• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 15,706 Views, 4,420 Comments

The Captain of Mining - Raybony



Jordan (AKA CaptainSparklez) gets sent to Equestria after a weird incident with his modded survival. And the only way to get back is to find the missing elements of Harmony, scattered in different dimensions.

  • ...
77
 4,420
 15,706

Challenge Accepted!

Jordan was on his living space, planning out his work for his computer science class. He was doing some final formulas when he heard the electronic beeping, announcing a message over his messenger.

Moving away from his work, he went to check the new message. As he went to open it, he noticed that the return address was blank, which was weird to him as all messages were to hold a name of who sent them. But he shrugged it off thinking it was just some kind of anonymous message.

Clicking on the message, a window opened up showing some minecraft images of some interesting terrains of hills and forests, he could see mobs of new designs resembling horses for the new update that was to come, although they seemed to be have a larger variety of color in their body design, as well as their hair.

After contemplating the artistic design of the new world that was presented in front of him, he turn his view to read the message attached, reading Hello Captain, I got a fun challenge for you, that is if you accept.

The memory then began diffusing, his vision being replaced by blackness as it enveloped him. He felt cold for some reason now, like all the warmth of the room had being sucked out, and replaced by this chill of the underworld.

He started walking, hoping to find someone or something that would help him out of this place. He kept on walking for what felt like hours, the cold chill still on the air as it pass right through his skin to his very soul. Just when he was about to give up, he caught something from the corner of his eye as it somehow shined on the everlasting darkness.

Looking towards it, he came face to face with the amulet of the easter egg, as another six lights floated on top of it like a beacon.

If you want to go back to your world, then you will need to collect all the Element of Harmonies and bring them to me. I will await in Vethea, until then, have fun surviving with one life.

Jordan flinched at the mysterious ethereal voice, but he didn’t have time to respond to it as he suddenly felt himself falling. Fear started to come to him as seconds pass, falling down in the darkness which seemed to have no end.

Looking down, he spotted nothing as he kept falling, until a faint light could be seen, closing every second as it strained his vision. As the light enveloped him, he started to hear voices, disfigured as his senses were starting to come back.

He could feel the soft texture of a mattress under him as his body rested on it, he then started opening his eyes next, closing them quickly when the light stung his unadjusted eyes. Trying again, he managed to see clearly as he saw a wooden oak ceiling, looking to his side he spotted a window that looked out to a small town with a Shakespearian-style architecture. Well fancy that, didn’t think people still made houses like this

Getting up off the bed that he was resting on, he had a better look at his surroundings as he saw that the walls and floors were also made of the same oak wood as the ceiling. Guess people really like old-style households.

He kept on looking around, seeing all the bookshelves as well as the table with scrolls with ink and quills on top. He noticed a small door at one end which he assumed was the way into the room and out.

Deciding that he had enough, he started to get off the bed to walk out. That’s when he noticed his clothes were different from the ones he normally wore, his sneakers were replaced by a set of smooth black and white dress shoes; his jeans were now a pair of black silk trousers which were held by a leather belt of the same colour.

Looking at his upper body, he noticed that he had a tuxedo jackett with his white shirt unbuttoned a bit at the top. Thats when he noticed that his skin had a light tan colour, which confused him as he didn’t remember going to get a suntan, or using tan spray.

He just shook his head, thinking that it was just his mind playing tricks on him. Thats when he noticed a pair of thin shades on an end table, the red frame standing out from the light colour wood.

Wow, they kind of look like something my Minecraft avatar would wear Then he starting remembering how his avatar looked. Black shoes, black pants with a belt and a tuxedo... jacket...

His mind went from amusement to full-on fear as he now was looking for the closest reflective surface that he could find, which was a night-stand with a mirror at the other side of the room. Running towards it he gave a good look at his face, with dark azure eyes looking back.

At this point he had lost any sense of amusement or fun that he normally had, now all he had was disbelief and terror at the impossible transformation that he was now seeing. “What the hell happened to me?!” he said with a little bit of panic on his voice.

Thats when he heard stomps on the wood just outside the door, signaling him of someone coming towards him. With the fear of finding out about him changing form, he could only think of hiding from whoever was coming.

Running towards the bed he had been using he leapt to the other side and tried to squish himself under it, in hopes that they wouldn’t think he had left the room and run off somewhere, if anywhere.

He heard the doorknob click as it was being opened from the other side, the hinds creaking a bit as it slowly swung open. “Ya sure you heard somethin’ sugarcube? Cause Ah didn’t hear anything.” He heard a girl say as multiple steps sounded now inside the room.

“I’m telling you AJ, I heard running coming from here and, hey! Where did he go?” Twilight wondered as she and Applejack entered the room.

