• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 786 Views, 5 Comments

The Forgotten Sisters - Flaming Pulsar



Celestia has 2 other sisters that must go on an adventure to find the Stones of Power to defeat a foe that will certainly show himself again.

  • ...
12
 5
 786

Chapter 5--Princess Luna

Author's Note:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lUxgdFqKl58pDk8y6va_0KVEin4RWpudtWG2nWoFyE4/edit?usp=sharing

Drunk Luna is best pony. Also, slurred speach self-tested.

Chapter 5--Princess Luna

“Come on Luna, it’s time to begin the night,” Celestia called to her younger sister.

“I am coming dear sister,” Luna replied. “Though I still fail to understand why we keep up this illusion that we, in truth, are in control of the sun and moon.”

“Haven’t Mother and Father told you? It’s to ensure our place as rulers of the kingdom.”

“Yes but why must we hold that dominating position? Would it not be more beneficial if the ponies were self-governed.”

They were in the halls on their way to the ceremonial balcony where they jumped into the air and pretended to change the day to night and back again.

“Perhaps, but to create a new form of government requires large amounts of time and planning. Otherwise it could easily fall into anarchy.”

“I suppose that makes sense. But why must I be the one in charge of the night while everyone else is sleeping?”

“Well, consider this: it would be quite odd for a midnight blue pony such as yourself to govern the day must as it would be unusual for a white pony such as I to govern the night. Also, I was born first so I got first choice.”

“That’s hardly fair but I suppose it makes sense.”

“Now then, shall we?”

They had arrived at the ceremonial balcony to perform their ritual. Below them were the many Canterlotians that had come out for the nightly news and to watch the ceremony.

Luna stepped forward to address the citizens. “Good evening, Canterlotians. As always, it brings me great pleasure to bring forth the night.” That’s a lie. “Without further ado, let us hear what my sister, our dear Princess Celestia has to say about the goings on in the nation.”

“Citizens, I am pleased to bring an end to yet another peaceful day in Equestria. As I am sure you all know, the Summer Sun Celebration is in just over a week. I hope you have all been getting plenty of sleep so you may take part in the annual tradition of staying up all night to watch the sunrise. And as always, you have no reason to fear the night as our dear Princess Luna is always watching over you. And now, as I have no more to say, we shall begin the night.”

They got into position and Celestia flew into the air as the sun setted and Luna flew into the air as the full moon rose. The citizens watched in awe as the ceremony progressed until finally the sun was down and the moon was up.

“Have a safe night everyone,” Luna said as ponies started filing out of the town center. The sisters went back inside and Luna wished Celestia a good night. “And once again, I’m alone at night. This is becoming a tiresome endeavor. If only there were some sort of technological advancement that I could use to occupy my time. Perhaps some sort of worldwide net of information with some locations for entertainment where one could access a number of quick-flip paintings or even play some sort of game. There would be places solely for information too where people could find information about anything they want to know about and others that already know about the subject could provide their knowledge. And it could all be accessed from a device that one could purchase and provide power to. The only rule to this Worldwide Interweb is that no one would be allowed to put any kind of sexual images or implications on it.” She turned around to notice that the captain of her royal guard was standing there. “Ah, Solar Flare. How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to hear your brilliant idea. You should submit it to the unicorn tower to see if they can make it happen,” he said.

“Well, I am glad someone appreciates my ideas. Now then, what is on the agenda for the night?”

“The usual.”

“And by that you mean go to the Shady Sneak, get drunk and pass out until morning?”

“Essentially, yes.”

“You know that we need to be careful, right? My parents know not about our relationship and I am almost certain there would be repercussions of some sort if they were to find out.”

“If they find out. All we have to do is keep it a secret.”

“For how long though? Certainly circumstances could arise that would cause them to find out.”

“Circumstances such as what?”

“Well, I am certain they would know something is awry if i were pregnant.”

“True, but what are the chances of that happening?”

She gave him a flat stare and said “This is us you are talking about.”

“Fair point. If only there were some sort of protective barrier that could prevent pregnancies even when the mare is in heat. Perhaps something that could be placed over the stallion’s phoenix to prevent the semen from entering the mare’s phoenix nest.”

“There is no need for euphemisms with me though your idea does seem like a good one. My only concern is that it might subtract from the pleasure that is to be had.”

“Perhaps, but in time, better models will be made to restore the pleasure and possibly even heighten it.”

“Well, in any case, it shouldn’t matter right now as I am not in heat but it is something to consider in the future. Shall we go then?”

