• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,283 Views, 42 Comments

One's Past is Another's Future - Masked_Frenchman



Two humans living the life in their own world accidentally going into the world of Equestria and try to find a way back home.

  • ...
8
 42
 1,283

Chapter 5: Who was that Mare?

In the morning, Neon poured himself some cereal with a smile plastered to his face. Twilight looked up at him and smiled. "Well someone seems to be happy, good morning." Twilight greeted with a smile. Neon poured his cereal, making a small mess, and looked up to her drowsy.

"What? Oh, right, yea, good morning Twilight. I am not normally a morning person. How are you?" Neon asked tired, trying to wake up, he started to pour the milk but spilled it on the table. "Ah crud!" Neon exclaimed as he put the milk down. Twilight giggled to herself as she picked up a rag with her magic and started to clean it up.

"It is fine, you are use to hands, so I know it will take some time to get use to using hooves now." Twilight explained with a smile on her face as she cleaned up the spilt milk. She happened to look at his wings and something caught her eye on his flank. There she saw a cutie mark of a sky blue music note in front of a pitch black heart. "Oh, wow! You got your cutie mark!" Twilight exclaimed with excitement. Neon felt her stare and looked at her smile while his cheeks started to redden ever so slightly.

"Oh, yea, uhhh. I got it after I won the DJ contest yesterday. I guess I still have the skills even in this world. But it was amazing! The crowd cheering me on, shouting my name. Everyone dancing to my beats. It was so incredible! If this is my destiny, then I believe I am gonna be very happy for awhile." Neon explained excited. He grabbed his spoon with his hoof as he tried to raise the spoon with cereal to his mouth, and failed. Random slowly walked upstairs from the basement with red bloodshot eyes. Neon finally got a spoonful of cereal into his inpatient mouth. As he chewed it with a smile on his face and looked over at Random heading for the coffee pot at the other end of the room. "Morning sleeping beauty, how did you sleep?" Neon asked playfully, watching Random who turned around, only showing his red eye with pure hatred, as he said quietly

"You will shut the hell up before I cram this coffee pot straight up your flank". Both Twilight and Neon looked at him with their jaws dropped. Neon, who was about to take another bite, slowly lowered his spoon. Random looked away and started to pour himself a cup of coffee. Twilight looked at Neon with fear in her eyes as Neon's shocked expression turned more relaxed.

"It's fine, he is always cranky before his coffee. Even if their is alittle more spice in his words, He is fine. Just don't get in his way." Neon explained. Spike came down stairs, rubbing his eyes exhausted. As Neon looked over at Spike in a slight amazement, since he still can't get use to the fact of a baby dragon, he chuckled to himself and turned back to his cereal. Spike reached over for the coffee pot and noticed it wasn't there. He opened his eyes and noticed that Random had the coffee pot.

"Yea, look, I know you are new so it is no big deal, but the coffee is for me, alright? I don't like any other pony drinking it, besides Twilight. Just so you know for next time, ok?" Spike said with a slight disrespectful tone. Random stopped preparing his coffee and very slowly turned to the young purple dragon with a searing hatred burning in his red eye.

"If you try to stop me, I will make greatest fears look like a pleasant paradise in comparison to what I would do to you. I will make your greatest nightmares into reality right before your eyes. I will destroy anything and everything you hold dear to your heart." Random said coldly as he stared down the young dragon with murderous intention. Spike stared back wide eye and slowly backed away slowly, his eyes frozen into the murderously cold eyes of Random. After he took a few steps back Random turned back to his cup of coffee as he started sipping it. Twilight looked over at Neon who chuckled to himself and turned to look over at the terrified Spike who looked like he was about to go to a corner.

"Sorry Spike, I guess I should have warned you about him. He gets pretty cranky if he doesn't get his coffee. He is still trying to get use to this place so he doesn't sleep well." Neon explained while continuing to eat his cereal as he turned back to look at a worried Twilight. "When ever we would go to a new sleeping spot, I would always have to get him some coffee, he should be fine in a few more days. For now, let's just stay out of his way until he finishes his coffee." Neon finishes as he finished his cereal. Twilight looked at Neon concerned and then back to Random as he finishes his coffee. "You better there Random?" Neon asked patiently. Random put the mug down and spun around to look at Neon with a large smile.

"Never better, sorry about that." apologized Random as he bounced around again. Neon put his bowl in the sink and stretched around a bit. "Alrighty, well, if you guys don't mind, I am gonna go and take a shower if you guy's don't mind." said Neon as he headed downstairs to the bathroom. Random smiled questionably.

"You might want to hurry, remember yesterday were PinkiePie charged through the door and made you get stuck into the ceiling?" Random asked jokingly. Neon shook his head smiling confidently as he leaned on one of the windows next to the basement door.

