• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,276 Views, 42 Comments

One's Past is Another's Future - Masked_Frenchman



Two humans living the life in their own world accidentally going into the world of Equestria and try to find a way back home.

  • ...
8
 42
 1,276

Chapter 4: Cutie Marks and Dreams

Random Looked up as well to see the horn sticking out of his head now. "W-w-what is happening, how did this happen?" he asked confused at first but a smile started to form on his face. "Wait, now I can cast magic, right?" he asked again but excited about it now. Twilight looked at him, lost for words, unable to answer.

"Dude, try to do something, anything!" Neon exclaimed excited. Random focused hard as his horn started to glow blue. Without warning, Neon started to have a blue aura around him as he started to float up a few inches. "Dude, it's working, it's really working!!! Now you can-" he started. Once again with out warning, Neon launched upward really fast and crashed into the ceiling, his head stuck in it. "OH COME ON!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!" He screamed out in frustration as he started struggling to get out of his situation. Random looked up at Neon and fell to the floor laughing.

"Awesome, just what I wanted to see." Random laughed out, rolling on the floor clutching his side. Twilight finally snapped out of it and ran up to Random.

"Random, don't you understand what this means?! You some how have the ability to switch from an earth pony to a unicorn! How did you do that? Can you change into a pegasus as well? Do you have control over it? Is it a type of magical properties that you have? Are you a changling of some sort? How long did you have this ability? Is it in check? What else can you change into?" Twilight asked very quickly, almost forgetting to breath. Random stopped his laughing spree to look at her confused as she bombarded him with questions. By the end of it all he just sat there, his eye twitching. "Oh, sorry, sometimes I get alittle carried away." she explained herself.

"And forgetful, you know, like you forgot that there is someone stuck in your ceiling!" Neon yelled out, but his words fell on deaf ears. "Why does this keep happening to me"? Twilight looked Random over to see any sort of sign or clue to explain the sudden transformation. 'Everything is the same, same blond fur, same short brown mane, same red eyes, same- what the?' Twilight looked closer and noticed that instead of a sky blue eye and a crimson red eye, both of his eyes were red.

"Hmmmm, how odd. I am gonna have to do alittle research on this. The magical potential in this educational endeavor is too valuable to miss in. This could be the start of something extraordinary. The magical capabilities in this sort of potential predicament is extraordinary. You don't mind-" Twilight stopped and noticed Random stared at her with a pained look in his eyes as they twitched with confusion and misery. "Oh, sorry, uhhh, this is very big, and you might have an ability that no other pony has. Even Celestia doesn't have this sort of power that I know of." Twilight explained. Random still looked at her as he went into a corner into the fettle position and slowly rocked back and forth. "Are you ok?"

"Is he in the fettle position in a darkened corner?" Neon asked.

"Yea, how did you know? Neon?" Twilight looked around and couldn't see him.

"Oh right, you can't see me cuss I'M STILL IN THE MOTHER FU@&!*$ CEILING!!!!" Neon screamed in frustration, still trying to get out of the ceiling. Twilight looked up and saw Neon still dangling in the ceiling, his legs swinging around wildly, trying to free his head.

"Oh my Celestia, I am so sorry. Here, let me get you down." Twilight said apologetic. She grabbed him with her magic and pulled him down, placing him softly back on the ground. "There we go." she added, brushing him off. "Anyway, why is he in the corner"?

"When you say a whole bunch of big words like that at him in such of a consistency like that, his mind just freezes up in the confusion and that's how he copes with it, he will be fine in a second, but if something funny happens, then he will be right back-" Neon started. His back was to the front door when it suddenly burst open with a very loud bang that scared Neon, sending his wings out of control and bursting up, rocketing him to the ceiling again. "I HATE MY LIIIIFFFFFEEEE!!!!!!!" he screamed in anger and frustration.

"GOOOOOOD MOOORRRRRNNNING!!" a cheerful and joyous voice screamed into the home. Random snapped out of it and started laughing his plot off again, rolling around on the floor at Neon's misfortune.

"Good morning PinkiePie." Twilight greeted the energized pink mare.

"Morning Twilight, how goes the teaching thing?" she asked, looking over at Random rolling on the floor laughing. "Hey, that looks like fun!" She called out. She jumped over to him and started copying him exactly, rolling on the floor, laughing.

"Just. . . . get. . . . me. . . . . down!" Neon said annoyed. "I swear, when I get down from here, I am gonna kill you in so many ways"! As Twilight brought him down again, Random started to calm down alittle so he could actually breath. Neon jumped at Random and started wrestling around, again rolling around on the floor. "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!" Neon yelled as he started to strangle Random. Random, still smiling, reversed the hold and put Neon in a head lock, after a few minutes of wrestling as PinkiePie and Twilight watching, PinkiePie started clapping her hooves in excitement.

