• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,276 Views, 42 Comments

One's Past is Another's Future - Masked_Frenchman



Two humans living the life in their own world accidentally going into the world of Equestria and try to find a way back home.

  • ...
8
 42
 1,276

Chapter 2: Bad news

Neon looked at Random then back at Celestia. "No, you must be mistaken, this is our first time being here. You must be confused with someone else." He tried to explain. Random just stood there looking at Celestia wearing a confused look on his face.

Celestia smiled at Random. "I would recognize him anywhere. I could never forget those eyes of his." She explained kindly. Random Guy took a step forward but was shaking, Neon was too but because he wasn't use to his new method of traveling.

"I am sorry, but I do not remember you. Nothing here makes any sense to me. I am sure you have me confused with someone else" explained Random. Celestia pondered this for a short while.

"I see, I could have sworn that you were the same pony. Oh well, maybe you are and forgot, or maybe I remembered that pony wrong." Celestia advised kindly. Luna did not speak, but she also didn't take her eyes off of Neon. Her look was not that of hostility, but of curiosity and wonder. 'What is with that colt, it is like I wish to know him, but I do not see anything interesting about him' she thought to herself. Neon met her stare and looked back on the ground. His cheeks turning beat red from embarrassment. 'Normally it would be me staring at the girls, not the other way around' he thought to himself. 'wait, how do I know that that is a girl? assumption?' he continued to question. Celestia looked down the 2 stallions and smiled.

"Very well then. Since you seem to be of no danger, I shall let you go. You are new to the area, so I will assign of one my faithful students to watch over you and to teach you our ways until you can be trusted to go by yourselves. She is visiting her friends, but I believe she will be more than happy to hear about your tales from the other side of that portal. I expect you to treat her fairly?" she both asked and demanded, but some how seemed kind about it all at the same time. Random with a sudden joyful burst of energy said

"Can will do Princess, we shall be behaving at our best 100% of the time, we promise". Neon looked over to him with a slightly disturbed face. 'Now is not the time to go all happy here, you idiot.' Neon thought to himself. Random looked over to him and smiled a playful smile. "Cheer up there buddy, everything is gonna be alright, I am sure of it." Random said cheerfully. he turned to the 2 Princess' and bowed energetically. "We shall follow thy command." and with that he jumped over, took Neon's arm, and ran out. After they were out of the castle and on the train to a near by town called 'Ponyville, Random continued humming along while looking out side of the window. He looked like he was gonna explode with joy or something.

"Alright man, this is scary, even for you. Do you slowly change moods and I just do not realize it, or is it an on and off switch, for every mood for the book?" Neon asked sarcastically. Random looked half way at him, only looking at him with his red eye. Neon shivered as he looked into that eye that now showed anger.

"Is there something wrong with me being happy?" he asked darkly, piercing Neon with his stare. Neon lowered into his seat, looking away from his stare.

"Well. . no, but. . . . It's just that. . . " Neon started.

"Well, what's wrong with me being happy." Random whispered menacingly dark, his eye growing colder and crueler. Neon was almost to the floor, he couldn't crouch down any lower.

"Nothing, never mind, I didn't say anything." Neon said, almost shaking form his stare. Random suddenly spiked back up to happy and looked back out the window. "Dude, you scare the crap out of me every time you do that." Random never turned away from the window but kept smiling.

"I know, why do you think I do it?" he asked playfully. Neon's eye twitched alittle then he calmed down abit.

"You can be so mean sometimes, you know that?" Neon asked annoyed, sitting back up in his seat. Random chuckled to himself but kept humming away. A few hours later they arrived at the town, which it was still freshly morning. They stepped off the train and walked around the station abit, waiting for a pony to greet them.

"Ok, who is supposed to greet us and bring us to their place?" Random asked annoyed. Neon laughed at the sudden mood change.

"I am not sure. I think her name is Twilight Circle, or was it Die Hard Sparkle. Uhhhh, Twiheart Dirkle. I can't remember." Neon explained, scratching his head. As he reached up to do this, he fell over, still not use to the whole walking on all fours thing, and sometimes his new wings would not obey to a word he had to say, acting like they had a mind of their own, as that moment. As he fell over he tried to reach for something, and his wings decided to take off. Right before he could reach the ground he suddenly launched off to the ceiling and got his head stuck in it. Random walked under Neon and smiled.

"Anyone got a stick?!" Random called out loud enough for Neon to hear as he struggled to free his head. The Random fell to his back, pointing and laughing at Neon. "How's the view?" he joked around again.

"Not funny, Random!" Neon shouted back, muffled by the fact that his head was trapped. A purple pony with a horn on her head and wings on her back walked up to the 2 idiots as they caused a scene.

"Uhhh, I am guessing you 2 are the ponies who need a place for a few days?" The pony asked. Random looked up at her and stopped his laughing.

"Oh, uhh, yes, are you Twilight?" he asked.

"Yes, yes I am. It is very nice to meet you." the Pony greeted respectfully. Random looked at her head and saw the horn. He backed up and stared at it with some fear.

"Oh my god, what happened to your head?!" random asked out loud without thinking.

"What, whats going on? Can someone lend me a hand here?" Neon asked, still trying to get out, pushing with his wings.

