• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 786 Views, 5 Comments

The Forgotten Sisters - Flaming Pulsar



Celestia has 2 other sisters that must go on an adventure to find the Stones of Power to defeat a foe that will certainly show himself again.

  • ...
12
 5
 786

Chapter 8--Flagra

Author's Note:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/102xnzynXsdIid1g9Iw2CVptVcx8SfE-O-saTO63vYQc/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, I wrote in the entire wedding ceremony. Why? Because why not? (Also, I need some filler so...wedding!)

Chapter 8--Flagra

The next few months went off without a hitch. Celestia met White Feather at the Summer Sun Celebration and she actually started liking him. They were even seen kissing at Luna and Solar Flare’s rather unconventional wedding. It was now time for Starswirl and Sapphire Silver’s wedding. With each of the princesses as bridesmaids and Clover as Starswirl’s best man, most of the people who were in the ceremony were rather surprised to learn who the maid of honor was.

“Who’s this Flagra person I’ve heard nothing about?” Celestia asked Sapphire as they were getting ready for the ceremony.

“She’s my best friend and she introduced me to Starswirl,” Sapphire said.

“You do remember what my father told us about not trusting anyone so I’m sure you can understand why I’m asking.”

“Of course. But I assure you that I’ve known her for 300 years. I trust her completely despite not knowing much about her life before meeting me.”

“I find that somewhat suspicious but I think she’s probably fine. Are you ready?”

“I think so.”

“Then let’s go.” Celestia led her out of the dressing room and into the anteroom of the ceremony room where the rest of the princesses and Flagra were waiting. The princesses went to take their places at the altar leaving the bride with Flagra and Iron Chain whom she had chosen to be her escort.

As the music began, the grand doors were opened and Sapphire walked down the aisle with Iron Chain at her side and Flagra behind her to hold the train. Starswirl was waiting at the altar with Clover at his side. The princesses were waiting on the other side where Sapphire was supposed to be. As they approached the altar, Flagra walked up to her place and the ceremony began.

“Dearly beloved,” Temporus began, “we are gathered here on this glorious November evening to join this mare and this stallion in matrimony, which is an honorable estate, instituted of The Royal Family of Equestria signifying unto us the mystical union betwixt all sentient beings and the beauty of nature: which sentient beings are tasked with caring for and protecting nature and as nature is responsible for providing for all beings and is commended by all to be honorable among all lifeforms: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of the world. Into this estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If anyone can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace.”

Speaking to the couple he continued, “I require and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that if any persons are joined together other than as my word doth allow, their marriage is not lawful.”

Speaking now to everyone he said, “The Royal Family of Equestria, if any of them have reason to doubt the lawfulness of the proposed marriage, may now demand sufficient surety for their indemnification.”

He then turned back to the couple and said, “Starswirl the Bearded, Duke of Equestria, do you take this mare to be thy wife, to live together after Equestria’s ordinance in the estate of matrimony? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?”

“I do,” Starswirl said.

“And do you Sapphire Silver take this stallion to be thy husband, to live together after Equestria’s ordinance in the estate of matrimony? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?”

“I do,” Sapphire said.

“Who giveth this mare to be married to this stallion?”

“Her dear friend, Iron Chain,” Iron chain said as Sapphire took her place at the altar in front of Starswirl.

