• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 3,532 Views, 104 Comments

The Shy Girl - Lux



You meet a girl in an animal shelter that bears a strange resemblance to a certain yellow pegasus

  • ...
13
 104
 3,532

The Test of Trust

The Test of Trust

You awoke the next day with a plan in your mind. Actually it was a series of various plans that you intended to use not only to help Fluttershy more with building her confidence but also for you to finally show how much you love her. It would be daring and was very easy to go haywire, but you felt the need to do this for you, Fluttershy, and your relationship. It would have to be subtle, perhaps a random question or a certain act to gauge her response. Anything too overt would driver her away fast and anything too subtle would not get your point across. It was a balancing act throughout this day that you faced and hopefully the result would benefit both you and her.

At breakfast Fluttershy seemed to be her usual cheery self around you. You guessed that the depressed state she was in yesterday had gone away with a good night’s sleep. This cheery feeling continued as the two of you worked with the animals. Luckily for you, both of you seemed to get your chores done early, leaving the rest of the day open. You hoped that there wouldn’t be any interruptions like the day before as you wanted this to be your time with her.

“So, what are we going to do today,” Fluttershy asked washing the dishes from lunch while you helped dry.

“Well, actually I have two things planned,” you said with a smile.

“Two,” Fluttershy said excited and a little nervous, “What are they?”

“Well, both are going to hopefully help you with your confidence and maybe even help to get to know each other better. The first is going to be a test of trust which I’ll explain when we’re done here.”

“And the second,” Fluttershy asked.

“That’s going to be a surprise.”

“I don’t really like surprises,” Fluttershy said looking a little unsure.

“Trust me, you’ll like it.”

“Oh ok then,” Fluttershy said as she finished the last few dishes. Thankfully she didn’t seem too upset with your plan so far and hopefully that would stay that way when you revealed the second part of your plan. For now you decided to concentrate on the first part to make her more comfortable.

“Ok,” Fluttershy said, “I’m ready. What do you want me to do?”

“Well first let’s go outside,” you said to which the two of you left the cottage, “Now as I said that this is going to be a test of trust, specifically between you and I. I’m going to walk you around the animal sanctuary, but you’re going to be blindfolded.”

“Blindfolded,” Fluttershy said with a surprise, “Oh no, I don’t think I can do that. What if I fall or get lost?”

“Fluttershy,” you said grabbing onto her arms as she started to hyperventilate, “Calm down. Yes, you’re not going to see but I’ll be right by you guiding the way. Do you trust me and yourself that you’ll be able to do this?”

Fluttershy slowly relaxed as she heard your words. For a moment she thought about what you were proposing as you worried that the entire plans for the day would be over before it began.

“Ok,” she said, “I’ll do it.”

“Great. Now I’m going to slip the blindfold on. Let me know if it’s too tight or you can still see anything.”

You slipped behind her and gently placed the blindfold over her eyes, feeling a little bad that you were covering up one of the things you liked about her. You then tied the cloth into a knot and walked in front of her.

“Can you see anything,” you asked her.

“No,” Fluttershy said looking around.

“Ok now I’m going to take hold of your hand now,” you said as you reached out and took hold, joining you with her, “Now I want you to start walking forward.”

Fluttershy slowly starts walking forward along the short trail between the cottage and the animal sanctuary. You are just about to make it when Fluttershy suddenly steps on your foot, causing you to shout.

“What,” Fluttershy said looking around, “What is it?”

“You kind of stepped on my foot,” you said sheepishly.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Fluttershy said.

“That’s alright,” you replied as you took her hand again, “Let’s keep going.”

You walked with Fluttershy through the animal sanctuary directing her which way to go with words like, “turn left,” “turn right,” or “go straight.” One time you had to yell “stop” as she was almost about to walk into the pig pen! You even threw in a few extra things like having her walk around a trash barrel, over a rock, and even across a small stream. You noticed though that the more she walked with you, the more confident and comfortable she felt; although you wondered if it was being with you that was making her feel that way. Finally the two of you approached the last obstacle in your test of trust. You had her step up on the seat of the picnic bench and then the table.

“Alright stop,” you said to which Fluttershy immediately did, “Now I’m going to let go of your hand, but I want you to turn around.”

She turned around, not knowing what was going to happen next and looking a little frightened.

“Now Fluttershy, you’re now on top of the picnic bench. I want you to fall backwards off the bench and I’ll catch you.”

“W…what,” Fluttershy said, “You want me to fall? What if I get hurt or you do?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I promise I won’t miss catching you ok?”

“Ok,” Fluttershy said as she stood straight as an arrow while you walked to the edge of the bench.

“Alright on the count of three, fall backwards. One,” you said as you distanced yourself away from the bench far enough to anticipate where Fluttershy would land.

“Two,” you said as Fluttershy nervously waited as you put your arms out to catch her.

“Three,” you said and with that Fluttershy fell backwards off the bench. Unfortunately you realized you were too close you catch her, but it was too late. The girl suddenly fell on top of you as if you were a pillow. The two of you rolled a few times until you came to a stop. As you opened your eyes you found Fluttershy resting on top of you, her face pressed close to yours. You felt the sudden urge to hold her and kiss her and tell her how much you loved her. Before you could she got up on her hands and knees.

“Did it work,” Fluttershy said as she removed the blindfold. She then noticed that she was awkwardly straddling your body to which her face started to turn red.

“Yeah it worked,” you said with a smile, “I guess my aim catching you was off. Are you ok?”

“Yes, I guess I am,” she said, “How are you?”

“Never been better,” you said with a smile as this was a first having a girl so close to you like that.

“Oh my,” she said realizing that she still was on top of you, preventing you from getting up. You didn’t mind but she was growing red with embarrassment.

“Here let me help you up,” she said as she stood up and helped pull you up. As you did the two of you locked eyes, staring at each other for a moment. It was as if both of you wanted to say something but neither was confident to be the first to declare their love.

“So, um, what’s next,” Fluttershy said.

“Well let’s go back to the house and I’ll tell you along the way,” you said feeling a little bad as you missed the opportunity. You guessed that in some ways you were as shy as she was. Your hope was that the next thing you had planned would show you how you really felt.

Author's Note:

More awkwardly romance laden moments! Don't worry, I'm only going to torture these two shy love birds a little longer.