• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 527 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 527

PreviousChapters Next
11:00-11:30 "Nay, I Am But An Author"

This is a story about a pony. The pony’s name is Twinkle Dawnshimmer. Twinkle Dawnshimmer is a unicorn.

Twinkle Dawnshimmer had just moved into Ponyville, and was looking for her new house, when she accidentally bumped into a certain lavender unicorn, knocking them both to the ground.

“Oh, I’m terribly sorry,” cried Twinkle, extending a hoof to the lavender unicorn, “are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine, thank you,” replied the other unicorn, “I’m Twilight Sparkle, and you are?”

“Oh, I’m Twinkle Dawnshimmer. You know, I think I remember you from somewhere. Did you go to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns?”

“As a matter of fact, I did! I was Celestia’s personal student.” Twilight couldn’t help but preen a little. It was considered a big honour to be taught by the princess herself. It meant that you were something beyond even extraordinary.

“Wow! I was the smartest filly in my class, got top scores on everything. I’ve even read some of Starswirl the Bearded’s ancient texts. Did you know, he was the father of the amniomorphic spell, and about 200 others?”

“Oh I know, I even dressed up as him for Nightmare Night last year!” said Twilight, “Hey, if you’re not busy, why don’t you come back to the library with me and we can study together! I’ve never had a study buddy before.”

“Oh my gosh, neither have I!” said Twinkle Dawnshimmer the two hugged and simultaneously cried out ‘S.B.F.F. Study Buddy Friends Forever!’

As the two...

****

ThunderTempest stared at the screen. He blinked. Then he blinked again, and re read what he’d written for the tenth time. Slowly, he pulled his glasses off, and cleaned them with his t-shirt, and replaced them on the bridge of his nose.

“I just started to write a cliché Mary Sue fic. There’s something very, very wrong with me,” he said, his voice never wavering from its flat, technical tone.

“This is not the greatest story in the world. It’s not even a tribute to it. There’s now only one thing I can do to purge this from the world.” Spinning around in his chair, ThunderTempest picked up his bass guitar, a Warwick Fortress in chromed black from it’s stand, and plugged it into his amplifier.

The gentle buzz of vibrating strings, amplified tenfold permeated the air, and ThunderTempest made sure it was in tune.

“I’mma firin mah bass cannon!” [TIME]

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #353: “Tribute”
This is not The Greatest Fanfic in the World, no, this is just a tribute.

PreviousChapters Next