• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 527 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 527

PreviousChapters Next
02:30-03:00 "She Regrets Nothing"

Pinkie Pie blinked, and wiped the nervous sweat away from her eyes. She gritted her teeth, and sat as still as she could. It was just sitting there, taunting her, she knew it. Like some big, mean bully, except it couldn’t speak. It was all Dashie’s fault, Pinkie knew. It had started with a casual sleepover at Twilight’s (They’d finally gotten her to put away the sleepover guide), and it was the almost customary game of Truth or Dare, when Dashie had dared Pinkie to do the most unimaginable of unimaginable things: make a dozen cupcakes, and she wasn’t allowed to eat a single one. Dashie hadn’t even allowed her to lick the spoon! Or the bowl, for that matter.

The thing was, though, that Dashie’s dare wouldn’t be over until all of the cupcakes had been eaten by ponies not Pinkie Pie. She wasn’t sure when Dashie had roped the other girls into this evil, diabolical scheme of denying Pinkie her absolute favourite, bestest food group ever, but they were all sitting around, acting like nothing was wrong as the single cupcake sat on the nearly empty plate, in the exact center.

‘It’s OK, Pinkie,’ she thought to herself, ‘You can do this. Just ignore the cupcake. Ignore the cupcake. Ignore. The. Cupcake. The delicious, delicious cupcake. One of the girls will eat it, and then you can get revenge on Dashie.’ Pinkie imagined how it would look. Dashie would scarf down the whole thing in two or three bites, tops. Icing would go everywhere, and then Dashie would have to lick around her mouth to get rid of all of it. Fluttershy would need convincing to eat it, but she’d do it ever so nicely, taking slow bites, savouring the flavour. Rarity would do it as if it were one of those little appetizers she got whenever she went to Canterlot, and Pinkie never understood the appeal of those, because really, how were they supposed to fill you up? Applejack would eat it like Rainbow, just a bit slower, be a bit less messy. Not nearly as much fun. Pinkie liked cleaning icing from around her mouth, it was like getting a second, smaller cupcake. Twilight would be perfectly methodical about it, and would probably cut the cupcake up to bite-sized peices so no mess went on her books. Totally not fun, and cupcakes were the funnest food ever! They were supposed to be messy, and delicious, and sweet and why could she taste cupcake?

Oh.

Oh no.

Well, at least she had cupcake. She might not be able to get revenge on Dashie tonight, but cupcakes were almost as good.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #155: “So Sweet and Tasty”
Don’t eat the cupcakes.

PreviousChapters Next