• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 16,906 Views, 1,266 Comments

A Changeling Queen Under the Griffon's Crown - DungeonMiner



Alan Goldenhoof, Pendragon of Equestria, finds himself caught in the middle of a civil war between the griffon Royal Family and the combined forces of Chrysalis and a rebel faction.

  • ...
50
 1,266
 16,906

Epilogue

Epilogue

For over a thousand years, he had waited in the darkness.

It was a short wait, by comparison, but he had never been patient.

The ice walls around him that made his prison were as unyielding as ever, but…but that would change very soon.

His eyes gazed outward, watching the world outside through magic not yet discovered by ponykind.

The ice began to shake around him, and he smiled.

It was time.

The ice cracked around him, letting sunlight hit him for the first time in a millenia.

Oh, how he hated it.

Rising like the smoke off a forest fire, he dragged himself up and out onto the icy plains that once held the Crystal Empire.

His neon green eyes that tore through darkness and pierced the conscious gazed at the horizon, searching for something that only he could see.

And then he turned to his servant.

“King Sombra, Lord of Darkness,” he said, bowing low to the ground. “I have released you.”

Sombra’s eyes stared down at his servant. “You’re late,” he said, his mental words booming in his servant’s head. His incorporeal body, however, found speaking difficult, and his shadow of a throat could only manage to hiss the last word. “Laaaaaaate…”

“Apologies, my Lord,” the servant replied. “I found myself unexpectedly delayed.”

The black cloud that was Sombra glared down at his servant for a moment before turning to face the south. “I can overlook this. Besides, it matters not. It will all be over for them soon.”

“Sooooooooonn….” his voice echoed.

The servant smiled, and with a snap of his claws, a chalice filled with a dark brown liquid appeared in his hand.

And then, with a crooked smile, the servant spoke. “The Queen is dead, long live the King.”

------------------

And there we go, Ladies, Gentlemen, Fillies and Gentlecolts; the end of A Changeling Queen under the Griffon’s Crown.

“What’s next?! What’s next?!”

Elementary, my dear Pinkie! The end of the Trilogy, of course.

A Repentant Dranconequus on the Equestrian Throne is out and can be found here! Now that you've finished, let me know what you thought.

And as always, I’ve been DungeonMiner.

“Kilokk here!”

“Sir Squidfish, at your service!”

“And I’m Pinkamena Diane Pie!”

And this has been, A Changeling Queen Under the Griffon’s Crown.

Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you all next time.

"Leave us all your thoughts and comments!"

Bye!

--------------------------------

The above story is a work of Fanfiction, using the characters and setting of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as created by Lauren Faust and owned by Hasbro. I do not own the characters of the aforementioned property, and I am in no way benefiting financially from this work. Please support the official release.

Comments ( 87 )

Needs more Orion.

Now why didja have to go and get me excited for the next one already? Now instead of being anxious for these chapters I'm freaking for the next story :(

Joking aside, great story, can't wait for the next one.

HERE COMES THE HYPE TRAIN MOTHA FUCKAS!!! CHOO CHOO!!

GET HYPE!!!!!!!!

chocolate milk :pinkiecrazy:

that name....Noo....Don't you DARE end Tia and Luna or Cadence...or Twilight...especially not Luna...

That name... It's about to get serious, guys.

Awwww just don't off Discord in the end. He's my no.1 villain... or just a plain douchebag? Hard to tell. :pinkiecrazy:

Looking forward to the next one!! I think I might give paladin a try in my next campaign, I mainly do Fighter anyway so it shouldn't be too much a change, well, fighting anyway...

Here's to you and the story!
altepeter.com/misc/giftopng.php?image=http://altepeter.com/stuff/imgs/applause.gif !

Long live the story!

Long live Dungeonminer!

Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!

Sooon!!! yeah i loved this and can't wait for the next installment :D thought sombra was gonna appear after this :rainbowwild:
keep on writing
and needs more Orion

The servant smiled, and with a snap of his claws, a chalice filled with a dark brown liquid appeared in his hand.

Yeah, that's not obvious at all.

DungeonMiner, I'm not sure why i wasn't following you, (as per my rules of 200k words read or three stories faved; you qualified with wordcount before this story started) but that has been rectified.

4668921
I think I'll somehow find it in my heart to forgive you.

Twists and turns are my master plan. The changelings failed, so Sombras my man. :trixieshiftright:

The many complex twisted meanderings and sudden jumps and shifts that can and will likely occur as the Crystal Empire is manipulated by all concerned until it or another effect comes into play until the end may or maynot be related to anything that occured in the show. :pinkiecrazy:

Another war story? Neato!

Sombrero man is here!

Aww yeah, looks like it's Sombra's turn.

4668169 sing or singing would be okay actually.

4670780 It might be grammatically correct (I don't claim to be an expert) but it is awkward to read.

4670338 Eeeeeeeeeexactly

this series is always a blast to read. thanks for your time and effort. looking forward to the next instalement.

4667776 Discord is upping the lounging competition ante. After all, what's more impressive than lounging on top of the back of one of Equestria's thrones? Especially if the throne's owner is sitting right below you?

When the next story starts I can only hope that I get an email saying so.

“The Queen is dead, long live the King.”

...Except Sombra doesn't live much longer—

A Repentant Draconequus On The Equestrian Throne

i.imgur.com/CwPpE05.jpg
kristi78968.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/what-is-this-i-dont-even-2.jpg
God damn it, Sombro's here to stay.

