• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 13,313 Views, 1,365 Comments

Ascended - BlackWing



2 Years after the events of Monster, 1 year after the epilogue. Sequel. Firebolt fan character.

  • ...
62
 1,365
 13,313

Preparation (22)

Preparation

After the two weeks of activities, the exhausted trio lay in bed, wrapping each other in their wings, like a massive blanket.

"I love you two, you know that?" Nightshade whispered. Rainbow and Fluttershy simply gave him a kiss, on on each cheek.

"Hey Shade, do you think, maybe, I ....um...." Rainbow seemed nervous.

"What is it? It's not like you to stumble on your words." He asked.

"Do you think I could get married with you and Fluttershy?" She spat out.

"Are you proposing to us Dashie?" Fluttershy mocked, but sweetly so.

"I guess I am." She said meekly, in a manner that was more like Dash's yellow friend than herself. Shade and Shy looked to each other, and nodded in unison.

"We're going to be spending the rest of our lives together, I don't see why not." He replied, to which Rainbow said, 'Yay'.

Dash had been dressing herself up since Shade had come back, combing her mane, and wearing hairpins to keep it tame. She had also started acting more feminine, and less like a tomboy. Fluttershy had started coming out of her shell, and began brimming with confidence. It was like a small portion of their personalities had been shared with the other, balancing them out.

"I think we all need to go to the jewelry store."


The three went to the local jewelers, where they picked out their new pieces. Nightshade had chosen the wedding bracelets that he would give to them, while Rainbow and Fluttershy picked out their gifts for him, two rings, one with a storm cloud with rainbow lightning, the other, a single pink butterfly, the two pony's cutie marks. They all had to be custom made, but it was assured that they would all be ready by the time of the wedding in one month.

"I'm so happy! This is awesome! I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and a hunk!" Rainbow bounced with glee, much like how Pinkie Pie would.

"I get to live with my best friend, and my love." Fluttershy said with a smile.

"And I get to be with the mares of my dreams." Shade added. The three of them decided to go check on Twilight.


"Awwwwwwww." Shy and Dash said in unison, seeing Twilight curled up with Big Mac, rubbing their muzzles together.

"I trust you two had fun these past two weeks?" Nightshade remarked.

"Eeyup." They replied.

"While ah ain't too happy about'cha trickin me, it was payback fer three years ago, and I'm glad I got to spend these two weeks with Twilight. It's good to finally have them feelins out in the open." Mac said.

"About time you got a special somepony. So Twi, is he any good?" Dash asked, only to receive an elbow in the side and a stern look from Fluttershy.

"Well um......" Twilight trailed off.

"You did do it right?" Dash asked.

"Well, not exactly." The unicorn said, avoiding eye contact.

"Let me get this straight, in the middle of mating season, two ponies who are madly in love with each other spent the entire time cuddling?" Shade cut them off.

"It's just, he's so strong, and calm, and it's like all my worries and excitement just melt away when he's around. It like just by having him with me, I get relaxed and stop being so nervous." Twilight explained.

"Ah guess ah jus have that effect on folk. That an she's jus way too cute. We're takin things slow, no need ta rush." Mac said.

"Well, I'm not gonna judge ya. I hope you two are happy together. Right now, we gotta go to Rarity's, and tell her to make Dash a wedding dress." Shade said.

"WHAT?" Twilight exclaimed.

"Yeah, she proposed to me and Fluttershy. We're already in the middle of planning a wedding, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it a double." He explained. The unicorn couldn't wrap her mind around it, and just went back to hugging her teddy bear of a stallion. The trio walked out, and Dash asked a strange question.

"You think they were lying?"

"Definitely."


"Oh I'm so glad you're all here, we need to go meet Pinkie Pie in the hospital." Rarity said exasperated.

"Wait what? What's wrong with Pinkie?" Shade asked.

"Oh, nothing other than having pulled muscles, she's not the injured one." She replied.

