• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 527 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 527

PreviousChapters Next
15:30-16:00 "Only Missing The Chocolate Sauce"

It was a normal day in Ponyville. The sun was shining, Rainbow Dash was sleeping on a cloud somewhere, and Pinkie Pie was making her forty eighth attempt at baking the ‘Cake to end All Cakes’, a personal ongoing project of hers. It would be a lot further along if she didn’t keep putting the cake batter in the glitter cannon of her ‘Welcome Wagon’. The Cakes had already grabbed the twins, and had vacated Sugarcube Corner the moment they heard the warning signs. Namely, Pinkie was singing the Song.

“A few eggs, some flour...” muttered Pinkie, as she mixed, and tasted, then mixed some more.

“And now, the sugar. More sugar!” a whole bag of sugar went into the budding mix.

“And Now, I will attempt to give this creation life!” proclaimed Pinkie, having somehow acquired a lab coat and a pair of safety goggles, and with that, she poured a jar of liquid rainbow into the mix, and ducked behind the counter.

After a few minutes of nothing happening, a single pink hoof crept up over the counter, and felt around until it found the wooden spoon, and then banged that around until it found the bowl full of cake mix. The spoon touched the surface, and began to stir.

Three revolutions in, and the bowl exploded. Pinkie poked her head over the edge of the counter, and saw that once again, the liquid rainbow had somehow actually given life to her attempted creation. Pinkie screamed as the monstrosity moved towards her, gurgling and glugging. It also appeared to be now made of marshmallow. As Pinkie dodged under the clumsy swings of her soft, pillowy creation, she remembered what she usually did in these situations-Ate her way out. It should be noted that this is actually Pinkie Pie’s solution to everything (that, or party). Pinkie stopped screaming, and turned to fully face the marshmallow monster.

“Who wants dessert?” And with that, Pinkie leapt foward, mouth open, hooves outstretched.

“Note to self:” said Pinkie Pie, between chews of the giant marshmallow creature, “Need more baking puns. Also maybe stop pouring liquid Rainbow into baking mixtures.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #133: “Doctor Feelgood”
Doctor Pinkamena Diane Pie!

PreviousChapters Next