• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 786 Views, 5 Comments

The Forgotten Sisters - Flaming Pulsar



Celestia has 2 other sisters that must go on an adventure to find the Stones of Power to defeat a foe that will certainly show himself again.

  • ...
12
 5
 786

Chapter 14--Battle of Aneto

Author's Note:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pc4Jrt6N7zb0BvidVYbB_kAcyDC22mpQL-Jb7YL0F0Y/edit?usp=sharing

I shall make no excuse for my laziness. I will, however, say that battles require a lot of prep time before the writing can actually occur (and while writing them, too) so me not wanting to do that may have played a part in my lack of writing. Whatever the case may be, here's a new chapter so enjoy.

Chapter 14--Battle of Aneto

The group arrived back in town around noon and walked up to the large building which housed the infamous group Maken. Floriana, who had been riding on her oak tree which she had since named Old Oakie, planted said tree outside and gave it a fresh watering.

“I’ll send in a scrying sensor to scope out the area,” Clover said. With a small burst of magic, a shiny ball emerged from his horn and went under the crack in the door. “This door, which is on the east side of the building, appears to be the only on leading outside, It looks like we have a main area that’s about 100 feet long by about 50 feet wide. There’s a large table in the center of it with eight chairs around it. Rida is sitting at the head of the table presumably leading the meeting. Keep in mind that I can’t hear them because if I made the scry powerful enough to hear, then it would be too noticeable. To the north, there are three dogs with short swords. To south, from closest to farthest with respects to Rida, there’s a dog with a battleaxe and two with warhammers. Everyone except Rida has a wooden shield on them. Rida herself has two longswords. Towards the back, behind Rida, are several barrels and crates presumably full of supplies of some sort. In the front corners are a few crates as well. To the north, there are four rooms for some of the soldiers. To the south, from closest to farthest from the door, there are two more soldier rooms, a restroom, and Rida’s room.”

“Alright,” River said, as Clover dispelled the scrying sensor, “We’ll start with the diplomatic approach to see if we can get them to disband peacefully. If that fails, we take action.”

“Sounds good,” Clover said. “As I am the Ambassador of The United Kingdom of Equestria and Gryphonia, I believe I should do the talking.”

“And how much experience have you actually had as an ambassador?”

“I have a one-hundred-percent success rate. I have completed a total of 5 assignments: the joining of Equestria and Gryphonia via arranging the marriage of the eldest royal children of each nation; establishing the trade agreement between the UKEG and the llamas of Mexicolt; negotiating peace between the various races of Greece; establishing alliances with the various naga tribes located within Equestria and Egypt; and initiating the three-party trade agreement between the UKEG, Trottingham, and Spony.”

“Hmm, not bad. Alright, I’ll give you the reins on this one. Just don’t screw it up. Or do. I don’t really care if we have to kill the bitch or not but the sooner we can get this done with, the better.”

“What, you got somewhere to be?”

“You might recall that I have my crew and ship waiting for me back in Valencia. I’d like to return to them as soon as possible so the sooner we can get this little errand finished, the sooner we can return to Herensuge, and the sooner I can be on my way back to Valencia while you lot finish your quest.”

“Right. Let’s do this then.”

They all walked into the building with Clover in the front. River was to his right and flagra was to his left. Ambios was behind him. To his left was Floriana and to his right was Animia. On the other side of Animia was Dream. Rida stopped discussing whatever it was they had been talking about to address the newcomers. “We were not expecting any guests today,” she said. “Who are you and what brings you here today?”

“My name is Clover,” Clover said. “These are my cousins, Floriana and Animia, their coltfriends Ambios Marking and Dream Klitrio, my marefriend Flagra, and our friend River. We were sent here to request the disbandment of this group.”

“Disbandment? And who might be the one who sent you?"

“A dragon known as Herensuge.”

“Ha! That fool. Surely he realizes that the sole purpose of this group is to slay him. Why would we disband for his sake?”

“Why do you want to kill him in the first place?”

“Simple, he is a dragon. His existence alone is a threat to other life. He either need to leave this place, or die.”

“Why should he have to leave? He was here first.”

“But we are more populace. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.”

“So you’re going to kill him?”

“We’ve tried the diplomatic approach but he doesn’t seem to want to leave.”

“And why should he? This is is home.”

“And now it’s ours. Besides, rumor has it that if you eat a dragon’s heartstrings, you will gain its immortality. So if you don’t have anything more to say, then we were just on our way to go slay the beast.”

“You’ll have to go through us first.”

“Very well. Dogs, at your ready.” The dogs all got up from their chairs, drew their weapons, and readies their shields. Rida also drew her swords and cracked her neck. “Let’s do this.”

The closest short swordsman acted first by running towards the door and slashed at Dream, catching him off guard and giving him a nasty cut on the side of his neck. The nearest warhammer guy was quick to act to leaping forward and smashing down on Flagra. Luckily it wasn’t a very hard hit but it surely hurt. The farthest short swordsman was quick behind but Clover reacted before he had a chance to attack. He shot a magical ray of light that pierced the swordsman right through the head making a rather painful looking gash above his eye. Floriana was next to act. She brought one of Old Oakie’s roots from underground and had it launch forward to hit the warhammer guy that had attacked Flagra. Unfortunately, the warhammer guy was too quick and dodged it. Rida then started to move in but Ambios stopped her by causing black flames to surround her.