Twilight looked up at Neon, still struggling. "Hands? What are-" she stopped herself. After a moment, her eyes lit up with joy and excitement. "Wait, are you guys telling me you are from the other side?" she asked, grabbing a hold on Random.

"Well, if you mean the other side of that mirror in the 'storage chamber' or what ever you called it, then yes." Random replied nervously. Twilight's wings popped up with her excitement and twirled around.

"I have been meaning to talk to someone about the other side, but my friends don't know anything about it, and I assumed I could never return, but if you got through, then maybe I could visit them someday." She said, mostly to herself.

"Ummmm, hello. Their is someone stuck in the ceiling, alittle help here." Neon called out.

Twilight rushed back to Random. "Oh please tell me that you will tell me everything of what life is like over there, please? I was only over there for a short period of time and time was against me, so I couldn't take notes. Oh please tell me everything about your life?" She blurted out smiling widely. Random backed up alittle.

"Ummm, sure, I guess I could. So, like, everything?" Random asked nervously. 'Geez, she is alittle crazy, huh?' he thought to himself.

"Hey, can we talk at the house, and maybe. . . oh I don't know, GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" Neon screamed out. Twilight looked up to the distressed pegasus stuck in the ceiling.

"How did he get up there?" Twilight asked puzzled. Random looked up at Neon where he was still dangling.

"Oh yea, he fell and tried to catch himself. Well, umm, his wings just sorta took off to the sky, and then this happened." Random explained to twilight snickering. Twilight used her magic to pull him out of the ceiling and placed him gently onto the floor.

"Thanks for helping me, finally" Neon said sarcastically, glaring at Random and he just sat there smiling innocently back at Neon.

"No problem, and I understand. I am still not use to my wings yet ether. Anyway, are you ponies ready to come to my house? Spike should be done cleaning by now." Twilight asked as she gave the 2 a friendly smile.

"Ponies? Who are you calling a pony?" Neon asked. Random glared at Neon and then face hoofed. Neon looked back at him with a confused look on his face. "What?" he asked puzzled. Random pointed at himself and then at Neon. It clicked in his mind and then he looked at the ground feeling like an idiot for forgetting that he is now a pony. 'Oh, right, I forgot." he remembered.

"It is ok, it is something you guys will have to get use to is all. But don't worry, I am more than sure that you guys will get use to this new life style." Twilight explained kindly and with understanding. Neon looked at Twilight and shrugged his shoulders.

"Like heck I am gonna get use to this. Just tell us how to get back home and we will be on our merry ways." Neon asked assertively. Twilight's smile faded as she looked at the ground.

"Umm, well. . . . . . about that. It's hard to explain. . . . . " she started. Neon looked at her contently and Random stepped toward her with a sadden look.

"The portal to our world only opens once every 30 moons which in our standards is equivalent to 2 and a half years to our time meaning their is absolutely no way for us to return home until then, right?" Random blurted out quickly. Twilight looked at him shocked and stunned.

"How did you know?" Twilight asked, unable to understand how he even figured it all out without her saying anything. Random shrugged his shoulders.

"Just a hunch." Random answered emotionlessly as he backed away from her to go to Neon, who was frozen in terror.

"2 and a half years?!?!?!?! We have to wait 2 and a half years till we can go back home?!" Neon yelled. He stumbled backwards and fell onto his back, staring up at Twilight. She took a step forward towards

"Listen, I know this is rough, I'm so-" she started.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Neon screamed. Twilight stopped in her tracks. "We have a life, we have friend!. I found the love of my life, and I don't care what anyone says, she is! I love her with all my heart! We have a future! We can't stay here! So don't you dare tell me this when my very life is beyond that mirror!" Neon yelled in anger. He looked at Twilight with pure anger as tears started to well up in his eyes. Random stood by his side and poked his shoulder.

"Come on, let's get some rest and find a way back home tomorrow, we have been through alot today. Sleep sounds good, doesn't?" Random asked him playfully. He helped Neon up and they walked to Twilight's place. After getting to her tree house and having her explain the very basics, it was time for bed after the hard day they have been through, mostly for Neon and Random. Neon fell asleep in his bed in the basement and Random went up stairs see twilight on her balcony looking up at the stars. "Sorry about Neon. He had a good life on the other side. It's like being a king and then turn into a peasant on the same day. It is gonna take some time for him to get use to all of this." he explained.

Twilight slowly turned to him and smiled. "I see you really care about your friend. He seems like a good pony too. I guess I can understand alittle, but mine I knew was going to be short term. He knows he has to stay here. To be away from your certain special some pony, that must really hurt." she tried to sympathize.

"He was, well, in love with her. Only in high school and was planning his future with her in it. Kinda funny, but cute, you know?" Random asked.

"I think it's cute, to be honest. I just feel bad that their is nothing we can do." explained Twilight sadly. Random suddenly spun around, startling her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing, I thought I heard something." He explained as he turned back to look up at the stars. Neon was outside, hugging the door.

"Alright, now let's get out of here." Neon whispered. He took a few steps away and he froze, he saw across the street a pony who looked lost. Normally he wouldn't think twice about it, but this pony looked familiar, very familiar. He was staring at a pony with snow white fur, ocean blue with a cyan trim, purple goggles and a music note on her butt. Besides the music note, she looked like a ponified version of. . . . . "Vinyl!" he called out. The Pony turned to him wearing a face of shock.