“Well he must still be in the room, you did lock the window and the door was locked as well, so don’t worry about it.” Rainbow Dash said as she hovered around the room, looking for the human, as Twilight explained them.

Jordan was now even more scared at the moment, it seemed that he was being held captive, but that didn’t explain how he had been changed. Jordan, you have to calm down, think how do you get out of here. He thought to himself as to how he could get out of this.

“Hi there.”

“Arrrrgh” Jordan screamed at the top of his lungs as a pair of bright blue eyes appeared in front of his face, making him get out of his hiding place (if you could call a bed a hiding place). Now out in the open, he saw his supposed captors, only to feel confused and amused at their appearance.

They seemed to have round heads with pointy ears and large eyes, they had bright colour for fur and their hair all in different styles and colours. He looked at them for a few more seconds before laughing. “Oh God, large colorful cats, what a joke! hahaha.” He said as he held his sides as he laughed at the scene.

“Cats!? Are you blind or something? We are ponies, how can you mix those two up?” the rainbowed maned pegasus said with a ticked-off face at her species resemblance.

Jordan looked at the one that just spoke, now noticing the wings, but ignoring the fact that it could talk, enjoying the situation now. “Oh I’m sorry, but you look so... I don’t know, cute, I guess,” he said as he started to stand up.

Rainbow rolled her eyes at the compliment, not really caring since it came from some other species. “Yeah whatever, just don’t call me a cat again.”

Out of the group Fluttershy was the first to step out of the group, which surprised some of her friends, but didn’t show it.“H-hi, my name is F-Fluttershy, it’s nice to meet you Mister...?” She stopped there, not sure if it would be rude to call it by its species name, since it was sapient.

Jordan looked at the one who had spoke to him, feeling a sense of security and maternal warmth coming off her. He stopped to ponder about her question, not sure if it was safe to tell them his name, since there was still the chance that he was a prisoner, plus he wasn’t sure if he could trust them yet.

Thinking quickly, he came up with the first name that he could remember. “Sparklez, My name is Captain Sparklez.” He responded with a smile on his face, his worries now gone from when he woke up.

In response Fluttershy smiled to him, “It’s so nice to meet you.”

Seeing as her friend had befriended Sparklez, Twilight decided to step-up next. “Hello, Sparklez, my name is..”

“Twilight Sparkle, right?” Jordan finished for her, as he looked at her with a smile.

Twilight was taken aback for a moment, not thinking for him to know her name. “How did you know?”

Sparklez, as he will go by for now, looked at Twilight as he petted Fluttershy. “I kind of remember our first meeting when I heard your name from one of your friends.” he said with a little chuckle in his voice.

“Oh, that was kind of embarrassing I should say.” Twilight said as she rubbed the back of her neck. She then remember the events after that. “Can I ask you something?”

Sparklez looked at her with a friendly smile “Sure go for it“

Her horn started glowing with her magic, and after a few seconds a piece of jewelry came through the door, drawing the attention of Sparklez. “Do you know what this is?” She asked as the jewel floated next to her.

Sparklez looked at it confused for a second, then it hit him. “Hey, that looks like the DisHarmony Stone of the game.!” He said surprise at seeing the amulet be here with him.

“So you know what it is, I told you Twilight, he means trouble, and did you hear how he called it? I don’t trust him.” Rainbow said as she hovered in the air, not doing anything for the moment but ready in case she was needed.

“Wait, a game? Oh, is it like Pin the Tail on the Pony, or maybe a board game, or something new and cool?” Pinkie Pie said as she bounced in front of Sparklez, her face screaming eagerness and joy through a smile that seemed ready to rip her head apart.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now hang on a second there, I don’t want to cause any trouble here. Heck, I don’t even know where I am,” Sparklez said. It didn’t take a genius to tell that some tension was building up.

“Oh ignore Rainbow, darling, she has always been impetuous when it comes to matters like this.” Rarity said as she got a glare from the prismatic mare. “But where are my manners? My name is Rarity, and I have to say, you have quite the taste in fashion. Elegant, yet casual,” the white unicorn said in a high class fashion.

Sparklez looked unsure around this one, she was a bit too, posh? But being the gentleman that he is, he answered her back. “Thank you, and your hair looks well on you.” Just how can she get it to look like that?

Rarity waved at him dismissible, taking the kind compliment. “Why thank you, I take good care of it to make it look this fabulous” Her horn started glowing a cyan colour, as the shades on the end table were surrounded as well and brought towards Sparklez. “I believe these are yours, and I think they will go splendidly with the rest of your clothes.”

“Thanks.” He took hold of the shades and proceeded to put them on, but when he did, his vision was filled with something else. “W-what?” In his field of vision he could now see a faint crosshair and a small row of nine squares underneath his vision and a thin bar on top of it, and next to it a set of blue orbs which rested on the top of his vision.