The last swordsman moved next, swinging at River; however, due to River’s liquid body, the sword went straight through her causing the swordsman to stumble. The battleaxe guy then moved up next to the first warhammer guy but was interrupted by Dream raising black fire around him. The other warhammer guy then moved in and slammed Clover hard on the side of the head. Clover fell to the ground but remained conscious. Upon seeing this, River sent out a series of sharp water spikes stabbing the swordsman next to her as well as the warhammer guy that had just hit Clover.

Animia, feeling secure with her friends around her, took control of Albus Ignis who had been riding on her back sending him to peck at the eyes of the swordsman by River and claw at the swordsman by Dream. Flagra then stepped up and shot a powerful blast of fire ahead of her hitting the two warhammer guys, the battleaxe guy, and Rida. This also set the nearby table and chairs on fire. The swordsman next to Dream, annoyed By albus, swung at him, knocking him down but leaving him otherwise unphased. The warhammer guy in front of Flagra, generally pissed about being set on fire, swung hard at Flagra, hitting her with a mighty blow and sending her flying against the crates in the corner. The far swordsman, having been hit by Clover’s light beam, moved in to hit him while he was down, slicing his leg with a deep cut. Clover, rather upset with this, got up and shot a blast of light out, hitting that swordsman as well as the two warhammer guys.

Floriana then moved Old Oakie completely into the room from the root in front of her and shot its razor sharp leaves in a wide array hitting both the warhammer guys, the nearest swordsman, the battleaxe guy, and Rida. Rida, seeing Flagra as the biggest threat, went after her while she was dazed in the corner swinging fiercely with both swords practically cutting her to pieces. Ambios saw this and came to her rescue sliding past Floriana and shooting a spell at Rida that hit her hard sending her flying into the nearby bedroom wall. Meanwhile, the swordsman, his eyes still in pain from Albus’s attack, decided to stab the bird while it was on the ground. Luckily, his aim was off due to the pain in his eyes and the stab only grazed Albus. The battleaxe guy, after seeing Rida thrown so violently, stepped in to retaliate against Ambios, leaving a large gash in his head.

Dream noticed the scuffle occurring at the other side of the group and decided to take action by sending a powerful spell at the battleaxe guy consisting of a small blue-white orb floating around his head sending stabbing rays at him and temporarily immobilizing him. The warhammer guy in front of Clover, despite wanting to hit Dream for that last move, had to get through Clover first. So he hit Clover with all he had to move him, pummelling him to the ground. Seeing this, River stabbed the guy with her water. Rather annoyed by the attacks on him, Albus flared up his fiery body and flew at the swordsman that had stabbed him, burning him badly before flying to scratch up the other swordsman. Flagra, using a final resort, created a wall of fire on top of all the enemies except for Rida before running out the door to protect herself while screaming: “Everybody out!”

Meanwhile, the fire on the chairs and table had spread up to the next set of chairs and halfway up the table. The swordsman by Dream, got burned badly by the fire before stepping away from it very quickly. This, however, led him away from his adversary so he didn’t get to attack. Similarly, the warhammer guy next to Old Oakie was also badly burned before stepping back, away from the heroes. The swordsman in front of River was also burned before stepping back. Clover also sustained damage from the firewall simply by being next to it. Luckily it wasn’t nearly as bad. He quickly joined Flagra outside where he casted a healing spell on her.

Floriana, noticing that Old Oakie was catching fire, pulled it underground through its root and outside where she also met Clover and Flagra. Rida came out of the bedroom she was thrown into to see what was happening. Upon seeing the massive inferno, she decided to make a last ditch effort to take out Ambios swinging both her swords at full force cutting him badly but he still survived, blocking her way out. After being hurt by Rida, and the blaze beside him, Ambios decided to strike Rida one last time before making his getaway by gripping her tightly in a magical grasp and throwing her back into the bedroom. The last swordsman burned in the fire before stepping away from it. The battleaxe guy was burned alive by the fire and died on the spot.

Dream shook Animia out of her trance and pulled her outside with him. The other warhammer guy was nearly killed by the fire but was so stunned by it that he, too, stepped back inside rather than following the group outside. River grabbed Albus and ran out to join the others. Flagra, just to be sure the job was done, sent a burst of fire to the back of the room where it lit the barrels, which were later discovered to be filled with dynamite, causing a massive explosion.

“I think we got ‘em,” River said as they all sat there catching their breaths and healing.

They all shared a laugh which Clover punctuated by saying, “Yeah, I think so.”

Once they had finished healing, they made their way back up the mountain to Herensuge.

“Well, did you finish the task?” Herensuge asked when they returned.

“See for yourself,” River replied.

Herensuge shrunk down to pony size and the group led him out to see the burning crisp the used to be the building where Rida had been. “Well,” Herensuge said, “I think that will suffice. Thank you for your help. If you’ll follow me back into my cave, I’ll give you the Stone of Power which I possess.” They went back into the cave where Herensuge ruffled through his hoard to find the Stone of Power to give the group. “Best of luck in your quest to find the others. Please know that should the time ever arise, I will be by you side to fight in whatever battle may be coming. And as for you, River. I appreciate you helping these ponies. I’d like you to continue travelling with these ponies until they finish their quest. They could use a strong fighter such as yourself. I have already alerted your crew in Valencia and sent them on their way with your first mate taking charge in your absence.”

“Very well. Anything else?”

“That will be all. So long, kind ponies, until we meet again.”

The group left the cave and began making their way to Trottingham, the last known place of a Stone of Power.