"Look, the likely hood for someone to startle me again is very very low, and besides, I am on the other side of the room. Even if someone came through like that, I wouldn't be affected by it. So, if you excuse me, I have some-" as Neon was talking, he suddenly heard something and he stopped talking to listen carefully. It sorta sounded like faint, distant yelling. As he listened Twilight, Spike and Random watched him quietly as they started to hear the noise as well. "What is that?" Neon asked puzzled. Suddenly a cyan colored pegasus crashed into the window Neon was leaning on, startling him. Once again his wings took off with the sudden fright and launched him into the ceiling. Random looked up at him and burst out laughing again.

"Rainbow Dash?" Asked Twilight, looking at the rainbow mane of the cyan pegesus as she was stuck into the window, slowly sliding down it squeaking the window in the process. After Twilight got her down and inside, she sat her down and asked "What happened? You normally don't crash like that very often"? Rainbow Dash looked at the ground embarrassed.

"Well, I was trying this new move I made up, and. . . . I sorta screwed up the end of it and did a few too many spins. So. . . uhh. . . I might have lost control near the end of it. . . . and. . . . well. . . . . I kinda came spinning over here. . . . and boom, here I am." Rainbow Dash explained. Twilight smiled by the end of her explanation.

"Well, I am glad that that's all it was then." said Twilight calmly. She looked around in a slight daze as she pondered. "I feel like I am forgetting something." Twilight said to herself.

"Maybe it's the fact that my HEAD IS STUCK IN THE FREAKING CEILING AGAIN!!!!!" Neon screamed out, flailing his legs around in frustration. Random looked back up, laughing again, rolling onto the floor. Rainbow Dash looked up and started to hold back laughing herself, and failed miserably. Twilight looked up and felt embarrassed.

"Oh my Celestia, I am so sorry. I keep forgetting." Twilight said as she quickly pulled him from the ceiling and placed him safely onto the ground. When Neon's hooves were back onto the ground he took a deep breath and looked over at Random.

"So, funny guy, is this funny to you?" Neon asked annoyed. Random replied with more laughter. Neon's eye started to twitch as he grabbed a hold of Random. "Alright then funny guy, laugh at this!" Neon called out as he chucked him as hard as he could into the ceiling. With one quick motion, before Random could even react, he flew upwards and his face went right through the ceiling. Random struggled to free himself from his new predicament. Neon smiled to himself at what he has done. "You know, I can now understand why you find this funny." explained Neon as he started laughing. Rainbow was rolling on the floor laughing her flank off.

"Oh my sweet Celestia, where did you find these ponies? They are a freaking riot!" Rainbow Dash asked as she was trying to catch her breath. Twilight looked up at her ceiling and face hoofed herself.

"Yea, a riot seems fairly fitting for these 2 ponies. One of these days, they are gonna end up tearing this place down." Twilight explained, shaking her head with disappointment looking up at the patched holes in her ceiling. Random managed to pull himself out of the ceiling and stared at Neon with an evil smile.

"Alright bro, let's do this!" Random challenged. He focused his magic and he levitated Neon and threw him into the ceiling and started laughing. Neon struggled for alittle while but got himself unstuck.

"IT'S ON!!!!!" Neon cried out and charged right into Random's chest. They rolled around on the ground as they wrestled for domination. Random got on his hooves and threw Neon into the wall with his magic. Neon pushed off of it and crashed Random into a bookshelf, having the books fall on top of them. Random kicked him off and pushed the books aside. Looking at them, he levitated them one by one and threw them at Neon. With a sudden burst of agility he managed to dodge every book Random threw at him. "Is that all you got?!" Neon challenged with confidence in his voice.

"I am just getting started!" Random replied with an evil smile. He closed his eyes and focused as he grabbed a large group of books and chucked them all at once. Shocked, Neon tried to dodge them but failed and got pummeled by the flying literature. Neon poked his head out slightly confused but smiled back at him daringly.

"Sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never-" Neon started. He dropped his jaw when he suddenly saw Random levitate an entire book shelf and threw it at him. "OH COME ON!!!" He yelled before it hit him. After a moment of silence Neon burst threw the books that covered the floor and hovered in the air, using his wings properly for the first time. "This ends now!" he yelled out as he flew right at Random at top speed.

"We'll see about that!" Random called back over as he charged at Neon. The 2 were about to collide in mid air but stopped as a faint purple aura covered them. Twilight held them in place with a stern look on her face. Random looked at Twilight slightly scared and then back to Neon. "Ok, well, I guess this does end. Well played Neon." Random said calmly.

