• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 3,178 Views, 107 Comments

My little dream girl - Slick Dash



A man is in a car crash and wakes up in Equestria. While there he develops feelings for 1 of ponies!

  • ...
10
 107
 3,178

Open mouth, insert foot!

“HOW THE HELL DID YOU PONIES FIX THIS PEICE OF JUNK?!?!” I cried out with surprise as the blindfold was taken off my eyes to show Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy all stood around my car, now shining and glimmering in the noonday sun. Twilight chuckled as she came out from behind me placing the strip of ribbon she had used to blind me back into her saddle bag. “Well, you need a way to get around. We can all run faster than you, and you certainly have no chance of keeping up with a Pegasus on foot.” She looked up at me and smiled. I gazed upon the car, that one thing I owned other than my clothes which was from my old world, and here it stood, suddenly the most beautiful car I have ever seen! I crouch and hug the magenta pony tightly! As I do she rests a hoof over my shoulder. I then break away from her and rush to the old heap of metal and immediately do what every man does... I inspect every aspect of the car. As I looked under the bonnet to find the new cleanly polished metal of the engine, Applejack piped up.

“Well yah see, with what you’ve been telling Twilight while staying in the library, combined with Fixit’s knowhow of machinery we guessed we could fix her up for yah.”
“Fixit?” I asked confused, looking up from the gorgeous machine.
“He’s our town’s handyman!” The country pony smiled at me. “You’ve met him! Shucks you’ve met everypony here last weekend!” Now that was true, it had taken me a while to adjust to this new world. Equestria was a strange place, but also it was filled with joy and hope. Far better than that dammed dark world I came from. But after I had finally adjusted properly, Twilight had introduced me to her friends and they had soon taken a shine to me. All of which accumulated to last weekend when the ever eccentric Pinkie Pie had thrown a “Welcome to Equestria” party for me at Twilight’s library.

After my crash, and the meeting of Twilight in the forest, added to the strain my body was under with all my injuries, I had inevitably passed out. When I woke I had been lying on a soft set of cushions. Looking down I had seen most of my body covered with bandages. Combined with help from Ponnyville hospital staff, Twilight had begun healing my wounds with her magic and medicine from the helpful doctors. The reason I hadn’t been taken to the hospital itself had never been told to me but I didn’t mind. It didn’t really matter because within a week I was my old self once again. Over the next few weeks I spent most of my time inside Twilights library. In my more conscious states during my recovery she had explained how it had been her fault that I was brought here. She had been experimenting with a new spell, slightly more volatile than her usual kind. So she had headed out to the Ever Free Forest. Using a small glass orb the little unicorn had tried to use a spell to record Celestia flying over head as she brought the sun over the sky and started the new day.
“I...it was going to be a birthday gift for the princess...” she had murmured guiltily. “I...I thought it was going right, but then instead of thinking the word ‘window’ -as in something you look through- I accidently thought ‘door’ and so instead of an image for ponies to look at, I made a gateway that let you pass through it! A-and when you came through and smashed into that tree I dropped the orb...and ...it smashed.” At this point the pony had begun to cry. My right arm was completely tied to myself at the time so I hadn’t been able to comfort her at the time.

However, now that I was healed and her guilt was lessened because her accident was no longer causing me physical pain, the two of us had become reasonable friends. And those few weeks were some of the happiest I’ve ever experienced. I felt like a child again, learning all the rules and laws of this world from scratch. A lot of things were similar, gravity, biology etc. But other things were vastly different (Besides talking ponies that is!) Magic, over the fortnight Twilight had tried to help me discover if I was any good, I wasn’t. We eventually gave up, and that’s when she had introduced me to the gang. Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack and... Rainbow dash. Well let’s just say that while the others welcomed me with open arms (or hooves in this case) she hadn’t been so hospitable. When Twilight had introduced me to the multicoloured Pegasus, the winged pony had been very cold and quiet towards me. After a long awkward exchange of barely any information, Rainbow had muttered something about a storm needing moving out of the way of Ponyville. As she had flown off, I had followed her with my eyes until she passed behind a cloud and left my sight. I wasn’t sure what the matter was, but my stomach felt slightly strange whenever it came to thinking of that moment.

As I sat in the driver’s seat of the newly repaired car I looked through the dazzlingly clear windshield and looked at the ponies before me. As I had suspected, Rainbow hadn’t come. But I put that slightly sombre thought out of my mind, I didn’t want to look ungrateful in front of my new friends. I smiled at them all, glad to have such caring friends after only a few weeks staying here. Twilight had written to the princess to see if anything could be done to send me home, but the reply had been less than hopeful. The princess did promise to research the matter as best she could however. So for now I just had to enjoy my time here in Ponyville while I could.

