• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 3,178 Views, 107 Comments

My little dream girl - Slick Dash



A man is in a car crash and wakes up in Equestria. While there he develops feelings for 1 of ponies!

  • ...
10
 107
 3,178

The girls return

The girls were back! They came home screaming about how amazing the derby had been. How the flyers had spun, dived and weaved through the air so gracefully. I felt a slight pang of jealousy when they did that, I wished that I could have gone too, but oh well too late now!

We were sat in the main dining room of Sugar Cube Corner, all of us tucking into a round of fresh and delicious cupcakes! Dash wouldn’t stop talking; she went at a pace that I only expected of pinkie pie. She gave a detailed analysis of every move the Wonderbolts had done in the show, so we were there for quite a while. I didn’t really mind though, after not seeing them for a while it was nice to see what my friends had been up to while in Canterlotte. Also this was the most id ever heard Rainbow Dash talk, and definitely the most happy I had ever seen her!

She soon began to gush about how amazing each of the troop members were, most of the names I didn’t recognize but I heard the name Spitfire. She was a fire like coloured Pegasus, who seemed to be the one who always spoke to Rainbow Dash whenever she had the chance. She sounded nice. A few more names were mentioned which just passed over my head, and then she stopped suddenly. Suddenly becoming very bashful and quiet, almost ‘Fluttershy like.’ I quickly added the names in my head, 1,2,3,4,5,Spitfire,7,8,9,10.... I was sure there was at least one other Pegasus in the flying squad who she hadn’t mentioned. I swore I knew his name he was about the only other one I knew the name of besides Spitfire.

Rarity soon confirmed my suspicions before I had a chance to ask. “I believe you’re forgetting a certain special member of the Wonderbolts there Rainbow Dash.” She reached over and nudged Rainbow’s hoof with hers jokingly. I started to wonder what was with all the joking tone in her voice.
“Yeahh... well Soarin’ was also pretty cool.” She blushed deep red at this point, suddenly jumping up she looked around frantically. “I...uhhhh have to use the bathroom! Be right back!” and with that she bolted through the rest room door.
Soarin’ now I remembered why I knew his name. He was the Wonderbolt that the girls always teased about Rainbow having a crush on. Soarin’ was apparently a strikingly handsome blue Pegasus. My stomach seemed to flip upside down, why was she so nervous on the subject suddenly? Fluttershy leaned to her right towards my shoulder, at that point I ducked my head so I could hear her.

“You see, she’s a little nervous... well... because after the show, Soarin’ came and asked to have a word with her....” she smiled girlishly at the harmless gossip. While on the inside my stomach began to twist in two separate directions. I kept my outside appearance neutral (I hoped) and continued to listen to the story as Pinkie Pie took over, this time she spoke at a reasonable pace.
“Then when she came back she was all giddy and jumpy! I mean as jumpy as me after I’ve had a banana split, because I really like banana splits and they make me”-
“She was all of a bother because Soarin’ had told her he wanted to see her here in Ponyville in just under a week’s time...alone.” Rarity chirruped taking over as Pinkie Pie rambled on still about, banana splits not realising that no one was listening anymore.

If my stomach twisted any tighter it felt like it would rupture. I chuckled half heartedly, trying to keep up the facade that I wasn’t completely destroyed on the inside. I looked around at the girls, all of whom were giggling with excitement. All except for Applejack, she sat on the furthest end of the table to me. She looked straight into my eyes, and mouthed the three words, “I’m sorry darling’”
...............................................................................

It was a few hours later, for a celebration of being back home the girls organised a night time picnic to watch the stars. I tagged along begrudgingly, the lightness in my heart that id carried for the last week suddenly gone. I had my coat, but not on. I had brought it with me to Sugar Cube Corner, and we hadn’t gone home yet. The coat was slung over my shoulder as we walked up a slight hill with a tree rooted at the top of it. (a popular picnic spot for the group apparently)

As we reached the top Rarity turned to me, with a look of shock on her face. “My dear! Why aren’t you wearing your coat?! Is something wrong with it? You have bulked up a lot since you’ve been working on the farm. I should have thought of that when I was making it!” The white pony stomped her hoof into the dirt with self frustration, sending a plume of dust over her own immaculate natural coat. Realising what she had done, she immediately shook her foreleg to lose the clinging bits of dirt.

I didn’t want to upset her, so I quickly mumbled. “There’s nothing wrong with it, I’m just...not that cold.” Rarity sighed with relief, and proceeded to produce a lavender scented pillow from the basket they had brought with them, she placed herself on top of it with pride showing in her face. Applejack stood not too far away, she caught my eye and smiled at me with a “That was the right thing to do” look. I shrugged at her, moving over to the tree and leaning against it not bothering to sit down.
“Are you kidding me!” shouted Twilight from the floor looking at me with surprise. “It’s pretty cold up here! How can be ok in just that shirt?” I looked down, I was wearing the long sleeved collard one. At least my arms were shielded from the wind, but the material WAS rather thin. I still didn’t put the jacket on. I just simply folded it up carefully and placed in the now empty basket.

Soon spike had a raging fire going in the centre of out circle, and to his joy received a grateful kiss on the cheek from Rarity. Normally id laugh at the dragon’s awe filled face, but this time I simply smiled. I felt some comfort that someone was having contact with the pony he cared about. I shook my head violently to chase away the fast developing feelings of self pity, and tried my best to join in the convocations. However as the night moved on and more subjects were finished with, the convocation turned to Rainbow and what she thought Soarin’ wanted. After five minutes of this agonizing torture I was saved by Applejack who turned to me and spoke loudly so the rest of the group could hear. “I think we should go get that car o’ yours! I bet there’s still some stuff you haven’t shown us yet!”

Even if it hadn’t have been true I still would have leapt at the opportunity of escape. The other girls began to move, and before I could think something up AJ came to my rescue once again. “Naaawww! You ponies stay here, we can’t all fit in that thing anyway. I gotta talk apples with my employee anyway.” She winked at them all, and they all laughed in response before saying a quick “See you soon” before resuming their girly gossip. As me and AJ left in the direction of Fixit’s shop circling round the side of the hill, I looked up at the group sat on top. I saw someone looking down right back at me. Pink eyes, a blue coat, and a rainbow mane. I looked away again sharply, a panging feeling in my chest... as my heart began to crack and break.