"That is enough from you too! Do you ponies plan on destroying my house?" Twilight asked annoyed. She let go of Random and Neon as they fell onto the floor. When they got back up they looked around at the mess they made and looked back guilty. Rainbow Dash snickered in the background, trying to stop her laughing. "Now clean this mess up!" she demanded with a booming voice. Both of the 2 trouble makers jumped to attention and quickly got to work. A few hours later they were finally done and all the damage was fixed. Once their chore was completed, they decided to go out for a walk, promising Twilight that they would not get into any more trouble.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Random asked Neon. He thought for a minute and tried to snap his fingers, then realized he didn't have any. With a slightly embarrassed smile he relied

"Not sure, wanna try to find a club or something? They must have something good around here." Neon thought out loud. Random shook his head.

"It is only around 3. If there are any clubs, they would not be opened at this time you idiot." Random explained with annoyance in his voice. Neon shrugged his shoulders as they continued walking down the street. They stopped at a store and Random turned to Neon. "Anyway, wait here, I am gonna go and get us something to drink. Be right back." explained Random as he went into the store. Neon looked around the town. Ponies of different kinds walking around on a beautiful sunny day. A unicorn happily making a purchase at an apple booth humming alittle tune to herself. A pegasus buying some flowers, looking alittle shy while he bought them. A normal pony without wings or a horn walked around, looking like she was looking for some pony. Neon smiled to himself as he stared off into a day dream.

"It may be a whole different world, but it honestly isn't all that much different." Neon though tout loud. He turned quickly to the right and bumped into an ice blue unicorn and they both fell onto the ground. Neon rubbed his back side and looked at the pony that he bumped into. the pony in question looked like that of a female and looked back at Neon with a hurtful expression on her face, staring into his eyes. "I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't mean to do that. I wasn't paying attention." Neon said, trying to apologize. The Ice blue unicorn got up slowly and dusted herself off.

"Is that how you greet ponies here? By pushing them to the ground?" she asked. Her words seemed annoyed, but her tone was very calm.

"I honestly didn't mean to. I was kinda lost in my thoughts and I wasn't paying attention and-" Neon started, but noticed the pony was laughing. It was a really cute laugh.

"I am sorry, I have fun messing with ponies from time to time. I'm not actually hurt or anything. So relax, although-" She explained, taking a few steps towards him. "- you are really cute when you feel bad." she finished, bashing her eye lashes together. Neon backed away slowly, feeling like his face was on fire. The mare had ice blue fur with and equally ice blue mane but with dark blue highlights. Her eyes, which seemed like they were glowing, where also ice blue with such stunning beauty.

"Ummm, well, uhhh. . . . I-I-I am still s-s-sorry that I b-b-bumped into you l-l-like that." Neon said stuttering, trying to calm down. His pathetic attempt only made her giggle innocently, slowly turning his face beat red.

"You know, for a pesasus, you are just so cute, and innocent. I normally don't pay much attention to them, but you, you are quiet the hottie, aren't you?" She continued to flirt with him. Leaning up into him she looked deeply into Neon's eyes and with a coy smile. "My name is Shiva, what's your name?" she asked politely. Neon was shocked with the scene. Here, we have a mare he just met, suddenly flirting with him. Now normally Neon is used to this sort of treatment, and he never even thought about it. He always looked at it as playful conversation. But now that he was single, now he feels like this is the very first time he has ever seen a girl, or maybe to put it alittle better, a female.

"Ummm, my name i-is. . . Neon, Neon Rave" Neon said hesitantly. Shiva rubbed up on him slightly, slowly leaning in towards his lips.

"Well then, could you help me? I need to go home tonight. But I am just so lonely with no one there, and it's so cold. Could you, maybe-" Shiva leaned into him some more, only inches away from Neon's lips. "- keep me warm in my bedroom?" she finished seductively. Neon's wings suddenly shot straight up into the air. Shiva closed her eyes, now only a very thin layer of air between them. She stopped and smiled, pulling out and started laughing. "I'm sorry, you should have seen your face! I really had you going there!" Shiva suddenly burst out laughing. Neon froze in confusion with the slightest hint of lust as he looked at her.

"W-w-what?" was all Neon could manage to force past his lips. Shiva calmed down and smiled kindly to him.

"Relax, I didn't mean anything by it, I am abit flirtatious is all. I like to mess with some colts now and then, and some times a mare or 2 to mix it in, just for fun. I hope I didn't offend you or anything. I do tend to get carried away. Anywam, I got some business to do. So I will see you around big guy, oh and by the way-" she looked at Neon's wings that were standing straight up. She noticed they were much bigger than they normally were supposed to be. "-nice wings." she finished with an innocent giggle and she walked off. Neon watched her as she walked off away from him and turned a corner. Before Shiva disappeared, she looked at Neon one more time and gave him a wink and then disappeared.

"Who in the world is that mare?" Neon asked himself out loud. He suddenly heard the door behind him open as Random came out with a candy bar in his mouth and levitated 2 large bags.

"Hey 'eon, wha' yu' 'ookin' a?" asked Random with his mouth stuffed with a candy bar. Neon, with out turning around, continued to stare out with a blank stare.

