• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 3,176 Views, 107 Comments

My little dream girl - Slick Dash



A man is in a car crash and wakes up in Equestria. While there he develops feelings for 1 of ponies!

  • ...
10
 107
 3,176

Now it aint much to help mend a breakin' heart...

“I can’ begin to say how sorry I am for yah sugar cube.” AJ tried to put a consoling hoof on my side. I didn’t reject it but my lack of reaction didn’t encourage physical contact, so she changed her mind. We had made it to Fixit’s shop without a word, only when I went up to my car outside and leant against the bonnet did Applejack begin to speak. I didn’t bother pretending that I didn’t like the Rainbow pony, AJ obviously knew already.

“So?” I finally croaked, with a weak attempt at my usual joking demeanour. “How long have you known I have a thing for flying ponies?” It wasn’t really that funny. But the hat wearing pony obliged me and played along,
“Well in that case wha’ about Fluttershy?” she winked at me. I know she was the element of honesty, but at the same time I could have easily mistaken her for the element of kindness. Everything she had done for me was kind and helpful. I budged off of the bonnet of my car and slid to the ground leaning against the grill for support. I also shuffle to my left so Applejack could sit next to me. “Let’s just say I’ve known since that little race you had in this beauty.” AJ smiled and jerked her head towards the car as she took a seat next to me. “Now I don’t know about humans but when a colt risks his life like that, he’s usually got something to prove... to a Filly.” I couldn’t help but laugh at that, Applejack joined me in laughter, glad to see me not as morose.

“And for all the good it does, which may not seem like a lot... she feels the same.” I looked up into her emerald eyes, forcing my own not to blur with tears at the comment. She was right, it didn’t seem to do any good at all except for blowing a huge chunk of my crumbling heart away that much quicker.
“I think you mean FEALT there AJ.” I said glumly, letting my head role back down to look at my knees yet again.
“Now, I dunno...” There was something odd in her tone, I could tell she was smiling at the top of my head as I sat and moped. “I don’ think somepony would look at someone else leavin’ with such worry and carin’ on her face. Do you?” The image of Rainbow’s eyes watching me as I left the picnic seemed to burn through my vision until it was all I could see.

“Here.” I looked up at the orange country pony, she had a small bottle in her mouth. Her hat resting on my car bonnet, just above our heads. Did she carry everything in that hat? I took the bottle, and proceeded to uncork it. I closed my eyes, tilted my head back, and went to take a swig from it, but I was met by the feel of fur on my lips. Confused beyond all reason I opened my eyes to find Applejacks hoof in-between my lips and lips of the bottle.
“Wooooooohhhhhhh there sugar cube, now that aint a drink!” I moved my hand away from my face, and Applejack did the same with her hoof.
“Then...what is it?” I asked, puzzled out of my mind as I looked the clear, and familiar liquid.

“There was this unicorn in Can’erlotte, it was just on the way back from the derby. He were peddling some real silly thangs, but he also wa’ selling this for a reasonable price.” I listened tentatively at this point desperate to know what this thing was I had nearly drank. “Now you gotta understand that it’s pretty rare in Equestrai, so I dunno how genuine it is. But it’s alcohol, a lot of it. Concentrated with magic to give some real kick.” I still didn’t see why this made it undrinkable, in fact it made me want to drink it all the more, finally something in common with earth that helped me, something to numb the pain! I waited for AJ to finish speaking though, just in case there was a real reason that this stuff was dangerous. “Well with all that put together, when you burn it you get a pre’y big amount of energy. So I bought it to see if it’ll work on her!” she stood and turned to the car, taking her hat off of the yellow bonnet as she did.

The pony looked down at me and smiled with care in her eyes. “Now it aint much to help a breakin’ heart but I thought it might just cheer yah up a little.” I stood sharply, but then immediately fell to my knees so I was at her height. I embraced her tightly. I must have hugged more people in my time here than a year on earth. But it didn’t matter to me; here in this world I had become someone completely different, filled with caring, hope and joy more than any other emotions. I eventually pulled myself away from the hug. I shook the bottle in front of Applejack’s nose, and smiled at her. I took the cork and replaced it into the neck of the bottle, and placed it in my pocket.

“I’ll save it for now I think. I’ve still got half a tank. And if this stuff works, it may even give me miles seeing as its made with magic and everything!” Applejack beamed as she saw me return to being my usual exuberant and enthusiastic self. “Well,” I said, getting to my knees and opening the passenger’s door of the golden yellow car, “Hop in. They’ll realise even YOU can’t talk about apple’s for this long if wait anymore.” I winked at her. And one of my closest friends beamed at me yet again and hopped into the car.

I ran over to my own door and quickly settled myself in my old seat. It felt good to be back! I turned the key and the engine roared, met by a huge “YEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAWWW!” from my little passenger. I put my foot on the accelerator without putting it in gear, just to hear my baby purr again. Now even without the little bottle in my pocket being used on her, she sounded pretty damn magical to me! We set off in the direction of the picnic, I wasn’t too sure what to expect over the next few days, maybe id fall apart as I saw Soarin’ flying away with my dream pony. Maybe id realise that loving a pony was ridiculous (Though I hoped not!) and decided to try to get back to earth! (I hoped not even more!) But maybe, just maybe, I’d finally build up the courage to confront Rainbow. Take her into my arms, and tell her “I love you, you damned fast Pegasus!”