That, was fun! Looking forward to the trouble Discord gets into.
Keep up the great work! Deus tecum.

And the sequel: King Sombra and the CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSTALLL Skull

Alan and Twi watched as the smokey weirdo repeatedly slammed his head against the shield, rambling about 'crystals' and 'slaves'.

"Uhm," Alan mumbled as he blinked in disbelief that any creature could be this stupid. "How long do you think he's gonna keep doing that?"

"Well," Twilight replied as she calculated the effects of the repeated blunt force trauma the soot cloud with a head was inflicting upon itself. "I would guess until his skull finally.." CRACK!!

The cloud collapsed into an unconscious dark unicorn with X's for eyes.

"Until that," Twilight sighed and went to go throw the pony into the dungeon so Luna and Celestia could argue over whether they'd banish him to the Sun or Moon.

The End!

:trollestia:

Discord... serving Sombra?!

WTF?!

Discord's practically a GOD. Why the heck is he serving douchebag Pony Hitler whom the Princesses took out without even needing the Elements? A pony who was so lame SPIKE actually managed to beat him! He got beaten by a tiny dragon who was scared to death of wooden wolves! :moustache:

I dun get it.

4700174
He wouldn't.

Normally...:trixieshiftright:

4700753 *Alondro furrows his brows at the writer and speaks in a harsh growling voice that heralds ancient doom* WHAT HAST THOU DONE?

:pinkiecrazy:

4701336
That, my dear friend, would involve spoilers.

Well now... that's impressive.

Part III of this trilogy hasn't even started yet, and already (given what went on when we last saw Dissy) the plot has thickened to the consistency of extra-crunchy peanut butter...! :rainbowlaugh:

Looking forward to Part III's first chapter... but darn, that title's a mouthful. *chuckle*

4701384 I'm all about spoilers!

For instance, in the new "Planet of the Apes" movie, the apes evolve quickly into obese lazy people who claim disability!

No... wait... that was the subway ride this morning.

:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

*Mouth drops to ground.*
....DAYUM!:pinkiegasp:

4797301
songwriters, apparently.

4792876
Ah, but if that was the case then the flames would die and the dragon spew nothing but noxious gas. Common misconception about airborne flames, or flames fueled by a gas; if at any point the pilot-lite is snuffed out or by other means removed then the flames spit by the spraying of gas die out as well.

4800760
Uh...maybe?

I may have forgotten at some point.

I still hate you for buggy

By Death’s Dubious Dental Work!

Still can't get over that one line from that one chapter!:rainbowlaugh:

4914109 WE ARE THE BORGOISE!! RESISTANCE IS FUTA!!! YOU WILL ASSHATTED!!

:trollestia:

4918576

...

That is the most frightening comment I've ever seen you leave.

And that's saying a lot, knowing you.

4919964 I've been reading this story about Dan and Pinkie.

It's been greatly nourishing my madness.

:pinkiecrazy:

5213937
Wow, did I derp that bad?

4918576 Uh... I...

What have I unleashed?

*Turns around*

Hey guys! I need your help again!

5253154 You looked into the darkness... and I looked into you... :pinkiecrazy:

Another excellent work, DungeonMiner!
You don't disappoint, and the lack of sleep was well worth the long nights.
But, that being said...
I find myself in the odd position of admitting I vastly preferred the original work, "A Novice Swordsman in the Canterlot Court."

Perhaps it was because the majority of the story took place in disjointed segments, each chapter following a different character or group of characters, a style of story telling I've despised since I came across Paolini's Eldest.
Sad to say it worked more for Paolini than it had for you, simply because it focused on multiple characters doing multiple things.
That is, they weren't all in the same place attempting to complete the same objective.

Another reason could be the scope of what they were doing, not to diminish the importance of what they were attempting to accomplish at all.
You did well setting up the background details to support the necessity of their actions, rather than simply going "Hurrdurr, blood brother need help. Bad guy need die, save gwiffons!"
But in Swordsman, there was always so much going on...
From explaining how he got there, to training an army, using the army, peace, more army.
It wasn't just dungeon crawling, but there was an active feel to everything going on in Swordsman.
You could constantly tell what was at stake, I suppose.

But that's all personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it.

tl;dr
Loved it, but it isn't perfect.

Plenty of laughter, liquid pride shed willingly, and add a few genuine feels to the mix, and you sum up the experience of most of your readers, DM.
You've a rare gift for making me both simultaneously love you and want your head mounted over my fireplace.
Keep doing what you're doing, and strive to improve with every word written, and you'll go far.

5350271
Oddly enough I have to agree with you. The breaks were something I was experimenting with, and it just didn't work out for me, and that's why I left in behind in A Repentant Draconequus. That being said, I'm glad it was still enjoyable, and I hope you enjoy the sequel, and all the evil I have done there so far. :twilightsheepish:

5350309
If your previous work is anything to go by, I'm certain I shall.

I have nothing against experimenting with new methods, that particular one just rubs me the wrong way because of the cliff hagners.
But it does allow for further character development of "supporting cast" members, and you did use it effectively.
In my opinion, at least.

5350519 Yea what made you think it was a good idea to have the girls go with them? Really dumb of Twilight to do that. I mean lets put all the eggs in one basket so it be easier to crush right? Let's not forget that it be easier for them to lets say attack Equestria while all there best assets are over there. Not a bright move.

5350543
That was kind of the point.

She didn't want to get left behind, but she really shouldn't have gone. It was a mistake on her part that eventually works out for the better. That's the story.

Login or register to comment