"It's hard to explain." was all Neon would say as he continued to stare off.

"You bumped in a really pretty mare unicorn while you were stuck day dreaming about Ponyville and while trying to say sorry about bumping into her and trying to explain yourself, she starts to flirt with you and making your wings go poof just to find out alittle later that she was just messing with your head but you liked it in a way so you stood there embarrassed that she caught you like that and you actually wanted to get to know her but she left with out giving more than a name, leaving you in confusion and wonder?" explained a familiar voice from behind Random with one big breath. "Hoo that was a long one." the voice finished. Neon's facial expression changed from wonder to shock. He knew that voice, how could he forget it, as he slowly turned around to find PinkiePie jumping up and down like always right behind Random.

"How did you know?" Neon asked in disbelief. PinkiePie shrugged her shoulders.

"Just a hunch." PinkiePie answered innocently. Neon's eye twitched slightly trying to figure out how she does that. Everything about her confuses him so much. Random finished his candy bar and looked at the 2.

"Screw logic, right?" Random added in with a small laugh. Neon couldn't help himself but to laugh with him. "Anyway, I went in there to find a soda or something, and I found her behind the counter. She actually works her. She was finishing up when I walked in. Small world, right? So she decided to hang with us for the rest of the day. That's ok, right?" asked Random. Neon stared Blankly in Random's eyes as he slowly walked towards a light post and smashed his head in it over and over again. Random watched for a second and then turned to PinkiePie. "Aaaand that's a yes!" he said happily as they both jumped up and down around Neon in a circle.

* * * * * * * *

Shiva watched Neon from afar as he was with his friends. She giggled while watching them. "Keep your head in the game. This is why I keep telling you not to flirt on the job. Your performance drops every time you flirt with some passing colt before a job." Said a hefty griffin rudely, loading a pair of 3-shot pistols. Shiva turned to the griffin with a mean stare.

"At least I have fun now and then. Unlike you who is nothing but business. You need to learn to lighten up Bard." Shiva replied with a cold tone. The griffin chuckled to himself.

"Business and play are the same thing for me. I love my job, I am good at it, so I do nothing but my job. You need to learn to be more professional if we are gonna make a name for ourselves." explained Bard, placing an small ax bayonet on his pistol, doing the same to another pistol on his other side. Shiva looked out to a mansion on the other side of their field of view. Bard was a big, bulky griffin with a crooked beak and hateful dark blue eyes. He had fire red feathers and neon orange fur that he covered with red pants. He wore a thick dark red leather vest which had lots of pockets which contained different items such as grenades, spare bullets, different bayonets, knives, ect. Bard also wore a worn out red helmet that looked like it has seen more battles than it was supposed to, covered in dents and scratches all over it.

"Fine, I'll try, where is Shard now?" Shiva asked emotionlessly. Bard smiled.

"Much better. Now, Shard is at the retreat spot, making sure the air is clear for our get away. No violence this time, we get in, grab some stupid book, and get out. No shooting up the place, or freezing it like the last job." Bard explained, adding alittle jab of guilt to the last sentence.

"Whatever, they were asking it, no one touches my tail! Anyway, is this pony "Filthy Rich" going to give us problems?" Shiva asked.

"No, he is a coward when it comes down to a show down. Be alittle flashy and he will give us the keys to his house if we asked." Bard ended with a chuckle. Shiva giggled abit as well. "But still, we need to be quick. The guards will catch onto our presence pretty quickly. In, out, gone, got it?" Bard asked aggressively as he placed his pistols in his holsters on the sides of his hips. Shiva simply nodded her head in annoyance. Bard smiled and looked down to Filthy Rich's mansion. "Now, let's do this so we can get paid." Bard added with a menacing smile on his face, spreading open his feathered wings. Shiva looked up to him and smiled just as dark as they took off for the mansion.

Author's Note:

Since I have been forgetting to do this, I want to say it now since I realized this neat little author's notes thingy. Anyway, this story line is thanks to my very good friend Randomguy8783, yes, I sorta added him into the story series to honor him. He throws at me the main concept of the story and what certain things he wants to happen and I connect everything together with some filler stuff to lead up to the main events. So thank you Guy for the story. I will be adding in some music to the story to amplify the emotions and scenes, I am not sure how, maybe just give a list of songs for the chapter and number them for when they should be played, I am not sure, but if you like the idea, comment it to give your opinion on ether the idea, the story, or your favorite food, jk. Anyway, tell me what you like and what you don't like so I know what to keep doing and what not to do so I know how to be better. Lastly, I may be alittle slower on posting the stories, I am reading other stories to figure out how to intensify some scenes and emotions. I always strive to be better for you guys, anyway, I talked your eyes out, hope to see you in the future chapters, enjoy ;)