• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 3,519 Views, 104 Comments

The Shy Girl - Lux



You meet a girl in an animal shelter that bears a strange resemblance to a certain yellow pegasus

  • ...
13
 104
 3,519

Secret Conversation

Secret Conversation

That evening after the field trip you could see that Fluttershy was pleased with the way she handled herself with the Field Trip especially with the three Crusaders. You were happy as well that she was able to overcome her shyness and be able to speak to a large crowd of people. Yet after the kids left you noticed that she was more quiet than normal. It was as if something was on her mind, making her tune out everything else around her, including you. You hoped that she wasn’t upset at you for something, even you had no idea what that something would be. To you the day went great with very few regrets. Well, there was regret about one thing in your mind. You regretted that Fluttershy said that you were her friend. For all you knew it could have been simply a slip of a word from the girl. Yet it also could have been the truth that the pink haired girl thought of you as just a friend and nothing more.

There was part of you that wanted to just ask Fluttershy what she thought of you. You knew thought that it was a dangerous question to ask as she could confirm being just friends or worse that she could get upset and that would spell the end of everything that you had with her. You decided to play things out and wait for the right time, something you hoped would be sooner rather than later. Still the fact that Fluttershy now was quiet troubled you. At dinner her quiet sense seemed to continue. Even more so you noticed that she seemed to be staring at her plate of food rather than anything else, playing with the food rather than eating it much. Finally you gathered the courage and spoke.

“Fluttershy, are you ok?”

“Oh,” she said suddenly looking up at you dropping her fork on the plate, “Sorry guess you surprised me. Um… what was it that you asked me?”

“I was just checking to see if you were ok.”

“Oh yes, I’m fine. Why?”

“You seem distant tonight and quiet, like you have something on your mind. Do you want to talk about it?”

“No,” Fluttershy said suddenly causing you to jump, “Sorry, I mean no thank you. It’s kind of personal.”

“Is it something I’ve done?”

“Yes, I mean no. I mean you didn’t do anything wrong. In fact I can’t thank you enough for helping me be more confident for believing in me.”

“You’re welcome, and you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

“Thanks,” Fluttershy said with a smile as she continued to eat. The rest of the night she seemed to talk to you more than before. You guessed that you asking her if she was ok brightened her up more enough for her to talk to you. Yet the pink haired girl still seemed deep in thought, and for some reason by the way she spoke to you at the dinner table she had you on her mind. If it wasn’t something bad then you wondered what it could be. You two were close but it was times like these that you felt miles apart still.

She then went up to get ready for bed, leaving you on your own for a moment. You kicked yourself for not telling her the truth about what you were feeling. Although before you were unsure, you knew for certain that you were in love with the shy girl. You guessed that you had doubts as you’ve never had a love like this before. It was foreign, like trying anything new for the first time. Now you knew the truth inside you that you had been given a gift meeting a girl like her. It was more than the fact that you had a home and a job and more than her uncanny resemblance to the yellow Pegasus pony. It was the fact that she cared about you as much as you did for her, taking you into her home and her life without regrets. Somehow you knew you had to pay her back and not just by helping her get her confidence. Maybe you could tie your gratitude in with how you felt.

As tiredness settled into your mind, you went upstairs. Passing by Fluttershy’s door which was slightly ajar, you could hear her talking. At first it was like she was on the phone calling someone, but then you began to think that maybe she wasn’t talking to anyone except herself. At first you felt ashamed listening into her conversation, but you wanted to know what she was thinking even though you were scared to ask her. Leaning your head to the door, you listened as she spoke.

“What am I doing,” you heard her say, “Why am I thinking of him like that? I barely know him. But… he is a really nice guy and he likes ponies and animals, and he’s kind of cute. Oh, what’s wrong with me? My body and mind gets all crazy when I’m near him. Is this really happening? Am I… in love with him? I wonder if her loves me. How can I tell him especially after saying that I was his friend? Oh why did I even say that when I like him more than a friend, when I’m in love?”

Suddenly the door squeaked as you put too much pressure on it, causing you to back you and Fluttershy to stop talking. You heard her get up off her bed and walk to the door as you tried to walk away, yet she opened the door too quickly.

“Oh are you ok,” Fluttershy said standing there dressed in her yellow pajamas, “I heard my door move.”

“Oh I was going to say goodnight to you,” you said trying to cover up what you were doing.”

“You weren’t listening to me talk, were you,” she said her face starting to turn red with embarrassment.

“No, of course not.”

“Oh, well thank you for wishing me good night. So um… goodnight to you,” she said closing the door again.

You stood there looking at the door in front of you, thinking about how there was a door between you and her in terms of your relationships with each other. Somehow one of you would have to open the door and confess what you felt. Yet you were happy that you now knew that Fluttershy did love you as much as you loved her. As you slept that night you dreamt of the two having a romantic candle light dinner, the two of you just staring lovingly in each other’s eyes no words said but then again no words needed as you knew there was love there between you two. As the dream faded away, your mind began to plan something dangerous and daring, and hopefully worth it the next day. Tomorrow would be the day that you would state how she felt about her.

Author's Note:

Only a few chapters to go! I promised it would be done by the end of August, but I'm going to have to delay that a bit. I still have a few more things to add to this story before closing the book on it.