• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 3,058 Views, 123 Comments

HUMAN: The Crystalvision Series - Razalon The Lizardman



The bond between creator and creation is strengthened in this sequel to HUMAN By: Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
9
 123
 3,058

Fate's calling

Founded a little over one hundred years prior to Nightmare Moon's return and subsequent defeat, the town of Hiddenite was quite unique amongst all the various pony settlements throughout the land of Equestria. The town was nestled within the Crescentine Mountains located in Midwestern Equestria; named for the way they bent over forward in a crescent-like shape, towering over the settlement like a claw trying to grasp it. Hiddenite was founded by a small group of nobles who'd fought tooth and hoof for funding from Celestia to explore the area in search of untouched veins of rare metals and gems. Upon founding the town, the nobles and their servants immediately set out in search of riches beyond their wildest dreams.

It wasn't long, however, before meetings with Diamond Dogs began occurring. The mongrels already occupied the area and obviously saw the ponies as intruding on their turf. Surprise encounters with the canines were an all too common occurrence in the mines. Miners would be digging at a vein in the earthen wall when, right in front of or very close to their faces, a burrowing dog would pop out and nearly give the poor pony a heart attack. Despite the animosity between the two races, however, their relations never once took a violent turn. Currently, both sides share a shaky truce with each other, made possible only because the surrounding region contains enough gems to satisfy everyone in residence.

Needless to say, Hiddenite wasn't particularly large for a pony community and therefore had very little in the way of medical hospitality for the 100 or so ponies that lived there. As a result, the small mining settlement was ill-equipped to deal with the influx of comatose ponies which had begun arriving by airship from the DELOS resort off Equestria's west coast. Word had reached Hiddenite, as well as other settlements around mid-western Equestria that an incident had occurred at the prestigious resort, leaving a large chunk of its guests comatose as a result. The small mining community was requested use of its services in nursing victims of the incident back to health, a request they had no qualms with carrying out. As a result, Hiddenite General Hospital was swamped with patients not long after royal airships began arriving with victims from the resort.

One of these victims was none other than the Bearer of Honesty herself, Applejack. The cowpony had been vacationing at the DELOS resort along with Rarity and Rainbow Dash, who'd stayed by her side for the entire trip from DELOS to Hiddenite. Along with them came Hiddenite's very own Prickly Pear, who'd also been vacationing at the resort and met the three elemental bearers upon arriving. Considering himself to be a friend of Applejack's, Prickly had opted to remain by Applejack's side for the whole trip to his hometown, which the unconscious mare's friends readily agreed to.

The three ponies remained with Applejack at Hiddenite General Hospital as airships continued dropping off victims from the resort. Not all the airborne ships carried comatose ponies, however; one airship that was arriving from the east held a group of very much wakeful ponies. They had chartered the airship to take them out to Hiddenite after receiving a telegram from Rarity and Rainbow Dash explaining what happened on their vacation as well as what fate had befallen Applejack. Now, a little less than a day later the group had finally reached the small mining community ready to support the Bearer of Honesty in her time of need.

Said group was comprised of a trio of related earth ponies, a non-related hyperactive earth pony, a shy yet concerned pegasus, and a panicking alicorn.


Everypony present in the hospital's lobby was startled when the front doors were violently thrown open and a group of six ponies rushed in. Said group was led by the recently crowned Princess Twilight, whose face had a look of utter panic etched upon it. She galloped straight up to the front desk and spoke to the receptionist, who was currently preoccupied with some paperwork and didn't see Twilight as a result.

"Applejack, where is she!?"

The receptionist sighed. "Look, whoever you are, you'll have to wait in line like everypony else; our staff can only attend to so many visitors at once."

Before Twilight could reply, Pinkie Pie began rambling. "If your staff can attend to so many visitors at once then you should be able to attend to us as well. I mean, 'so many' is practically the same thing as 'a lot' and surely the six of us aren't making it 'too many', unless you're understaffed in which case you really need to hire more ponies. Our hospital back in Ponyville is-mphfmphfmphf."

