• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 786 Views, 5 Comments

The Forgotten Sisters - Flaming Pulsar



Celestia has 2 other sisters that must go on an adventure to find the Stones of Power to defeat a foe that will certainly show himself again.

  • ...
12
 5
 786

Chapter 13--Herensuge

Author's Note:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WD3cWJP9sGVBmu-JjXCPbf5cs7C8lhcLEPsVQeg147I/edit?usp=sharing

Apologies for the long wait etc. etc. Apologies for short chapter etc. etc. I'll write when I can and chapter length may vary etc. etc.

Chapter 13--Herensuge

When morning came, the group made there way up the mountain to Herensuge’s cave. “I’ll go in first,” River said. “He knows me so he’s less likely to be hostile if he sees me first.”

“What do you mean ‘less likely?’” Clover asked as they began walking into the cave. “That implies that there’s still a chance for hostility.”

“Well, he is a dragon.”

“A dragon?!” the group exclaimed.

“Yeah, didn’t I mention that?”

“Not once,” Clover said.

“Well, now you know. Herensuge is a dragon that’s been alive since long before the concept of any of you was ever even dreamt of.”

“How long is that?”

“About 6,283,184,307 years ago. Give or take a few millenia.”

“And you know this how?”

“Let’s just say I haven’t told you everything about my origins.”

“Come to think of it, you haven’t actually told us anything about your origins.”

“Well, perhaps I’ll tell you sometime in the future.”

“The future is a long time.”

“That it is. And time is a long road that often loops back on itself. There will likely come a time when you come to learn everything about me and my kind but until that time should come, I’m afraid my true identity must remain a secret.”

“Fine.”

“In any case, Herensuge has likely been listening into this entire conversation so he’ll be expecting us.”

“But we’ve been walking for quite some time and I don’t see any end to this cave. Assuming he’s in the very back of the cave, how could he possibly have heard us?”

“As I said, he is a dragon. They have much better hearing than you ponies. Not to mention, the depth of this cave is merely an illusion created by Herensuge himself to keep out intruders. Only he can dispel the illusion and only when he is ready to greet us.”

“So if the depth of the cave is just an illusion, where have we been walking to?”

“Nowhere actually. The illusion began about 100 yards into the cave. Since then, we’ve been suspended in space with the illusion creating a ‘ground’ beneath our hooves. In actuality, we are already in the main part of the cave where Herensuge is, he has merely hidden himself behind the illusion.”

“So how is this illusion made?”

“Magic, of course. Don’t think that unicorns and alicorns are the only races that can use magic. I just wish he’d hurry up and take it down so we can talk to him.” As she said this, the walls around them seemed to shimmer and wave before finally disappearing to reveal the eons-old dragon living within.

The cave that was revealed, seemed nearly as large as the mountain itself, almost as if the mountain was simply hollowed out and a dragon placed inside. The dragon, Herensuge, was an enormous specimen. He was nearly as large as the cave and gleamed with golden scales. With one look, it could be easily seen that he was very old and very wise.

It should be noted that dragons have no end to their lifespan and the end of their lives is usually brought on by some “heroic” knight set out to slay a dragon. It should also be noted that this is a very difficult task and those who are able to accomplish it are granted the immortality that the dragon had. Another thing to note is that this immortality is brought upon by eating the dragon’s heart which contains in it the very essence which gave the dragon its ageless life. A final note would be that there is no record of a first dragon and that they seem to have been in existence since the dawn of time. This, of course, is false as dragons were in fact the creators of time itself which may be the reason for their agelessness.

The tunnel which lead to Herensuge’s cave opened to where his head was so that the group could properly speak with him without having to crane their necks and without Herensuge having to crouch down to their level. “Ah, River, long time no see,” he roared when the illusion had finally fallen.

“Indeed, how have you been, old friend?”

“Who are you calling old?”

“Oh, please. If you were any older you’d have existed before the universe.”

“Ha, right you are. So what brings you to my humble abode?”

“These ponies were prisoners of mine and have asked to be freed. Per your request, I have brought them to you.”

“Ponies, eh? I never was very fond of them. So ponies, why do you desire freedom from River? What purpose could you have that is more important than serving her?”

“We are seeking the Stones of Power in hopes of vanquishing Lord Tirek and any other villain which seeks to disrupt the peace and harmony of the United Kingdom of Equestria and Gryphonia and, indeed, of the entire world,” Clover explained.

“Stones of Power, eh? Well, I knew this day would come. As it happens, I actually have one of the Stones. For being honest in your reasons, I will grant you your freedom. However, if you want the Stone that I have, I need you to do something for me.”

“Name it and we shall do it.”

“I thought you might say that. Believe it or not, even eons-old dragons like me have people who want me dead. Usually they are unable to kill me but there is a particular group which worries me with its abilities. I want you to do whatever it takes to disband this group and prevent them from taking my life. Do this and I will give you the Stone of Power that I hold.”

“Very well. Is there any information you can give us of this group?”

“The group is known as the Maken they are a group of dogs living in Aneto. Their leader is a literal and figurative bitch named Rida. They typically change their whereabouts within the town but each time they put up a protective enchantment specifically against dragons which I cannot break. This is why I need you to take care of them for me.”

“Very well. Do you know of any way we might know which building they are using as their hideout?”

“Because it is enchanted against dragons specifically, I should be able to point it out for you.”

“How will you do that when you don’t seem to be able to fit outside this cave?”

As Clover asked this, Herensuge began shrinking to the size of a pony and stood next to them. “You were saying?”

“How did you do that?”

“Magic, of course. Though, my magic is much more advanced than yours. So much so that you would never be able to do what I can within your miniscule lifetime.”

“Whatever. Can you point out the building now?”

“Of course.” They walked to the outside of the cave to where they had a perfect view of the nearby town below. “You see that tall building with the red roof that looks like a castle of sorts?”

“You mean the really big one in the center of town that looks as though it is the building which houses the governing powers of the town?”

“That’s the one.”

“Of course it is. Why are the bad guys always so bad at being inconspicuous?”

“No idea. But that’s the building you want. Bring me some proof of their disbandment and I will give you the Stone.”

“Proof? What kind of proof?”

“I’d accept something like a copy of their notice of disbandment or Rida’s head will do nicely.”

“Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. With any luck, we’ll be back here tomorrow to give you a copy of their notice of disbandment.”

“Or Rida’s head?”

“If it comes to that, then, yes, we will bring Rida’s head.”

“Great. I’ll be waiting patiently for your return.” And with that, Herensuge returned to his cave while the group headed back down the mountain an into town.