"Come on guys, you shouldn't be fighting, Can't we just calm down and try to work-" Twilight started as PinkiPie jumped up and down next to her.

"WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! This looks like so much fun!! I want to join in on the fun!" cried out PinkiePie as she jumped up and body slammed the 2 stallions and put them both in a head lock.

"Let's get her!" Neon cried out.

"I'm game." agreed Random as they both ganged up on the pink, fluffy pony. Twilight watched them as they rolled around fighting. Spike looked down from upstairs, glanced at the fight, then with out saying anything turned back around and went back to bed. Twilight looked at the trio hopelessly and faced hoof herself. After a couple hours of wrestling the three finally ended their play fight and just laid on the ground, catching their breath. "By the way, we didn't catch your name? I'm Random Guy, this is my best friend, Neon Rave." Random explained to PinkiePie. She jumped back to her hooves and helped them up.

"Hi, I'm PinkiePie. It is nice to meet you guys. Do you guys wanna be friends?" PinkiePie asked excitedly as she jumped up and down, waiting to hear their answer. Random and Neon looked at each other and they did their secret communication with just their facial expressions.

'This mare is crazy as hell, what should we say?' Neon asked using their facial code.

'Not sure, but I sorta like her, she seem s like alot of fun.' Random explained.

'So, what, you wanna do this then? She seems like a total nut job.' Neon added with some concern. PinkiePie got in between the 2 and looked at the still smiling.

'I like nuts. Can I have some?' PinkiePie said using their very own code. Neon and Random jumped back in surprise and disbelief.

"How the heck did you decipher our code?" Neon asked dumbstruck. PinkiePie shrugged her shoulders.

"Just a hunch" was the only thing that she said before bouncing around Random and Neon in a circle.

"I like her. Sure, let's be friends." Random said in a cheerful mood. PinkiePie jumped around even faster now and with more excitement.

"Hoorya!! That is really awesome to hear!" PinkiePie said jumping all over the room. Random watched her for a small amount of time before deciding to actually join in on the fun and jumped around with her. Neon and Twilight watched them jump around the room in excitement and with smiles on their faces that went from ear to ear.

"Great, you have clones my friend, and turned it into a pink girl." said Neon in annoyance. Twilight looked at him in confusion.

"Girl? What is a- oh, right. Yea, they seem to fit together, don't they?" Twilight said as she started to laugh abit. "This should be an interesting day then" she added. After awhile PinkiePie finally left, saying she is gonna prepare a welcoming party for her new friends and took off. Twilight sighed in relief as she had Neon and Random sit in front of her as she started to explain everything about Equestria, like it's name, their customs, their time, and how everything works in general. Since Twilight visited their world, she had an easier time explaining since she could make comparisons. After it all, she finally stopped and looked down to them. "So, did you guys get all of that?" Twilight asked. Random stared at Twilight with his eye twitching slightly and Neon looked like he was still collecting all of the information. "Well, I guess we can just go through it as time goes by" she added. Neon looked at her flank and noticed the star that was there.

"Hey, why did you get a tattoo like that on your a- I mean flank?" Neon asked with curiosity. Random calmed down abit and perked up with the question, wondering the same thing himself. Twilight looked at her flank and looked back.

"Oh, that is called a cutie mark. It is a symbol given to you once you found what your destiny is. Mine is magic. I discovered it when when I was accepted to Celestia's magic training studies." Twilight explained, enjoying the flash backs of her school days. She looked at their flanks and noticed that their flanks are bare. "I see you guys haven't found your destinies yet. That is ok thou, you will find it eventually." she added. Neon looked at his flank and then looked at Random's.

"Well, how does one discover what their destiny is?" asked Neon

"No one knows for sure. It is different for every pony. You just have to discover it yourself. Once you do, it is a great moment in your life. I have faith in you ponies that you will figure it out one day. All it takes is sometime." Twilight explained. Neon and Random looked at each other and smile.

"Come on, let us discover what the meaning of our lives are!" Random said as he dragged Neon out of the house. Twilight watched as they ran out of the house and sighed.

"They really are something." Twilight said cheerfully. She looked up at her ceiling to see 2 head sized holes. "Although careful is not it." she added as a piece of her ceiling fell off. Neon and Random found a pond alittle out always and started thinking.

"Hmmm, I am assuming it is something that we are good at, right?" asked Neon, brainstorming ideas out loud. Random fell over backwards and looked up into the sky.

