• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 5,973 Views, 226 Comments

My Little Pirates: Set Adrift - Sanji in Equestria - River Road



After his battle with Kuma Sanji finds himself on a new island, but not for long. Edit: Now the second longest One Piece crossover on the site and the first one to be actually completed (as far as I know).

  • ...
3
 226
 5,973

Epilogue 3; Into the New World

“Led by Captain Harisenbon… It’s the Sea-Urchin-cloaked Spike Squad!”

“Time to riddle that leg-fighter with holes!”

Sanji looked with slight disinterest at the fishmen surrounding him, each of his enemies covered in long, shimmering spikes. He slowly pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

~~~~~

“You need to stop smoking, Sanji. Particles of the ash are already starting to cover your lungs! It’s just a small amount so far, but there’s no telling what reactions it could cause with its magic…”

“I already told you, it’s an addiction. As long as you don’t find me some tobacco, I’ll have to stick with this substitute.” Sanji took out another cigarette and tried to light it.

The match was quickly snuffed out again by Twilight’s magic and the cigarette floated away from him. “I said stop it! Do you want to end up poison joked for life!?”

“I didn’t have any problems so far, and it can’t be more dangerous than normal smoking.” Sanji was already holding the next cigarette. “Besides, I promised Rainbow Dash to train with her, and Pinkie wanted to see what would happen this time, too.”

Twilight groaned and let her head hang. “Suit yourself, I guess there’s not much I could do to stop you, either way. Just… promise you’ll be careful with those.”

“I still think you’re worrying too much about this, but I will be careful.” Sanji trotted towards the door and out of the library. “Tell the girls I’m making a casserole for dinner tonight, if they want some.”

Twilight’s stomach growled quietly as he left. “I’m sure they won’t mind a sample…”

~~~~~

“There’s nowhere for you to run now!”

“Everyone with me! Hari… sen…” The leader of the group leaped forward, his spikes extending outwards as a dozen fishman jumped at Sanji from all sides to impale him. “Boooooooooon!”

Sanji took a slow drag from his cigarette, thinking to himself as he looked up, ignoring the attacking fishmen. It’s quite nostalgic, looking back at it now. Flying through the air, trying to keep up with that crazy mare.

“Sanji-San!” Brook shouted from somewhere to the side. “It’s dangerous to just stand there! What are you–“

Of course I would lose the wings when I left the island. I can’t say that I’m not glad to be human again, but still… A bit of blue smoke lazily trailed up from his cigarette.

“Leg-fighter! Your head is ours!”

~~~~~

“Now, remember to be careful with those. We don’t know how humans react to them, and I doubt you will want to find out. Keep them under glass unless you need them and don’t let anypony tou–“

“Hey Sanji, when did your friend get wings? And what are those flowers for?”

…don’t let anypony touch them.” Twilight continued, lifting Luffy with her magic to stop him from prodding the blue herbs. The rubber man struggled a little before she unceremoniously dropped him again.

“I’ll take good care of him. But you should probably go back now.” Sanji took the glass box with the flowers. “Franky said that we’ll set sail for the Fishmen Island any moment now. Besides, your new castle needs you.”

Twilight laughed, lighting her horn to let her magic wrap around her. “It’s going to be more quiet without you. Not much, but still.” She smiled as the magic got stronger. “Everypony is going to miss you… Especially your cooking. Don’t forget to visit with your whole crew next time.”

There was a flash and she was gone. Sanji looked at the spot for a few more seconds, then nodded and turned around. His crew and captain were waiting for their cook.

~~~~~

“Uwoooooaaahhh!”

“Owww! What–?”

“He’s gone!”

Sanji didn’t look down at the fishmen that had effectively impaled each other with their own spikes. His focus was on the group of fishmen that were riding their bubbles higher up.

“We’ve got her now! The princess is right ahea– …eh?”

The leader of the fishmen’s flying squad barely had time to stop as Sanji shot up right in front of him without warning, carried by two powder blue wings.

“Hey there, punks! If you’ve got business with Shirahoshi-San, you’ll have to get past me first.” The cook hovered in front of them for a moment, giving the Mermaid Princess behind him a thumbs up. “You’re Royal Guard is here~!”

Diable Jambe…

Sanji started to spin in the air, his right leg quickly heating up until it was bright red.

Poêle À Frire!

He raised his glowing leg, the limb suddenly turning into that of an equine. His foot turned into a hoof just as he began to bring it down towards the fishmen in a series of swift kicks, leaving burning hoofmarks on the enemies’ bodies even from a distance.

