• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 2,669 Views, 13 Comments

Life In A Northern Town - Closer-To-The-Sun



Sweetie Belle and Spike start dating. However, it seems both are having some issues with their new found relationship

  • ...
6
 13
 2,669

Chapter 5: Your Love

Chapter 5: Your Love

Spike froze at Sweetie Belle’s question. He couldn’t bring himself to speak. Instead, the unicorn’s words echoed through his head.

The white filly turned her view from the window and to the dragon sitting up in his bed, “Spike? What do you think….should we stop being together?”

“I don’t want….I don’t want it to end, Sweetie Belle….I really don’t….” Spike’s voice was hushed as he looked down at the floor.

“And I don’t want to either….” the unicorn agreed with a gloomy reply, “but….it’s obvious there’s something wrong here….”

Spike nodded, “Yeah, a stupid triangle of stupid emotions….”

“But we can keep trying to work it out, can’t we?” Sweetie Belle trotted back over to Spike slowly.

The dragon looked up to see the pony moving toward him, “Of course….but….”

“But?”

“There’s certainly a lot to talk over….so many things that we need to talk about….” his head turned to the side as he spoke, trying to avoid eye contact.

Sweetie Belle sat herself back in front of Spike. With a sigh and a nod, she agreed, “There really is….”

“Yeah….” Spike added. Despite having the filly sitting right before him, he could not bring himself to look up at her.

A silence fell before them. The falling rain was the only sound between them other than their calm breathing. Breaking the stillness, Sweetie Belle spoke, “We don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, Spike….”

“Huh?” the dragon finally looked up, “What do you mean?”

Sweetie Belle didn’t answer right away. Slowly, she pieced the sentence together, “Well….we can just....stop right here and….you know….not have to talk about this….”

“But that really wouldn’t solve anything,” Spike pointed out.

“I know….but we won’t have to deal with all of this confusing stuff….” the filly explained, turning her head to look elsewhere.

Placing his claws on Sweetie Belle’s front hooves, Spike spoke, “I don’t want to do that. I don’t want to avoid this problem. I want to work it out, I want this relationship to work out with you….”

The filly turned her head back to have Spike in her sight, “Really, Spike? You mean it?”

Spike nodded, “Yeah, there’s no way I wanna lose your love tonight.”

With his words confirming it, Sweetie Belle wrapped her front limbs around Spike, giving him a hug, “And there’s no way I want to lose your love either, Spike.”

The dragon returned the embrace to “You know it won’t be an easy road ahead for us, right?”

“I know, and I don’t care….as long as we work at it together, I’m sure we’ll be fine….” Sweetie Belle spoke as a warm smile grew on her face.

A small smile appeared on Spike’s face. “Thanks….” he mumbled into the hug, “Thanks for putting up with me, Sweetie Belle….thanks for everything….”

Sweetie Belle tightened the hug she had on her dragon, “Of course, Spike, I’d do anything for you….I love you….”

“And I love you, too….”

END

Comments ( 6 )

2874201 Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that. Not exactly happy how this one turned out.

The story was (Flicking hand left & right) good. :pinkiehappy:
YOU MIGHT WIN SOMETHING!!! (sarcastic) :rainbowwild:

Not your best story ever but, still good.

3027600 Believe me, I'll be the first to admit it's not my best work.

a bit lacking in the plot department, there wasnt really much of a conflict, at first it didnt seem like sweetie belle had a problem with being in raritys bath, it just seemed like spike was worried sweetie belle had a problem with it

well not bad of a work but I have seen some of your best works so I give this a 4/5

Login or register to comment