• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 15,366 Views, 227 Comments

Twilight's Love - Bluecatcinema



The ongoing romance of Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry.

  • ...
64
 227
 15,366

First Fight

Twilight was visiting Flash in the Crystal Empire. They were at his home, sitting on his couch. Flash had one wing draped around her as they snuggled.

"This is always sooo worth the wait." Twilight sighed.

"So true." Flash agreed. "If only you didn't have all that princess work to do. Being forced to read all those dusty old books..."

"I happen to like those 'dusty old books' actually." Twilight declared.

"I know." Flash nodded. "But maybe if you eased up on them a little-"

"I can't ease up on them." Twilight said hotly, moving out of Flash's embrace. "If I'm ever going to be half the princess Celestia is, I need to learn all I can!"

"Hey, easy." Flash said hastily. "I was just saying, less reading would free up your time to see me more often. I've got to be more interesting then sitting at a desk all day, reading some musty book on 'proper etiquette' and 'royal speeches'."

"At least books don't talk back." Twilight snapped. "And they don't belittle my goals."

"Well, excuse me, princess!" Flash growled. "You didn't have to bite my head off. I just thought you might want to spend more time with your coltfriend, that's all!"

"Well, right now, I'm starting to think otherwise!" Twilight snarled, getting off the couch. "A real coltfriend would understand that my studies are important, and support me! Guess this means you're not a real coltfriend, after all! If you ask me, all that marching and standing around must have dulled your brain!"

"Typical know-it-all princess." Flash snorted. "You always have to be right about everything, huh?"

"Not always." Twilight retorted. "Looks like I was wrong about you!"

"Guess there's a first time for everything." Flash grimaced. "Another learning experience for the new princess."

"You know what?" Twilight sniffed, heading for the door. "Forget it. I'm going. Give me a call when you stop being a jerk!"

"You first!" Flash yelled after her. "That's if I'm not too 'dull-brained' to listen!"

Twilight responded by slamming the door as hard as she could. She trotted angrily down the streets of the Crystal Empire. Finding an empty bench, she sat down for a moment. Her rage soon gave in regret.

'Why did I say all that?' Twilight thought. 'What's wrong with me?'

The truth was, Twilight had over-exerted herself with her studies of late. While she thought she had handled it well, subconsciously, it had stressed her out, and she had unwittingly taken it out on Flash.

'I've ruined everything.' Twilight despaired, her eyes starting to tear up. 'Flash will never want to speak to me again!'

"Twilight?" Asked a familiar voice.

"It was Cadance, standing by Twilight with a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Flash and I... had a fight." Twilight sniffed.

"About what?" Cadance asked.

"About my studies." Twilight told her, wiping her eyes. "It was just a small thing, really. It was about all the time I spend reading. But it all blew out of proportion! The things we said to each other..."

"The first fight is always the worst." Cadance patted Twilight on the back. "I remember the first time Shining and I fought."

"You two fight?" Twilight gasped.

"We have our little disagreements, like any couple." Cadance nodded. "The first one was not long after we started dating. Shining wanted to go the movies, but I wanted to have a picnic in the park. It turned into this big shouting match, and ended with each of us going home and swearing never to speak to the other again."

"Then what happened?" Twilight asked, shocked that the two would ever say such a thing to each other.

"Well, basically, I sulked in my room for three days." Cadance remembered. "Then I realised how much I missed Shining. I decided to go right over to your parents' place and apologise to him. When I got there, your parents told me he had just left to apologise to me. I ran back to my place to meet him, and we wound up bumping into each other halfway there, after he'd realised I wasn't home. We both started talking at once, saying 'sorry' and 'I never meant to say that'... Once we moved on to talking one at a time, we forgave each other, and promised never to be so stubborn again."

"So, you think I should apologise to Flash?" Twilight asked.

"Love is a rare and beautiful thing." Cadance declared. "You shouldn't discard it over a little disagreement."

"You're right, Cadance." Twilight stood. "I'll go and apologise to him right now!"

Twilight made to leave, then suddenly turned back.

"Wait, how'd you know I was here?" She asked.

"I'm the princess of love." Cadance replied. "I can sense when love is in peril."

"Really?" Twilight raised her eyebrow.

"No, not really." Cadance admitted. "I was just out for a walk when I saw you run by, and thought there might be something wrong."

"Okay then." Twilight shrugged, turning and resuming her departure.

Twilight walked right up to Flash's front door, took a deep breath, then knocked. Flash opened the door, a scowl on his muzzle.

"Oh, it's you." He said. "What do you want?"

"To say 'I'm sorry'." Twilight sighed. "I didn't mean to say all those things. The fact is, I completely overreacted. It was all my fault, Flash. What we have is special, and I don't want to lose it over some silly fight."

The scowl slid off Flash's muzzle.

"It was my fault, too." He admitted. "I should've known how important all that studying is to you, and I definitely shouldn't have said all that stuff. Guess I sorta... overreacted to your overreaction."

Twilight smiled nervously.

"I don't want to lose you either." Flash declared. "Forgive me?"

"Only if you forgive me." Twilight countered.

"Deal." Flash smiled, leaning in to rub his nose against hers. "Now, where were we?"

"I believe we were on the couch." Twilight reminded him. "And I had a certain somepony's wing wrapped around me."

"Of course." Flash chuckled. "How could I forget?"

The couple returned to the couch. They had made it through their first disagreement and successfully reconciled, their bond becoming stronger for it.