• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 2,665 Views, 40 Comments

To Be Human - SuperPinkBrony12



A humanized Sweetie Bot fic. Rarity tells Sweetie Belle she's a robot. "Sweetie Belle" doesn't take the news very well.

  • ...
17
 40
 2,665

Chapter 4 (Questions)

Sweetie Belle? Sweetie Bot? Human? Robot? What did it all mean? Nothing in "Sweetie Belle's" head made any sense. She knew now that she was a robot, or at least she thought she was a robot. But when her head told her one thing her "emotions" told her another. That only served to further complicate matters, if she was a robot how was it possible that she could express emotion? She could've sworn that robots were never capable of crying or laughing. Hadn't that been what Miss. Cheerilee had taught her about robots?

And yet somehow for as long as she could remember any time she'd been with Rarity or with her fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders she had expressed genuine emotion. Though there was that comment from Apple Bloom about a compass pointing to her. Or was it a metal detector?

Suddenly all the memories she had became blurred, she could no longer remember certain aspects. She couldn't remember when she'd met Scootaloo for the first time or what she had said to her. And yet somehow Scootaloo seemed to instantly bond with her. Would they ever have suspected something if Sweetie Belle never earned her cutie mark?

So what did it all mean? Was Sweetie Belle really a robot? Perhaps she was actually an android? After all Miss. Cheerilee had said that androids were different from robots, and she swear she could remember a certain video game that Rarity hadn't been keen on letting her play. The game had featured a spikey black and red hedgehog, who had assumed at one point that he was an android, though she never made it far enough to find out if that was true.

Was she even the prototype that the letter said she was or was she just one of the many lookalike "models" that had been rolled off the assembly line? Why didn't anyone have the answers she wanted so badly?

Rarity had said that she only wanted what was best for her. But could Rarity be trusted? For that matter could anyone she ever knew be trusted? Miss. Cheerilee had made it perfectly clear that most people (herself included) considered robots to be evil and that they were even worse then people who practiced witchcraft, like that gypsy pastry chef. But did she actually mean it? Did some people actually despise robots so badly? Would they look down upon her and cast her out if they found out who she really was?

It seemed like more questions kept popping up every second and yet she didn't know the answer to any of them. So what was she suppose to do? Should she just ignore all the questions? Could she trust anyone?

Curiously she attempted to use magic only to find that she couldn't even produce sparks. She could disctintly remember that by this age every unicorn colt or filly was expected to know some magic. Any doubts she made have had were completly erased upon realizing this fact. There was no denying it, she was a robot. If only she knew what to think and what to do. Even if she just kept it all a secret at some point chances were that someone would find out. But if everyone knew she was a robot they might grow to fear her. It wasn't fair, she didn't want them to fear her. She just wanted them to love her. But did anyone ever ask her if that's she wanted?

Suddenly she began to feel a feeling she had only felt once before. When she yelled at her "big sister". And she could still remember the words she had said on that faithful day. "If the world isn't going to love me then I'll teach it TO FEAR ME INSTEAD!" Without even thinking "Sweetie Belle" walked over to one of her dolls and picked it up. She then proceeded to crush the miniature human with her bare hand, and she didn't even seem to care.

If anyone had been watching they would've noticed "Sweetie Belle's" eyes glowing bright red. A sure sign of trouble.

"Fear me Equestria! For I AM 'Sweetie Bot'!" Sweetie Belle said to herself.

Author's Note:

I'll bet you can spot the reference I slipped in.

This is where things start to get a little dark and this fic earns the "Dark" tag.

Next chapter will actually involve Rarity as she decides to seek some answers.