"Sabot Spectre!"

Author's Note:

"Sabot" is French for "Hoof". At least that's what my translator of choice told me.

This concludes this story (again). It was already tagged completed, but this short chapter was inspired by FMP's second batch of Set Adrift chapters.

Comments ( 25 )

Nice nice. Will this be continuing on into another story or no?

4394221

I have plans to make a sequel to the second epilogue. But I have plans for a lot of stories, it might be another year or more until I get to that.
One of my more short-term plans, however, is to continue "Tales from the Grand Line", the collaboration you tried to do. I'm going to write it alone, though, and write only the important parts for it, unless someone else submits a chapter.

4395564 Y'all ist Plural:twilightsmile: Das Wort besteht aus "You" und "All". "You all" oder halt als Kurzfassung "Y'all"

4395573

Du sprichst Deutsch? Das... überrascht mich weniger als es vermutlich sollte.
Anyway... Like I said, I always thought that "y'all" was the Southern-accent version of "you", plural or singular. That's how it seemed to be in most stories I read. I kinda like it, so I think I'll keep to it either way.
...that, and I really don't want to go over all my stories to fix something that hasn't come up in ten months on this site.

4395587 Of course I speak German, like you I'm from Germany:twilightsmile:

4395599

Amazing how many Germans just happen to comment on my stories... Well, it's nice to meet you. :pinkiesmile:

4398749 glad to know I already made someone's day:twilightsmile: I wonder if I'll find any more hidden references:trixieshiftright:

4398760

Good question. It's been nine months, so even I am not sure anymore. :derpytongue2:
What I do remember is that one of the epilogues references a moderately famous story here on FIMfiction.

4398772 hmm... Could you please tell me what the story is called? I might want to add it to mah read later hill.

4398789

Shipping and Handling.
It doesn't have any crossovers or pirates, but it has Ditzy Doo solving physics equations to crash into a carrot cart, which I think is almost as good. :pinkiehappy:

4395629 I'm German... but I don't speak anything other than English and probably pretty bad Spanish.:twilightsheepish:

4400026

Then you're not German, silly. You only have German ancestors. :derpytongue2:
Close enough, though.

HOW DID I NOT FIND THIS BEFORE! Sanji's my favorite person out of all the Strawhats and to be completely unaware of a story about him is heresy! HERESY I SAY!

Well I'm going to be busy for a while.

4538327

Glad to hear you're a fan. :twilightsheepish:
If you find something to comment on, feel free to comment. :raritywink:

4398772 Sequel ples. Or we'll never forgive you.

4594975

Gurarararara... You've got guts, making demands like that.

I actually have a sequel to this planned, but I've still got a looooot of stories in line before that. There is another thing I might get to sooner, though.
Take a look at it, if you want. Password is "pirates"

4832878 o i already new about fullmetal im a critic reviewing him and I was read his version when I remembered this. I feel sanji should be a earth pony but scence you went with the kuma one I see why you went with Pegasus :twilightblush:

4835143 true but she does kinda jumps the gun and she doesen't really under stand the situation and assumes he's evil.

4837614 you mean me don't you

5667972

You're welcome. I'm happy whenever I get any kind of comment on a story. :twilightsmile:

It's rare that I find a story this is actually appropriate for, :pinkiecrazy:
s6.postimg.org/dd47s96ap/Pirate_Approved.jpg

6335813

Thank you. :pinkiehappy:

Got any comments and feedback on the individual chapters, perhaps? :scootangel:

6336425
Well, overall the story moves a little fast, but I figure that's to be expected when you're going for action. I was initially thinking that it was going to be more focused on Sanji in Equestria since... well y'know, that's what the title says. I also sort of hoped for a little more interaction between Sanji and Mr. 2, just because I think the two are great character foils to one another.

I'd certainly be up for hearing more about the Lunar Pirates and how Luna racked up that 92m Berry bounty, :raritywink:

Absolutely badass story! God I loved every second of it! Sanji may not be my favorite Strawhat! (as of finishing DressRosa it's still Brook) but this was a perfect way to build off of and explore the groundwork that Full Metal set! You explored things in bold and interesting directions! And weren't afraid of having things end "to well" which I always hate when it comes off like people feel obligated to have something not work out completely! "Buck your expectations and realism I love happy endings! :flutterrage:"

Login or register to comment