"I think it is safe to assume that, but in this world, you just kinda have to screw logic." Explained Random, putting his thoughts out. Neon chuckled to his comment.

"Screw logic huh? We should totally turn that into a phrase or something." Neon joked around, but in a way, he kinda meant it.

"Actually, we totally should." Random insisted. They both laughed at the idea. They both laid parallel from each other as they both looked up at the sky. Random started to chuckle to himself and said "You know, I bet yours is gonna have something to do with music. I mean it would fit you very well, don't you think"? Neon thought about it for a moment.

"I mean that's what I always wanted to be a professional DJ and bring my tunes all throughout the world. But that was back home, I don't know if, my dreams would be the same. I don't even know if I would have made it." explained Neon, sounding alittle sad. Random was about to say something but then heard a loud splash at the other end of the pond. When Neon and Random looked up to see what the noise was, they saw a small boat with 2 young fillies on it, looking into the water. One of them was AppleBloom that they could recognize, the other looked like a young unicorn with a shade of pink and violet in her mane with a creamy white colored fur.

"I guess you can scratch fishing cutie marks off the list." said the young unicorn. Another pony popped out of the water with a fishing rode in her mouth. She climbed back into the boat and spit out the fishing pole.

"It was tangled up on a branch." The wet pony explained. Applebloom looked across the pond to see Random and Neon watching from across the pond. She waved over to them and paddled the boat across the pond. Once they crossed they jumped out of the boat and walked up to them.

"Howdy there fellas. How are ya'll doing today?" Applebloom asked cheerfully with a smile on her face.

"Pretty good, you name is Applebloom, right? My name is Random Guy. This is my friend Neon Rave. It is nice to properly meet you." introduced Random calmly for once.

"Like wise. These are mah friends, Scootaloo-" Applebloom pointed at the young pegasus "- and this is Sweetie Belle.-" she pointed at the young unicorn "- We are the cutie mark crusaders! It's nice to see ya ponies around again." Applebloom said as if they have been friends for some time. Neon and Random looked at the 3 young fillies and bowed respectfully. As they did Applebloom noticed that Neon and Random's flanks were bare, just like their's. She looked at her friends and glanced at their flanks, they all got the same idea now.

"So what are you young ladies. . . I mean fillies doing out here all by yourselves?" asked Neon. Applebloom looked up to them and smiled.

"We are on a long and great quest to get our cutie marks!" exclaimed Scootaloo. Random and Neon smiled to themselves.

"Really? What a coincidence, so are we." explained Random. Applebloom and her friends looked excited.

"Really? We should work together then. You know, discover our cutie marks. do you guys want to join us?" Sweetie Belle asked with her cute and adorable stare. Random looks at Neon and Neon looked back as they started their code.

'What do you think? I truly doubt they actually can help us' said Neon using their code.

'But it seems like they mean well, and it kind sounds like fun, don't you think?' Random asked.

'Fine, you win, let's give this a try, you might be right.' agreed Neon and they both turned to young trio. "Sure, it might be a good idea to try to find out what we are meant to do, you know? So let's do this." Neon said encouragingly. The trio's eye lit up in excitement as they grabbed Neon and Random and ran off. All day the went all over the place. From the Everfree forest for exploration cutie marks, high mountains for hiking cutie marks, to things like cooking cutie marks, cleaning cutie marks, and mechanic cutie marks. After a long and tiring day of running all over Ponyville. When they finally stopped to take a break, they went to the park and laid in the fields there.

"What have we not tried?" asked Neon exhausted, staring at the clouds.

"Oh gosh, hundreds of things. We got a huge list of activities to try." Scootaloo said, catching her breath.

"We still got a long way to go still." Sweetie Belle added. Neon and Random looked at each other in fright, then Neon glared at him.

'Let's go with them, huh?!' Neon asked sarcastically with the code. Random shrugged his shoulders with an apologetic and innocent smile. As they laid there in the field, Neon suddenly heard something in the distance. It sorta sounded like music, music he was into. "Hey Random, do you hear that?" Neon asked. He perked up and heard it. The cutie mark crusaders heard it as well.

"Come one every pony, let's go check it out!" Random guy called out. Neon turned to Random and glared at him.

"Really?" Neon asked annoyed, glaring at him which Random smiled shyly in return. They ran over to the source of the sound and found out the source. It was a competition for Dj's being held at the town square.

"Ah didn't know that we had a music competition." said Applebloom in slight confusion. Neon looked at the scene and gasped at the sight.

