• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 5,968 Views, 226 Comments

My Little Pirates: Set Adrift - Sanji in Equestria - River Road



After his battle with Kuma Sanji finds himself on a new island, but not for long. Edit: Now the second longest One Piece crossover on the site and the first one to be actually completed (as far as I know).

  • ...
3
 226
 5,968

Intermission: The Crystal Caves of Canterlot

“I can’t believe it!” Rarity turned her head left and right to inspect as much of the shimmering walls as she could. “Just look at all those crystals. I usually prefer regular gemstones, but I’ve never seen crystals of this quality outside of the Crystal Empire, either. Oh, just imagine the dresses I could design with these,” she sighed, little stars appearing in her eyes.

“So, these caves have been right under Canterlot this whole time? I’ve never heard anything about them,” Applejack said, looking around.

“Yes they have been here for quite some time. Of course we have made some… adjustments in that time.” Princess Luna examined the crossroad they had stopped at and confidently turned left. “If I remember right, Twilight has already been here once.”

“I’d rather not talk about that.” Twilight cringed at the memory of that day. Her friends let their heads hang in shame. None of them liked to think back to the changeling invasion.

After a moment Rainbow Dash looked back up. “Now that you mention it, there is one thing I’m curious about.” She pointed a hoof at the Princess. “Where were you during that invasion? I mean, not only are you a princess, apparently you’re some kind of famous pirate, too. We could have really used your help with those changelings.”

“It seems the memories of that day are rather unpleasant to you.” Luna noticed the confused stares of the other six ponies. “Ah, I’m sorry, what I said was uncalled for.” She started walking again, partially to hide the expression on her face. “To answer your question: I did engage some of the changelings in battle that day, and I met some interesting ponies. But that story is not mine to tell. Anyway, I believe we have reached our destination.”

Applejack looked up at the crystal wall that signaled that they had reached a dead end. “Ah don’t mean to be rude, Princess, but what exactly is our destination.”

Luna didn’t answer and instead concentrated on the spell she had prepared. The crystals in front of them started to glow and slowly vanished like a mirage.

“Whoa…” The six ponies could only stare at the sight before them. What had previously seemed like a dead end now gave way to a large cave that was dominated by a lake. The water was completely still and extended into the dark further down the cave.

The Princess simply trotted down the way to the lake, towards the only other thing that had been waiting in the cave besides water and crystals. She looked up to take in the whole sight of it. “It has been a while, my friend,” she said, smiling softly. “You haven’t changed a bit. Well…” She lit her horn again and levitated a piece of cloth from the plain saddlebags she was wearing. “…except for one thing. We can’t really have an adventure without this, can we?” Her horn lit a little brighter and the cloth began to float upwards.

Luna turned around to the six mares. “What do you say, my friends? Do you want to follow me? It will be dangerous. It will be exiting.” She unfolded her wings. “It will be the greatest adventure you ever had!”

Nopony answered. Twilight and her friends were still staring at the thing in front of her. It was huge, made from strong wood and painted in a midnight blue color.

A piece of cloth unfurled at the top of the mast. The deep black of it was only broken by the white of a full moon. Dark dots resembling moon craters outlined a unicorn horn and two wings, the same symbol that could be found on the backside of a bit coin.

Author's Note:

These weren't very long, but still... Three chapters out in one day! I feel like Rebonack.