“Starswirl, please repeat after me. I, Starswirl...”
“I, Starswirl...” he repeated.
“...take thee Sapphire…”
“...take thee Sapphire…”
“...to be my wedded wife…”
“...to be my wedded wife…”
“...to have and to hold from this day forward…”
“...to have and to hold from this day forward…”
“...for better, for worse…”
“...for better, for worse…”
“...for richer, for poorer…”
“...for richer, for poorer…”
“...in sickness and in health…”
“...in sickness and in health…”
“...to love and to cherish…”
“...to love and to cherish…”
“...till death due us part, according to Equestria’s lawful ordinance…”
“...till death due us part, according to Equestria’s lawful ordinance…”
“...and thereto I plight thee my troth.”
“...and thereto I plight thee my troth.”
“Sapphire, please repeat after me. I, Sapphire…”
“I, Sapphire…” she repeated.
“...take thee Starswirl…”
“...take thee Starswirl…”
“...to be my wedded husband…”
“...to be my wedded husband…”
“...to have and to hold from this day forward…”
“...to have and to hold from this day forward…”
“...for better, for worse…”
“...for better, for worse…”
“...for richer, for poorer…”
“...for richer, for poorer…”
“...in sickness and in health…”
“...in sickness and in health…”
“...to love and to cherish…”
“...to love and to cherish…”
“...till death due us part, according to Equestria’s lawful ordinance…”
“...till death due us part, according to Equestria’s lawful ordinance…”
“...and thereto I plight thee my troth.”
“...and thereto I plight thee my troth.”
“Do we have the rings?” White Feather’s younger brother, Black Wing stepped forward with the rings and Temporus took them. “With these rings I thee wed in the name of the Unicorn, the Pegasus, and the Earth Pony. Let us now bless this marriage. Oh Eternal Nature, creator and preserver of all life, Giver of all spiritual grace; send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this stallion and this mare, whom we bless in thy name; that they, living faithfully together, may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws.”
He continued to the audience, “Forasmuch as Starswirl and Sapphire have consented together in wedlock, and have witnessed the same before Mother Nature and this company, and thereto have given and pledged their troth, each to the other, and have declared the same by giving and receiving a ring, and by joining hooves; I pronounce that they are Stallion and Wife, in the name of the Unicorn, and of the Pegasus, and of the Earth Pony.
Nature in the form of the Unicorn, Nature in the form of the Pegasus, Nature in the form of the Earth Pony, bless, preserve, and keep you; Mother Nature mercifully with her favor look upon you, and fill you with all spiritual benediction and grace; that ye may live so together in this life, that in the world to come ye may have life everlasting. You may now seal this marriage with the traditional kiss.” The couple kissed and the crowd celebrated. “Please join us in the ballroom for the reception.”
They all walked over to the ballroom where Celestia was able to talk to Flagra. “So, Flagra,” she said, “Sapphire said that you are an old friend of hers.”
“That’s right, Princess Celestia,” the fiery-haired red unicorn said. “I’ve known her all my life.”
“Please, there are no need for titles.”
“I find that refreshing. I never know which title I should use in any given situation.”
“Oh, you are a noble?”
“Yes, I am both a Duchess and a Countess.”
“Where do you hail from?”
“I’m afraid I can’t tell you that. The events of my past carry with them far to much information which could be dangerous if it is spread.”
“That is quite intriguing but I will respect your privacy. You said that you have known Sapphire all your life yet she says that she has only known you for 300 years. Would you care to explain?”
“Well, she doesn’t yet know it but she has known me since I was born, or at least she will have.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“I can’t tell you that. I’ve already said to much. As a time traveler I really need to learn when to stop talking.”
“Time traveler? By chance do you know a stallion who calls himself The Doctor?”
“As I’ve said, I can’t tell you any more. Yes I know The Doctor but I cannot answer any more questions.”
“Just one more: how do you know Sapphire?”
“Let’s just say I’m a long-lost relative of hers.” As Flagra walked off, Celestia pondered what that might mean.
Then the clinking of a spoon on a glass made her aware that she needed to take her seat. Temporus stood up and said, “The bride and the groom would like to say a few things.”
The couple rose and Starswirl began, “First, I would like to thank all of you for sharing this momentous occasion with us.”
“Furthermore,” Sapphire continued, “as you all know by now, I am expecting a darling foal come this December. After a recent visit with the doctor, we are pleased to announce that it is a filly! And we have decided to name her after our dear friend Flagra. Now, without further ado, please enjoy the festivities.”
As everyone went back to the party, Celestia once again found Flagra. “Why do I get the feeling that Sapphire naming her foal after you is no coincidence?” she asked.
“Because it isn’t,” Flagra answered.
“You’re not going to try to deny it?”
“Don’t you remember the Discordian Naming Theory? It states that Discord, the immortal god of chaos, in the creation of the alicorns, forethought each name of them and whispered the names into the minds of the parents. After the Discordian War, despite his suspected defeat, it is believed that even after the split of the alicorns into the three pony races, he still whispers the names of the foals to each expecting parent.”
“So you’re saying that, rather than the simple answer of you being their daughter, you think that I’m gullible enough to believe that Discord had planned out each name of every pony that ever is, was, or will be? And what purpose might preplanning the names of an entire race serve?”
“How should I know? Discord is completely insane, who knows why he does anything?”
“Fair point, but I still don’t trust you very much.”
“You’ll come to trust me in time. When I am an old mare, I will tell you everything. But until then, I can only do what I’ve been sent to this time period to do.”
“And what might that be?”
“Again, I can’t tell you. But it is important that I get to know Clover?”
“Why do you need to meet Clover?”
“Why are you so good at asking questions that I can’t answer? All you need to know is that the fate of humanity depends on Clover and me meeting.”
“Sounds intense, but why are you trying to save humanity?”
“Because humans are our only hope to defeat Discord. Listen, I’ve already told you way more than you should know so just leave me alone and let me do what I need to do.”
“Fine. But if you need my help, it comes with the price of you telling me everything.”
“It’s a good thing I don’t need your help then.”
As she walked away, Celestia couldn’t help but wonder what role Flagra played in this huge temporal anomaly that was only just beginning to play out.