Big Macintosh shut Pinkie up with a hoof, much to everypony's utter delight and allowing Twilight to respond to the receptionist in a dignified manner.

"Miss . . . Pen Celly, it's impolite not to look a pony in the eyes when responding to them."

"And?" Pen replied, still not looking up from her paperwork.

Twilight resisted the urge to facehoof as she replied back. "This is Princess Twilight Sparkle speaking to you."

Pen Celly froze and her eyes went as wide as dinner plates. Slowly, and shakily, she turned her gaze up at the now very angry lavender alicorn frowning at her; Celly instantly regretted how she treated the royalty before her just then. Gulping, she got out of the chair, walked up to the door behind her and pushed the doorlock in to open it.

"Doctor!?" she called, sticking her head through the door. "In what room is a Miss Applejack being kept?"


"Thanks fer gettin' us in so easy, princess," Granny Smith thanked Twilight.

The group walked down one of the hospital's ground floor hallways counting off the room numbers on either side. They were on the lookout for Room 17; Applejack's room.

"You're welcome, Granny Smith." Twilight then sighed. "But I feel terrible having ponies cater to my demands because they fear me."

"Don't worry about it, Twilight," Pinkie Pie said from beside her as she bounce-walked. "Nopony is afraid of you; they're afraid of the power, literal and figurative, you've been granted from becoming a princess."

Everypony's face deadpanned while Twilight looked solemnly at the ground in front of her.

"Ah don't think that's a' helpin' Twilight feel better, Pinkie," Apple Bloom observed.

Fluttershy brought everyone's focus back onto the matter at hoof. "I hope Applejack will be alright after all this." All the Apples present turned to look at the shy pegasus with smiles on their faces.

"Don't y'all worry young'n," Granny Smith said.

"Yeah," Apple Bloom continued. "Mah big sis' got more steel in 'er resolve than a thousand nails combined, even when unconscious."

"Eeyup," Big Mac concluded.

After another minute of walking the group found Room 17; Twilight used her magic to open the door and entered with the group. Inside, Rarity was combing her mane in front of a mirror while Rainbow Dash was reading a Daring Do novel in one of the chairs along the wall. Sleeping soundly in another chair was Prickly Pear while Applejack lay in the room's bed, an oxygen mask cupped over her mouth and all sorts of tubes and wires running everywhere. A heart rate monitor stood next to the bed, giving off a beep every couple of moments indicating its charge was in good condition. The pearly unicorn and cyan pegasus looked up to see who had entered and immediately dropped what they were doing upon seeing it was their friends.

"Twilight, darling!" Rarity practically shouted. She rushed up to the alicorn in question and proceeded to bear hug the life out of her. Twilight struggled to respond through the crushing embrace.

"It's . . . good to . . . see you too . . . Rarity."

Thankfully for Twilight, Rainbow flew over and, with a little effort, yanked the fashionista off the princess. Twilight immediately sucked in a few gulps of precious air before talking.

"Is AJ gonna be alright?"

Rarity and Rainbow Dash were about to answer when one of the hospital's doctors happened to walk in just then. He wore a typical doctor's outfit, stethoscope and all, and had a spiky brown mane/tail, brown eyes, and a peach-colored coat. The nametag on his uniform identified him as Dr. Green Oak. Having heard the princess' question. He bowed briefly in a show of respect before answering her question.

"Miss Applejack will indeed be alright, princess." The new arrivals smiled happily while he walked over to Applejack's bedside and did a quick routine check to make sure her vital signs were normal. "Like all the other victims, she's been placed into a magic-induced coma; a little time is all it should take before she rejoins us in the real world."

"About that . . ." Rarity, Twilight, and Granny Smith replied in unison.

Dr. Oak flinched in surprise before quickly glancing at a clock on the wall. "Make it quick, as I've other patients to attend to." He gestured to Twilight. "Royalty first; yes, your highness?"

