• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 522 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 522

PreviousChapters Next
23:00-23:30 "The Aftermath"

It was like a dream come true, as Rainbow Dash stood in the waiting area, waiting for her number to be called so she could go out there and show the Wonderbolts her stuff. After everything, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Sombra, Twilight’s ascension, the Royal Wedding, and her stint at Wonderbolt Academy, she was ready. She could do a Sonic Rainboom on command, and her trick repertoire was expanding every day. She was ready. She was calm.

“Rainbow Dash, you’re up,” said one of the coaches, offering a hoof bump as Rainbow passed him, “go knock ‘em dead, kiddo.”

“You know it. I’m coming out with one of those flight suits.” And as the gate to the cloud stadium opened, Rainbow shot forwards, carving a near solid wall of rainbow behind her. Stage one, the Pinball. This was one of Rainbow’s more recent additions to her routine. Using whatever was around her, she had to bounce around, often pulling complete 180’s, without busting a single cloud, but still giving the impression that she’d hit it.

Down in the arena, Rainbow was having the time of her life. She’d finished with the Pinball for now, and was moving onto stage 2, when she could have sworn she heard Pinkie Pie’s voice call out to her. Looking around, she saw that Pinkie was in the stands. Huh. That was wierd, she always thought that Wonderbolt Auditions were closed to the public. Still, she’d take the cheering section.

“Daashiee!”

“Daashiee!”

“Dashie!”

Rainbow awoke with a start, jerking upright and slamming her head into Pinkie’s, who didn’t seem fazed by it in the least. Dammit, it was just a dream.

“Yeah, what is it Pinkie?”

“Look, I know you guys are kinda tired, but could you and your teammates leave Sugarcube Corner? We have to open soon.”

“Yeah, sure Pinks, wait...Teammates?” Rainbow Dash looked around her, and indeed, sprawled on the floor was most of the active roster of the Wonderbolts, still in their flight suits, and Rainbow was in one as well.

“I joined the Wonderbolts, and I don’t remember it! Arrgh! This is the last time I drink Applejack’s hard cider before a party.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #68: Guest Week Day Two (“The Best Prompt EVER!”)
Rainbow Dash (that’s me) finally gets accepted into The Wonderbolts! Eeeeeeeee!!!

PreviousChapters Next