 526

PreviousChapters Next
03:00-03:30 "The Inspiration"

Twilight Sparkle and her friends walked through the streets of Fillydelphia. There were here by request of the Princess herself, seeing as the last time they were all together for a Summer Sun Celebration, it had lead to an epic adventure through the Everfree Forest, to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters and the rediscovery of the Elements of Harmony and their subsequent use on Nightmare Moon. This year, however, Celestia had assured them that no ancient prophecies were about to be fulfilled, no dastardly plots to take over the world were going to be enacted, that yes, it was just going to be a normal Summer Sun Celebration. And so, the six friends found themselves in Fillydelphia, looking for a way to pass the time until the sun was scheduled to rise.

“Huh,” said Twilight, as she stared at a poster for a play, “The Mare in the Moon, a play by the Fillydelphian Theatre Society. Written and Directed by Trixie Lulamoon.”

“Trixie? As in the Great and Powerful?” asked Rainbow Dash, moving over to join Twilight at the poster, as the rest of their friends followed.

“Say what you will of Trixie, but she is a skilled writer and director!”

“Yaah!” Rainbow Dash shot up into the air at Trixie’s proclamation. Twilight turned to face the other unicorn.

“Trixie,” said Twilight.

“Sparkle,” replied Trixie, giving the Princess’s personal student a horn dip of respect, before continuing, “Trixie understands that you may be sceptical of her abilities. Trixie’s travelling roadshow is largely meant for young foals and the average pony, not ridiculously nerdy and overpowered unicorns.”

“Thanks?” said Twilight, uncertain how to react to the backhanded compliment.

“To that end,” proclaimed Trixie, rearing up on her hind legs, “Trixie will offer you and your backwater town friends tickets to Trixie’s show! Trixie is very interested in what you think of it!”

“Give us a minute to discuss it, ok?” Twilight turned to face the other five, “Do you think we should give it a chance?”

“I say why not, dear. We have nothing to lose but time.”

“Oh, um, whatever you girls think is fine by me.”

“Shows are fun!”

“Shoot, may as well. T’aint like ah was plannin’ on anythin’ else.”

“Yeah, ok.”

“We’ll see your show, Trixie,” said Twilight, turning to face the showmare. With a flourish, Trixie produced six tickets from her pointed hat, and levitated them over to the group of mares.

“On the house. Trixie hopes you enjoy!” and with that, Trixie reared up, and as her front hooves hit the ground, a plume of smoke concealed her, and when it cleared, she was gone.

****

The six mares exited the theatre some hours later, and were confronted by Trixie waiting for them at the entrance to the theatre.

“Well?”

“Alright, Trixie. I’ll admit it. You’re a great writer.”

“Trixie is pleased you think so, Sparkle. Trixie hopes you enjoyed her little tribute to you and your country town friends. Don’t read into it.” And with her peice said, vanished once again.

“Come on, girls, we’d best be getting to the town hall. It’s nearly sunrise,” said Twilight, still coming to grips with the new image of Trixie as a professional in her own feild, and her unexpected charity.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #362: “The Longest Day of the 1001st Year” (Theme Week, Day Four)
One year after they met, the mane six attend another Summer Sun Celebration.

PreviousChapters Next