• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 3,826 Views, 59 Comments

Ponyville Generations: Spike's story - Paradise Oasis



Spike The Dragon enters a deep sleep in a cave beneath Ponyville, and wakes up centuries later to a whole new world!

  • ...
7
 59
 3,826

epilouge

epilouge

(Ponyville region, one year later...)

"Spike, are you sure you're ready for this?"

"Of course I am, Whimsy." The small dragon replied with a laugh. "Why wouldn't I be?"

It had been almost six months since Spike had been back to Ponyville, and the situation could turn out to be... awkward, to say the least. Spike still had many friends in the town, but there were also many ponies it felt strange to be around, as well. Some of them, like Twinkle Twirl, still blamed the dragon's overzealousness for all of the troubles the town had been through. And Spike was unsure how they would react to him.

Whimsy landed the two dragons on the outskirts of town, and they walked into Ponyville arm in arm. Spike could not believe how much the town resembled it's former self, from before the bait invasion.

"Wow, the ponies sure have worked hard to put things back the way they were!" Whimsy noted, as they passed Twinkle Twirl's dance studio.

"Hi Spike, how's it going?" Apple Spice yelled out the window, as the two dragon passed by.

"Hello, Apple Spice!" The dragon called back. "Hope your dancing is going well!"

The two dragons then past the roller coaster, where Sunny Daze and Sparkleworks were tinkering with the cars.

"Spike! Whimsy! How's it hangin'?" Sunny yelled to them, lifting up her shades.

"Hi, Sunny!" Whimsy waved back. "Hope you 'catch some waves'... or whatever..."

Sparkleworks merely looked up at the two dragons, then looked away guiltily. Having been only recently freed from confinement, the mare was in no mood to talk to Spike.

On thier way to the castle, Spike and Whimsy were sure to stop and say hello to Rainbow Dash, who had a new hat she had made just for the weather wyrm.

"I really hope it fits you, darling!" The fashionista pony whinnied. "I had to do a lot of guesswork with you brim measurements!"

"That's okay, Dash!" The female dragon said with a giggle. She slipped the large, white-brimmed sunhat on her head. "It's simply wonderful!"

"Sorry I don't have anything new for you, Spike Darling!" Rainbow sighed. "News of your visit was much to short notice!"

"Aww, that's okay, Dash!" Spike waved his claw dismissively. "You have enough of your own work to do, anyway!"

Finally, the two dragons came to the repaired Celebrations Castle, where Pinkie Pie and Fiesta waited for him outside.

"Spike! Mi amigo!" Fiesta called out, rushing up to greet him. "So good to see you!"

"About time you two got here! Everybody's waiting for you inside!" Pinkie Pie giggled. "The party's about to begin!"

The two dragons followed the two ponies into the castle ballroom, where Princess Wysteria and Zipzee were waiting for them.

"Hey, Spike!" Zipzee called out. "It's so great ta see ya again!"

"Oh, Whimsy! I'm so glad to see you!" Wysteria called out, hopping off her throne. "And someone else is happy to see the two of you, too..."

It was then, that a familiar green pony trotted out from behind the throne, a great big smile on her face.

"Hi, everybody!" The now fully healed mare called out. "Miss me?"

"MINTY!" Spike rushed forward, and gave the well-meaning klutz a great big hug. The two friends were happy to see each other again.

"Hey everybody! What are we waiting for?" Pinkie Pie called out. "Let's get this party STARTED!"

And so the music and dancing went on well into the night, as pony and dragon alike partook in the festivities. And as Spike danced under the bright lights to the music, he could feel the warmpth of a white unicorn's affection and friendship, smiling down on the happiness he had found.

-Fin-


It should come as no surprise to anyone, that Ponyville's fortunes did indeed improve after the dragon Spike awoke from his slumber. For several generations after, the Town of Ponyville prospered- under the watchful protection of the two dragons of Willy Nilly mountain. Sadly, the day came when the forces of the dark lord Tirek swept over the Equestria valley, plundering every settlement in their path. Spike and Whimsy were able to protect the home of their pony friends, but only at a great cost...

Whimsy Weatherby, proud dragoness defender of Ponyville, fell before the dark lord's Strydon hordes. Spike was devastated, and offered no resistance when the dark lord's armies carried him off into slavery. Bereft of his mate and his horde, the despairing dragon shriveled back into the purple, infantile dragonling that had been Twilight Sparkle's assistant so long ago. And it would be this sorry creature, that the Dream Valley ponies would rescue from Tirek's Midnight castle centuries later.

Unicornia and Ponyville would thrive as a sister communities for several centuries, until the coming of the Grogar wars sealed their fates. Celebration Castle and the Rainbow Crystal Castle were dismantled, and transported high into the mountains, where they would become the center citadels of Misty Mountain Fortress and Fort Rainbow Dash, respectively.

And as for Applejack, well... I suggest you read my other historical narratives, if you wish to learn her fate

Today, the ruins of Ponyville are an eerie ghost town, filled with broken down buildings, and a lonely wind howling though the excavated archeological pits. If you happen to pass that way on your travels, dear reader, perhaps you will hear the sounds of the five harmony bearers and their friends, still sharing their laughter and friendship across the ages.

Or perhaps... perhaps you will hear the laughter and friendship of a forgotten generation, one that was just as noble and grand as the ones that preceded it... and the ones that came after.

Thane Tornado Firehooves
Historian to Queen Majesty
Dream Castle

Comments ( 12 )

Very nice. One typo though.
Benefit of his mate and his horde
I'm pretty sure you meant Bereft.

good story, finally got around to reading the whole thing, hope evry one of your stories doesnt have such a sadd ending as this one did.

Very good story, Firehooves! It is a breath of fresh air to read one of your stories which isn't as dark and tragic as the others. Keep up the good work!:pinkiesmile::raritywink::twilightsmile:

Hello! I totally love this story! Glad to know your a Minty fan too! I have also read The Magnificent 6 and totally am loving it!

2612608

That's awesome, thanks! Glad you love my stories! :pinkiehappy: I might do more G3 stories, I've got a Daffeydazey and Starcatcher one in mind, called 'bad mane day', where the queen of the Pegasus ponies decides to try a perm at Ponyville's salon, but Daffeydazey loses her glasses, and thing get really crazy for the poor unicorn. :rainbowlaugh:

A very interesting take, I can see you've studied archelogy. Did you manage to incorporate G2 into your stories as well?

Why aren't there any g2 g4 crossovers?

I was wondering where g3 fit into your timeline! Now I know! Great story to read, but a little sad now and again.

Well that explains g1 spike . Didn't know dragons would revert like that but eh . Great tale and wel worth the read in this grand universe you have deftly checking out more .

Login or register to comment