"Those are some high tech booths there, booths I could only dream to own. If I had something like that for my parties back at our world Random, I could have thrown the greatest parties in the history of the world!" Neon said excitedly. He watch in amazement as they played their best songs and tried to out play their competitors. They stood there for a good hour or so and watched this one unicorn dominating everyone that challenges him. Neon stood at the front of the line and watched him do his thing and loved every second of it. "He has some amazing moves!" Neon said in awe. After the last challenger, the unicorn looked across the crowd.

"Is there any pony who thinks that they can take me, Grand Mixer, head on? Any pony at all?" The Champ DJ challenged, trying to beckon anyone. Some pony bumped into Neon as he fell out of the line which caught the Dj's attention. "You there, you think you have what it takes? You think you can beat me in an all out DJ match?" Grand Mixer taunted. Neon looked around and saw every pony was looking right at him.

"Oh, me? No, I am just here to watch." Neon tried to explain. He could wipe the floor with him back home, but here he still wasn't completely fixed on his new body. Grand Mixer flared his nostrils in arrogance.

"So, too scared to take me on, is that what you are saying there?" The DJ asked, trying to push Neon's buttons to keep the show going.

"What, no, it's not that, it's just that-" Neon started.

"Hey, it is fine, I would be alittle scared too if I were you, but I would at least give it a try. You never know, right?" Grand Mixer finally said. That hit the finally button.

"Alright, you want a battle, I'll give you a battle!" declared Neon as he ran up to the stage. Grand Mixer smiled and helped him up.

"Alrighty, let me show you how it's done." The DJ said confidently. He played a song that Neon actually knew. It was one of his songs that he made in the other world. He listened and watched his moves. Again, they were really good, but he never touches the mic, relying all on his moves and the song. He was no artist, just so pony trying to look cool. After he was done the crowd went wild, screaming his name. He backed off the booth and allowed Neon to get up. "What's your name?" the DJ asked, leaning the mic to him.

"Neon. . . . Neon Rave." He answered. He looked over the crowd and saw Random and the three fillies cheering him on in the front lines, which made him smile.

"Neon huh? awesome name, now, are you ready, you got one song, 5 minutes max. Winner of this last match recieves 200 bits. You ready?" Grand Mixer asked giving a slight smirk. Neon nodded his head. "Then take over." he finished and tossed him the mic. Neon messed with the settings to give him as close to his best song in the other world as close as he could. When he was happy he started the song, smiling he took the mic in hoof and raised it to his mouth.

"Yea, I own this beat!" Neon started out. Everyone stopped in amazement as they heard the new beat. Random smiled, chuckling to himself. 'That song huh.' he thought to himself. As the beat picked up Neon started to sing. "You can call me a king or a ruler, fellon on bass, getting horse on the mic, we getting 20% cooler." the crowd was starting to move but needed alittle more. "We had a great day out, calling my name like Ferris Bueller, time to wrap this up, we getting 20% cooler." Neon sang out to the crowd. At that time the beat exploded and the crowd starting dancing, even Random got into the groove. Once he finished the song even the DJ was dumbstruck and dropped his jaw and everyone was screaming his name.

"Ok man, I know when I have lost, good job. Here ya go." the DJ said, tossing him a bag which Neon caught with his mouth. Neon was pumped to hear the sound of the crowd screaming for him like they were right now. Neon stood on stage and the crowd was chanting for more. As he was about to go back down he could feel something happening. He felt a light shining upon him and everyone started staring at his flank. When he looked he saw a music note with a heart behind it. Neon looked at Random he was right on him checking his new cutie mark. After a long time of hanging out with the crowd, Neon and Random finally got back to Twilight's house.

"Hey you two, how did the hunting go?" Twilight asked as they walked through the door. Neon was dazed and not fully there but Random looked to her.

"he's good, but he is sleeping walking pretty much, we are gonna go to bed, good night." said Random quickly as they went into the basement. Twilight shook her head and went back to reading. Random tucked Neon in bed and went under the covers with him. "What a day huh? You got a taste of fame, got your cutie mark thingy on the first day of looking, and showed that cocky DJ who has the real talent. What is in stored for us tomorrow, huh?" Random asked out loud. Neon answered him with soft snoring. Random chuckled to himself as he slowly fell deep into his sleep.

Random's sleep though, was not restful. He was being carried through a corridor, he could see Celestia above him, she was in a panic, explosions could be heard from behind us.

"Sister, they are closing in, we must hurry." Luna said as she ran beside Celestia. He looked next to him to see Neon, but he looked so much younger. Celestia turned to Neon and said

"You must protect your cousin no matter what, do you understand?" Celestia asked. After that Random bolted from his slumber with sweat dripping down.

"What in the world was that?" asked Random fearfully.