Twilight instinctively deadpanned at being given special royalty treatment as she gestured to Applejack on the bed. "How could this even happen!?" Her mane began to curl out of place. "How could DELOS authorize use of a cybercorn that's programmed with the Mind Crush spell. I've read about it; invented by Preslice the Healing at the start of the modern era, the Mind Crush spell resulted from a botched attempt at creating a cure for insomnia. It was NOT meant to be used in tandem with an attraction at a themed resort." Twilight's mane was now fully disheveled. "Why, if I ever find the featherbrain who approved su-mmphf."

Twilight's declamation was cut short by Big Macintosh's hoof. Dr. Oak was cringing by this point, and Twilight quickly realized she'd let herself get carried away . . . again. When Big Mac released her muzzle, Twilight did the hoof gesture Cadence taught her for calming down before continuing.

"I'm sorry for directing my anger at you, doctor," she apologized, bowing her head with a sorrowful look.

Dr. Oak smiled. "You are forgiven, princess." Twilight perked up with a smile. "And while I can't answer your question, there is someone here who can."

"Who?"

"His name is Mozier, one of DELOS' CEOs." He pointed back down the hall leading to the lobby. "He's here visiting his fellow CEO Bite Back, who was also victimized; right now he's in the front lobby waiting to help consul Bite's family when they arrive."

Twilight snorted. "I'll be back once I've finished tearing into him."

She walked out of the room, leaving everypony to pity Mozier in addition to Applejack. Dr. Oak then turned to Rarity. "You next, Miss Rarity."

She waved a hoof dismissively. "I was merely going to announce my intention to write a letter to DELOS proclaiming my unbridled rage against them for what happened, but now I see that will no longer be necessary."

"Point taken," Oak replied, then turned to Granny Smith. "And you Miss Smith?"

The ancient mare smiled. "Same thin'." She turned and walked over to the bed where Applejack lay. "Hang 'n there, Applejack, yer family's here fer ya now."

Apple Bloom and Big Mac joined her at the bedside. As everypony else turned to leave so the Apples could have some privacy, Rainbow turned to look at Prickly Pear who'd somehow managed to remain asleep throughout the entire conversation. She tapped Rarity on the shoulder.

"Should we wake him up?" she asked, gesturing to the sleeping cowpony stallion.

Rarity shook her head. "Let him sleep, Rainbow; he stayed up all night by Applejack's bedside, after all."

Dash nodded in agreement and the two exited the room, closing the door on the way out.

"Well, I have other DELOS victims that need attending to," Oak said, turning down the hallway. "It was nice meeting the Elemental Bearers firsthoof; I just wish the circumstances were more pleasant."

"Same here," Rarity replied. The four mares waved the doctor goodbye and turned in the opposite direction.

"So, now what?" Fluttershy asked nopony in particular.

"I'll tell you what," Rainbow Dash announced, rising into the air for total attention. "We're gonna help Twilight give . . . whatever his name was, a piece of our minds."

Rarity shook her head. "Darling, I already said it was no longer necessary."

"Besides," Pinkie said, "we've got a ginormous welcome-back-from-your-coma party to plan for when everypony wakes up."

Rarity rolled her eyes while Rainbow Dash groaned before speaking again. "Why not? He totally has it coming, and I have a whole lotta 'it' to give."

"I'm sure you do, Dash," Rarity replied, "but it'd be a waste of energy."

"What do you mean?" Dash asked, crossing her forelegs.

"Because, dear, Twilight's now royalty in addition to being Princess Celestia's friend and protégé." A wicked smile spread across Rarity's face. "When DELOS' management learns just who they've ticked off, they'll no doubt wet themselves like scared little foals." Rarity then let out an evil cackle that unnerved even the cyan Pegasus and made Fluttershy tremble.

Upon seeing her friends' reactions to her maniacal display, Rarity blushed and re-adopted her ladylike persona. "Now then," she said, "why don't I show you girls around Hiddenite while we wait for Twilight to finish tearing Mozier a new flank? I'd absolutely love to introduce you to my dear, sweet cousin Sol Do while we're here."

Everypony nodded and the group proceeded to leave the hospital through a nearby side entrance.