"Braeburn......"


Nightshade, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity went to the hospital to find Pinkie sitting by a bed, her mane deflated and tears in her eyes.

"Shady, I, I rode him too hard......" She said crying. Pulling back the privacy screen, he saw the stallion had his entire lower half in a cast. Looking at the x-rays, everything seemed normal, except that there was no hip or femurs. They weren't broken, they simply weren't there.

"Ground into dust I'm afraid. There's nothing left. He's never gonna walk again." The doctor said solemnly.

"The bone dust is still there right?" He asked.

"Yes, there was no point in removing it. They were ground into a fine power by miss Pie's excessive activities, and can cause no harm to the rest of his body." The doctor replied.

"I was too rough on him, and now I broke him. He's an apple, so he's tough, if it weren't for that, he coulda died!" Pinkie looked up at Nightshade with begging eyes.

"Oh, alright, I'll see what I can do." He said with a sigh. Calling on his powers, using some more of his eternal life, he made Braeburn's body repair the damaged cells, and replace the destroyed ones. Slowly but surely, the bones began to reform, taking the small shards and moving them back into place. It was exceedingly difficult, as he pretty much needed to rebuild it from scratch.

"Whew, there, all done." He said sweating. It had taken a huge amount of concentration to pull it off, but his hips and legs had reformed.

"You'll still need surgery to reattach the muscles and ligaments, but I say you'll be walking around inside of a month."

Braeburn, who had been quiet up till now, finally spoke.

"Yeehaw! I may miss planting season, but I'll be out in time for applebuck!" He whooped and hollered, bringing shushes from the other patients.

"Yeah, but from now on, Pinkie, Braeburn is on top okay? And, try to take a break now and then."

"Alright, if you say so Doctor Nightshade. I'll be okay Pinkie, you can head home now." He said mockingly.

"Umm, about that, I can't exactly walk right now........"

After walking in on Applejack and Soarin having some post season fun at the farm, they promptly left the two to themselves and headed home after leaving a note with Applebloom, telling her the changes to the wedding plans. Rarity, who didn't have anypony for mating season, had spent the time making Fluttershy's wedding dress, and now needed to work with Dash to make her's. Pinkie, who couldn't walk, and wanted to stay by Braeburn, had some art supplies delivered so she could make the wedding invites. Everything was going according to plan.


"Oh Angel, Valentine! I had no idea! Why didn't you tell me?" Fluttershy went into her cabin to check on some animals, to find four baby bunnies being cared for by Nightshade's pet. They had been so distracted that they didn't notice Valentine had been pregnant, and had delivered no more than two days ago.

"Way to go you two. You must be so happy." Shade commented. Angel was snuggling his bunnyfriend, clearly happy to be a father. Angel then went through another complex series of motions, indicating that he was indeed happy. He also used his charades to say that Fluttershy looked quite satisfied with herself, and he was happy she had been taken care of. Something along the lines of 'About time she got laid', which brought her to giggle. They headed back to his house across the path.

"So, mating season is over, but since we were taken care of pretty well, we weren't so stuck in our urges that we were still able to do our jobs. So now, instead of having catching up to do, we have some free time. What do you want to do?" Fluttershy asked. Shade and Rainbow raised their eyebrows.

"Just cause mating season is over doesn't mean we can't keep having fun. Surprisingly, after two weeks of it, I haven't gotten tired of it at all." He stated, which brought Fluttershy to blush.

"Threesome?" Dash asked, which Fluttershy responded to by nodding slightly, with her eyes behind her hair.

Well, it was a bit shorter, I wonder if you can guess where the next chapter will be? Dash wanted to marry Shade, so she proposed to the two of them. That's how it works in Equestrian society. If someone want's in on an already existing pair, the third wheel proposes to them both. So basically, Dash isn't marrying Shade, she's marrying Fluttershy AND Shade, as if they were one entity.