“G’ ‘head!” yelled Applejack, “Start it up! I wanna see how you use that dang thing! I’ been waiting since we went to get it from the forest!” The other girls shared the same anticipated expression on their faces. So I reached for the keys, and turned them. Perhaps it was because I’d been away from anything in my own world, or maybe because I had grown to miss this little bucket of bolts, but when the engine roared into life, it sounded louder than ever before! The gang jumped slightly at the sudden noise, but as they watched they looked on in awe as I began to move the car towards the main road surrounding ponyville. “This road goes in a full circle right?” I asked the group through the window –which received an entranced “Ooooh” as I pressed the button and let the window roll down electrically- Twilight was the one who answered.
“Yes, it just goes round and comes back here, there are a few side roads off it, but yes it’s a circle. Why do you ask?” I winked at the purple unicorn.
“Oh you’ll see” I coiled the window back up. I slowly got a feel for the pedals: testing for their perfect place to start the car moving fast. I found it quickly, and took the hand break off, with a screech of wheels on the dirt track road I was off!

The car handled as better than before, it almost felt as though it nearly drove itself. I pelted around the town quickly, whizzing past bystander ponies that looked on in awe at the powerful machine. I rounded the final corner fast approaching my starting point. I could see the girls were cheering me one. Apple jack was reared on her hind legs, waving her forelegs in delight. Rarity had sat down on her haunches and was applauding quietly and gracefully with her forehooves, as was her friend Fluttershy. And Twilight and Pinkie were jumping up and down on the spot, their eyes closed, their mouths smiling broadly, both cheering so loud that I could hear them through the closed doors of my car. But as I came close to where I began and I started to apply the brakes, I saw her, a flash in my rear view mirror startled me, and as I looked into it I saw Rainbow Dash fast approaching me. By the look in her eye’s she wanted to catch up with me. That strange feeling grew in my stomach again, was it nerves? No. It was something else, but with it grew a need to impress the cold Pegasus. I took my foot off of the brake and put it down hard on the accelerator, I began to pull off again, following the tracks I had made on my first circuit around the town. I looked back into the mirror, and saw Rainbow smile eagerly. Well, at least we share something, a need to race!

We followed the path I had taken before, but the Pegasus fast gained up and flew alongside the driver’s side window. She looked in as we turned a corner, I looked back and smiled, not really expecting anything back from the pony who had obviously avoided me earlier. But to my shock and surprise, she smiled and winked at me. The look took be by such surprise, I didn’t see the last corner approaching. I looked just in time to realise I wouldn’t make the turn at such a speed I slammed my foot on the brakes, the sudden change in speed catapulted Rainbow into the lead. I made the turn –just barely- and then put my foot down to catch up, but it was too late, I saw the rainbow pony reach the starting point and land beside Twilight. No longer rushing, my thunder most likely stolen, I rolled the car to a halt in front of the gang and stopped. To my surprise they rushed to the vehicle, screaming their approval at how much they loved watching me drive. I smiled at them all, but I then looked over their heads to the rainbow pony. She had a slight frown on her face, but when she saw I was watching she blushed and looked away quickly. The girls began to calm down and started to talk to each other once again. Twilight moved towards me, probably to go back to the library. But before she could reach me, I rushed up to Rainbow Dash, determined to speak to her properly this time.

Twilight watched me as I did and as she watched me she smiled, hoping that we could talk to one another properly and put whatever problem’s the Pegasus had behind us. Unbeknownst to me however, the little purple unicorn’s heart panged slightly with the slightest hint of jealousy. I reached Rainbow, she didn’t look back around at me but simply kept looking at the ground. “Now THATS what I call speed!” smile at her, she looked up and smiled sheepishly.
“Yeah well I AM Equestria’s best young flyer you know.” She rubbed the back of her mane with her right hoof nervously. I didn’t realise, but I was doing the same thing with my right foot, inadvertently scratching the back of my shin with it. I grabbed hold of the topic and went with it.
“The BEST flyer? How do you know that, win a competition or something?” I had put a sarcastic spin on the question, trying to make it a joke. But the Pony looked at me with surprise at my tone, and then that surprise turned into a glare.
“Actually I DID win a competition!” With that she turned in a huff and bolted off into the sky. I stood there for a moment, dumbstruck at my own stupidity. We had actually been speaking to each other normally, she had actually seemed to at least not dislike me but then I had to go and put my big foot in my mouth. If she hadn’t already, she probably disliked me now after my comment.

I turned to see Twilight watching from a slight distance, her expression was hard to read. Then again a lot of ponies faces were hard to read though very similar to a humans face in this world, the muzzle and ears made it little harder to decipher what they are thinking. She moved over towards me, she half smiled at me. “Don’t worry, Rainbow can just be a little...brash sometimes, just give her time and you’ll realise she’s the best friend anyone could ask for!” her smile widened, and I returned what I hoped was a reasonable imitation. Well it at least seamed to please her, and so the two of us made our way back to the library.