He removed the glasses quickly and his vision returned to normal.

“Sparklez, are you ok? You seem a bit disturbed.” Twilight asked in concern as she saw his action after putting the glasses on.

“Y-yeah, I’ll be ok. Just a bit surprised that’s all.” He proceeded to put the glasses back on, this time prepared for when the small HUD appeared again. This time he noticed something was in one of the squares, a note of sorts.

Seeing this he wondered how he could get it, as he didn’t know how to get to it. So he did the most common thing, search his pockets. When he reached for his left pocket he noticed that the first square highlighted on his hud .When he reached for the right one, the far square to the right highlighted this time. Well this is mighty interesting.

“Sparklez, what are you doing?” Twilight asked as she saw him searching his pockets.

“I think I have something, but I can’t find it. Just where the hell can it be?” He started reaching to see for any back pockets, when he noticed the squares highlighting from right to left as he moved it back.

He stopped where he could see the note, and to his surprise, he could start feeling like a pouch forming on his belt, opening it he reached inside and felt a piece of paper which somehow stayed intact. Taking it out, he surprised some of the ponies. “What does it say?”

Reading the note, Sparklez said out loud for all the room to hear him. “Dear friends, I think you have already meet Captain Sparklez, and I’m sure you are wondering why he is here. To keep it short, he is the only key for you on getting back your precious Elements.” This drew some gasps from the ponies.

“And they are scattered about within the dimension from where he comes from, so if you want them back, you will have to play for it. And you Sparklez, remember that you need them if you want to get back. Have fun.” Sparklez looked at the ponies, with a confused faced. “Elements amadohicky? What was it talking about?”

“It must be talking about the Elements of Harmony, but what did it mean by other dimensions?” Twilight said as she was trying to decipher the meaning of the message. Looking out the window, she noticed that the sun was quickly setting and the moon of Luna would rise soon. “We can discuss this in the morning, it is getting pretty late.”

Everyone else looked towards the window, seeing the descending sun. “Umm, Twilight. Is it ok if Sparklez stays with me tonight? I mean, if it’s not a problem that is.” She said looking at the human with a shy look.

“Well I don’t have a problem with it, gives me an excuse to see what’s around. I sure do love sightseeing.” Sparklez said as he rubbed the head of Fluttershy, making her smile at being with a new friend.

Twilight wasn’t so sure about it, having a new creature roam around could cause some panic, or some insecurity among the residents. But dismissed the thought when she remember the event with Zecora, making the rest of the town more accepting of new races or species.

“Ok just make sure nothing bad happens you two.” She said with a hint of worry on her voice.

“Don’t worry, what is the worst thing that could happ-”

“DON’T JINX IT!” Interrupted Pinkie as she grabbed Sparklez by the collar. “Don’t say it, please, please don’t!”

Sparklez was taken aback by the sudden change of attitude from Pinkie Pie. “O-kay then, I won’t?” Like if flicking a switched she reverted back to her hyperactive demeanour with a “Okey-Dokey-Lokey.”

“She reminds me of Nick(NFENvids) and Adam(SkyDoesMinecraft), so random, well, not like this.” Sparklez said as he watched Pinkie Pie bounce to the door of the room.

“Who?” Fluttershy asked, having hear him speak to himself.

“Just some guys I know, don’t worry about it. Besides, don’t we need to get going?” He said, as he pointed with a thumb towards the door as he proceeded to walk towards it.

“Oh right, sorry.” She said as she went to catch up with him.

Watching as everyone started to leave, she wondered about the message, it seemed that whoever had written that note knew Sparklez before them, but how was that possible.

“Hey Twilight, why is that human leaving? I thought you were gonna keep an eye on it?” Came a voice from the door, bringing brought Twilight back to reality. There stood a small baby dragon with purple scales and green spines, and a cream-colored belly.

“Oh sorry Spike, I was but I thought that maybe keeping it here wasn’t such a good idea, considering that this is a library and ponies would most likely find him here without a problem.” She said, still a bit distracted at the context of a human being here in Equestria.

“Umm okay then, do you still want me to send a message to the Princess about it?” He asked as he was looking at Twilight’s odd behavior.

“Yes, take a note” She said as Spike brought out a scroll and a quill, “Dear Princess Celestia...”

Author's Note:

So here is chapter two of the story. Feel free to comment on any issues about the chapter, as I feel I didn't capture Sparklez's personality on this one.

Thanks to my new editor CaptainSanchez, for helping me make this story better.

In case you are still wondering about Sparklez appearance, he still looks human, but has the apperance of his Minecraft avatar.