• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 7,596 Views, 138 Comments

Clanless - Rated Ponystar



It's not blood that makes the family, it's love

  • ...
32
 138
 7,596

Live Reading

A live reading of Clanless by Goomba Pony. Enjoy

Comments ( 20 )

AWESOME!!!!!

SHL

Short, but really beautiful story ^^

That was...just...wow.

As much as I love the original written version, this just brought it even more to life for me.

To the point that I still want to hunt down every single one of AJ's ungrateful former family and clan, skin them alive and nail their worthless, bigoted hides to the barn door!

Yes, even Braeburn, if he went along with the rest of those horseapples.

I'm just hoping he didn't, but it doesn't say, really.

Another thought of mine on this that makes me even madder at that lot:

And that is, when AJ confessed that she had a mare-friend, rather than a colt-friend, it didn't bother them a bit, and they were all for it, all tickled to death about it, and happy for her. What cheeses me off is the simple fact that they could (and did!) accept the news that she was going with a mare, but the very minute that she said that her love was a Pegasus, she suddenly became worse, in their (stupid) eyes than Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis and her whole danged hive, and the late, unlamented King Sombra all rolled up into one!!! Talk about a buncha hypocrites!!!

I saw this story a while ago, but unfortunately I didn't have time to read it immediately after submitted. Was a terrible mistake. This story is exceptional on many levels, despite it's undeniable simplicity. The mere idea that there is an Apple Emperor was a bit strange to me at first, but it was well integrated to the story enough to not to make it bothering for the reader. As I've said the idea is very simple, but it is its biggest strenght. Every word, for me of course, are on their places, the inner struggle of Dash was especially well written (again in my opinion as a non-writer).
Aaaand of course ... HOW THE HAY ARE YOU DOING THIS??? You know the characters soo well as if you are living with them. The lines of Applebloom was absolutely in charcater and her words really cracked me up. But then, the whole casting-out of the Apple-family becasue of pure love just hit me really hard. While reading I was wondering what would Dash do to cheer AJ up. I have to admit I didn't expect that. This marriage proposal was heartwarming, indicating Dash's pure love towards AJ. If I had to sum up this story in one word that would be beautiful. :twilightsmile:

3045586
Thanks! Always great to hear from you!

3814983
Written before that episode

Beautifully sad story. I absolutely love it! :ajsmug::heart::rainbowkiss:

I should write a semi-sequel to this if that is ok with you.

5388534
Pm me the idea and we will see

I have written a review of this story; it can be found here.

5778273
I had a feeling you wouldn't like it, but thanks for the review :)

5778371
Well, given that the other option for the naming scheme for my reviews was "TD Hates Everything"... :trixieshiftright:

But you're welcome. Have a good one!

5778398
I see you actually criticize a lot in my work. Is there anything I made you do really like? I'm just curious :)

5778403
I'm following Little Sun, Aftermath of a Falling Star, and Why Am I Crying?. I liked Our Tree. The Assassination of Twilight Sparkle was interesting, and I liked Treating Her Right, though I don't really remember it very well at this point.

I originally followed you because of One More Shot, IIRC (which is on my favorites list) but I unfollowed you at some point because I realized I kept marking all of your stuff as "Read It Later" instead of actually, you know, reading it. I kind of figured that if I'm never reading anything you're posting, I'm not really much of a follower.

I actually read Clanless ages ago, and was going back through stories and was trying to remember why I didn't end up voting on it (I still haven't; it got a no-vote), and thought I might as well review it because, well, why not? It is kind of habitual at this point for me to review everything I read.

I was pretty sure this was going to be about them being lesbians....I was wrong.... :rainbowderp:

Very powerful story written with true feeling.
Good work!

Good works can be enjoyed long after their year. This is a good work! :ajsmug:
The twist surely got me as well, admittedly...

Login or register to comment