“Indeed let’s.”

They walked through the streets of Canterlot before coming to a dark alley. It probably looked rather suspicious for two ponies to walk into a dark ally in the middle of the night but considering one of them was a princess and the other was the captain of her guard, the conspicuousness of the situation was probably lessened. As they came to the end of the alley, they approached a brick wall. Luna stuck her horn in a magically hidden hole in the wall and performed some magic. A door opened up in the wall to allow them to enter.

“Ah, Princess Luna, Captain Solar Flare,” the bouncer, Tiny, greeted them. “I was beginning to think our most loyal customers weren’t showing up tonight.”

“Tiny, I thought i told you that I do not like the use of formalities in here. This is a place where everyone is treated equally,” Luna said. “And besides, we would never miss Thirsty Thursday.”

“And my are we thirsty,” Solar Flare added. They walked up to the counter. “What’s the special for tonight, AC?”

“It’s the latest and greatest from my apple cellar. I’ve been working tirelessly to perfect my cider recipe and I think I’ve finally done it. You wanna try some?” the bartender, AC, asked.

“We shall each have a mug,” Luna said as she got her bit pouch out.

“Put your money away. You know the first drink is always free.” He gave them the drinks.

“To another good night,” Solar Flare said.

They toasted and downed the cider. “This is quite good,” Luna said. “What’s your recipe?”

“It’s a family secret,” AC said.

“I thought you said it was a new recipe.”

“Well, I’m making it a family secret. A recipe this good should only be shared among a select few. Imagine if everyone had the recipe. I’d be run out of business.”

“You make a valid point. Very well. Have us another round.”

And so they drank on and on until AC cut them off.

“Ah, c’m’n AC. W’re havin’ saw m’ch fun. Jus’ one m’re r’und,” Luna almost incoherently begged the bartender.

“I’m sorry, Luna but if I played favorites, I would be breaking the founding rule of this establishment. Everyone here is to be treated equally which means that I should partake equal judgement upon when to cut them off and you two are most certainly at your limit. Besides, sunrise is in a couple hours and you need to be at least somewhat sober to perform the ceremony.”

“Ugh, fawn. ‘m g’nna tuk a nap. Walk me up wh’n it’s tom t’ do it.”

“Will do.”

And with that Luna passed out next to Solar Flare who had been out for the past ten minutes.

After about 3 hours, Luna was rudely awoken with a bucket of cold water. “Ah! That’s cold,” Luna said when she woke up.

“Good, it’s supposed to be,” AC said.

“Another drunk night?”

“Yep.”

“Had to be cut off?”

“Yep.”

“Tried to convince you to get us another round?”

“Yep.”

“Passed out shortly after?”

“Yep.”

“Time to end the night?”

“Yep.”

“Very well. Come now Solar Flare.” The guard captain, however, was still asleep. “Another bucket, AC.”

“Already on it.” He dumped a second bucket on Solar Flare and he finally woke up.

“Come now, we are late for the morning ceremony.”

“Wait, what happened?” Solar Flare asked.

“The usual. Now come.”

They left the bar and galloped to the castle.

“You're late sister,” Celestia said as Luna entered the ceremonial anteroom.

“Another long night,” Luna explained.

“I sometimes wonder what you do all night.”

“Good luck finding out. You have to know the spell to get in and that is something only a member could teach you.”

“I haven’t the slightest idea what you are talking about.”

“That is the idea.”

“Well, I suppose it will be one of those things that I never find out about you. No matter, shall we?”

“Yes, let’s.”

They walked out onto the balcony and performed the ceremony. Or at least they tried to but as usual, Luna was a little shaky on the take off.

“Why can’t you ever take off straight in the morning?” her elder sister asked.

“It has to do with where I go every night. Which means, you will likely never find out.”

“Very well. I shall begin the morning news so you can get some well needed rest.” She walked to the edge of the balcony to address the citizens. “Good morning, fellow Canterlotians. I hope you all slept well. It brings me great pleasure to bring forth another glorious day. And now, let us see what my dear sister Princess Luna has to say about last night.”

Luna stepped forward. “As per the norm, it was a rather uneventful night. I detected no disturbances so I am pleased to announce that nothing is amiss as of yet. I hope you all had a good night. I know I did. Now go forth and perform your daily tasks. And as always, stay safe.” And with that, the Canterlotians began filing out to do their daily duties. “And now, I shall go to bed.”

“Sleep well, sister.”

They left to their respective places as another day began in Equestria.