Twilight fumed all the way to the hospital's lobby. Anypony who crossed paths with the irate alicorn along the way was quick to back against the nearest wall upon seeing the look of pure, unbridled fury etched upon her face. Twilight paid them no heed as she stormed down the hospital's hallways towards her target's given location. Only once did she herself step aside for a couple of doctors who were bringing another comatose pony to a designated room for recovery. Upon reaching the door to the lobby, Twilight did her breathing technique once more to suppress her rage so as to not come off as intimidating to everypony inside. She intended to save her rage for Mozier and him alone. Once calm, she used her magic to open the door and re-entered the lobby.

Not one chair in the lobby was empty, as Twilight was quick to notice. Everywhere she looked she saw ponies either crying, fidgeting anxiously, or, in a few strange cases, sleeping despite all the activity around them. Twilight briefly wondered if they were all family members of victims the hospital was caring for and, if so, whether all had chartered airships to bring them here to see them. She took a moment to clear her throat before walking towards the room's middle. Being unable to use the Royal Canterlot Voice to command attention, she needed to improvise. Luckily for her, the mere sight of royalty was enough to silence everypony as Twilight turned her head while speaking to them.

"May I speak in private with one Mozier, please?"

Immediately, an earth pony with a purple coat, yellow mane and tail, brown eyes, and a cutie mark depicting a bit with an arrow pointing upwards stood up from his seat and bowed to her.

"I am Mozier." He hooked a fore hoof under the strap of his saddlebag and lifted it up onto his back. "Lead the way, princess."

Twilight snorted in response. She used her magic to open the door once again and slipped through with Mozier right behind. All the while she led him someplace private, Twilight pondered how best to tear into him without overstepping her bounds. Despite her new title of princess, Celestia had made it clear she wasn't of equal authority to herself or Luna. As of right now, Twilight was an R.O.S. (Royalty On Standby), a term coined by both Blueblood and Cadence to indicate when they were awaiting duties from Celestia. Now that Cadence ruled over the Crystal Empire with Shining Armor, Twilight was the new female R.O.S. of Equestria. As an R.O.S. she had no official authority over anypony, but she was allowed to, among other things, verbally ostracize anypony whom she judged to have done wrong. And Princess Twilight intended to make full use of said privilege right then.

After a minute of walking, Twilight and Mozier found a spot underneath a stairwell that was out of the way. She turned to face him only to be shocked at the solemn look he was giving her.

"I take it you're upset over what happened to your friend?" he asked in a sincere tone.

Twilight stared slack-jawed for a moment before recomposing herself. "How'd you know about Applejack?" she asked.

"Gossip concerning somepony as important as one of the elemental bearers does tend to spread like wildfire, your highness." Mozier sighed. "I overheard some of the doctors talking about how one of the victims was a bearer and her friends who were vacationing with her had refused to leave her bedside until you and her family arrived. Needless to say, I expected you'd be angry with DELOS as a result of this tragedy."

Twilight's face went stern. "You have no idea how close I am to tearing you a new flank."

"I have a pretty good idea of how close," Mozier replied as he reached into his saddlebag, "but hear me out first, okay?"

Twilight snorted, but nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, your highness." Mozier dug through his saddlebag a bit before pulling out a book. Despite the title being obscured by his teeth, Twilight recognized the cover as that of her novel, HUMAN.

"Now's about the worst possible time to ask for an autograph," she remarked.

Mozier let go of the book and let it fall onto his hoof. "I said hear me out, princess. The opportunity I'm about to offer is far too good to turn down."

Twilight cocked an eyebrow. "And what would that opportunity be?"

Mozier smiled. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, how would you like to see the humans of your creation be brought to life for everypony in Equestria to see and enjoy?"

Author's Note:

Point out any spelling/grammar errors any I'll be sure to fix them.

I hope this first chapter is satisfying enough for those who clambered for a sequel to the first HUMAN, even though it has yet to get into the meta-induced, self-referential ingeniousness you knew and loved from then. It should get into that in depth by the third chapter, at which point I all but guarantee you'll accept the Mane 6 as the overlord creators of humanity. It's true I tells you!!! 8O

Please rate, comment, subscribe, and all that good stuff