• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 1,576 Views, 8 Comments

The Lightning Seven: Equestria Bound *Old story* - Barracuda cyborg



A group of seven animal mercinaries for hire are sent to Equestria.

  • ...
1
 8
 1,576

Time to act

It was an ordinary day within the teams makeshift base and the everyone was thinking of a way to make some money after the whole waffle and Luna fiasco. "Aha I got an idea!" Scalor said as he jumped from his seat with excitement.

"What is it man?" Outlook said wondering what the answer to their solution was.

"We perform a play." Scalor responded. "Think of it, we could make many ponies cry, scream, and laugh with that screen play that I wrote a few years back.".

"Uh fish paste, no one wanted to hear your idea so why would they want to see it?" Razor asked knowing that the plan would be a flop.

"Well Twilight read it and she thought it was good, and frankly I always wanted to act." Slash said as he got up and made gestures that a thespian would make.

"Okay then, Kooker can make the scenes, the monologue will go to Dice, and the rest of us will practice our lines." C.B. said as he leapt from his seat. "Let's make a play!"

Eventually the whole team worked on Scalor's play, most of the scenes Kooker made fitted the script perfectly (even though it was mostly just red, black, and brown.). Scalor offered the main six if any of them wanted to be in the show, but only Rarity, Twilight, Spike, and Fluttershy were really qualified for the play. Outlook and Razor were put in charge of flyer distribution throughout the town. A few days of practice had passed and the gang was ready to perform the play.

"This is it Scalor, you're play will finally be seen on the stage." Twilight said with confidence

"Yep soon 'The harbinger of ruins' will finally be a success." Scalor said with tears in his left eye.

"Wait, did we set up a price for admission yet?" Dice asked thinking that they never set a price yet.

"Yeah Outlook said that two bits was a decent enough price." Scalor replied.

The night of the play

The sun started to set as crowds of ponies formed a line at a ticket booth. "Tickets here, get 'em while they're hot." Razor said as she was taking bits and giving tickets to the numerous ponies who where finding seats.

"Welcome everyone to a play that will amaze you in ways you can't even imagine. The lives portrayed on this stage are walking shadows; the poor players that strut and fret in their hour upon the stage, and they are heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound, fury, and emotion signifying nothing but ones dreams and fears." Dice said as the lights upon the stage were turned off except for the one that he was under.

"Wow, Dice is good actor isn't he." Fluttershy said amazed by how the samurai performed the monologue.

"He is, he took three days just perfecting that scene." Scalor said as he got into his costume. The play opened with a decollate wasteland that had smoke emitting from various parts of the landscape. "I am destruction, I am doom, I am known as 'The harbinger of ruins'. Scalor said as he protruded his character in the lowest voice he could possibly pull off.".

later in the play

"I don't care Blader, you and your lizard trackers find that monster so me and my collogues can destroy it!" Twilight said portraying General Warhead yelling at the assassin Blader and her pet komodo dragons.

"Yes General, come on Scales and Bones, we've got a beast to capture." Fluttershy said as she started to walk off the left stage side.

Around the end of the play

Around this point most of the ponies were crying as 'The harbinger of ruins' cradled Rarities character 'Ms. Persiana' as she laid dying due to Warheads assault on Scalors character.

"You were the only one to truly see anything gentle within me." Harbinger said as his voice started to crack due to the emotions.

" No one *cough* gave you a chance... to... really know... you. I know you... can be.. good." Rarity said as she played dead ending the play, but not without one last line.

"I am doom, destruction, and the destroyer of this world. My heart is an empty void that can never be filled. I'm the harbinger of ruins." Scalor said as the lights turned off ending the play.

Every stallion and mare started to cheer and cry out saying that the play was one of the greatest productions that most of them had seen in a while. "Thank you everyone we took our hearts and souls practicing our roles and we did our best performing for you." Scalor said as everyone on stage got up and started bowing.

Eventually when all of the ponies left the gang went and counted the bits. "59, 60, 61, and 62 bits made from just one performance." C.B said as he gathered all the bits into their official 'bit bag'. "So far so good, so what does that put us from our goal?" he asked Scalor since he was the financial keeper.

"Well were just 1,900 more bits till we hit our goal, and then we can buy the supplies to remake your portal machine." Scalor replied. "Well let's go back to the drawing board and think of a new plan." the fish robot said as he started to walk towards the tree library.

"If you guys need some more money I can give you the want ads in the papers if you want." Twilight said offering the guys some help.

"Thank you for the offer your majesty, but could we do it tomorrow because we're tired." Dice said as he slumped over.

"Yeah, he's right time for bed." Slash sais as he started to walk towards the base.