• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 1,019 Views, 12 Comments

Iron Mare - Bahamut Omega



What happens when the resident egghead becomes an action mare?

  • ...
9
 12
 1,019

The Accident

"Through science, all things are possible."

Twilight trotted about her basement laboratory, setting up for an experiment as Spike lay on an apparatus in the middle of the lab, with several pads ready to inject him with the contents of six vials of blue liquid that were set in place, three on each side.

"Twilight, are you sure this is safe?" Spike asked, a bit nervous.

"I have run everything again, Master Spike. All calculations are up to date," the computer said in a masculine voice.

"Thank you, Dusk Shine," Twilight said as she finished her preparations. "Places, everypony. If this works, we'll have done what hasn't been done since the War of Sun and Moon."

"Twilight, why are we trying to replicate Dr. Erskine's formula that made Captain Equestria? And why are you trying it on me instead of a pony?" Spike asked.

"Because if it works on a dragon, it'll work on ponies for sure," Twilight said.

"Okay. I trust you," Spike said, taking a breath to keep calm. "Dusk Shine. Tell me again how this is gonna work."

"First, a series of microinjections will deliver the serum into your major muscle groups, causing immediate cellular change. To stimulate growth, you will be sealed inside that lead container and saturated in gamma rays. As Dr. Erskine took the calculations for the conversion of vita-rays to his grave, we will be attempting to reproduce the original product with gamma rays as a substitute," Dusk Shine explained. "We are ready to begin."

"Alright. Let's do this," Twilight said. "Delivering injections in three... two... one." Twilight flipped a pair of switches that injected the serum into Spike, who's eyes widened. Flipping another switch, the container moved into an upright position and sealed Spike inside as a tube was connected to the container by robotic arms. "Spike? Can you hear me?"

"Yeah. I can hear you," Spike said.

"You feeling okay?" Twilight asked.

"A little nervous, but okay," Spike answered.

"Alright, Dusk. Start the gamma saturation," Twilight said.

"At once," Dusk said as he began the flow. "10%... 20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%..."

"So far so good," Twilight muttered.

"80%... 90%... 100%," Dusk said. "Master Spike's vital signs are still normal."

Spike suddenly started screaming in agony as the stand of the container whined as it buckled under new weight.

"Spike!" Twilight screamed. "Kill the reactor, Dusk! Shut it off!"

No sooner had Dusk complied did Spike tear the container open and stumble out, only... he was a lot bigger.

"Spike?" Twilight asked gently.


Rainbow Dash had had a wonderful evening. She had gone on a dinner date and after dinner flight with her coltfriend Soarin, and he was an absolute sweetheart to her. Now she was stumbling toward her bedroom after bidding him good night. Planning to sleep for the next six or twelve hours. She bid Tank a good night and settled under her covers, looking forward to sweet dreams of flying with her love and the Wonderbolts, blowing a kiss at the poster of him on her wall. Not that she would ever admit to doing that last part. Closing her eyes, she let out a content sigh as her head lay down against her pillow.

Sadly, that was not to be. Considering that somepony was knocking on her door. Every few seconds. Very urgently.

Groaning, Dash got out of bed and made her way toward her front door. "I'm coming. I'm coming," she grumbled. "Whoever you are, you better have a bucking good reason for coming at 1:00 AM," she growled as she opened her door to find... nopony. Snorting, she prepared to slam her door before a pink mane came into her vision.

"Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed before falling, coming back up seconds later. "I'm glad you're home!"

"What's wrong, Pinkie?" Dash asked in one of the airborne intervals, clearly not in the mood to deal with her hyperactive friend.

"It's Twilight!" Pinkie exclaimed before falling again.

"What about her?" Dash asked, getting curious.

"She's in the hospital!" Pinkie said, getting Dash's attention and rousing her to full awareness. "She's hurt really bad!"

"What?!" Dash asked, grabbing Pinkie out of the air and carrying her toward Ponyville General hospital. "Tell me what happened!"

"I don't know!" Pinkie said. "I was on my way home after finishing my singing cupcake delivery run with Gummy, and I was passing Twilight's place when the ground started shaking, and it made me bounce and sound silly! Then something went 'roar!!!' and Twilight screamed, and something went boom! I went inside and found Twilight in her lab, really hurt, and Spike not far from her passed out. I knew right away that I had to get the gang together to help out Twilight! And that's what I did!" Throughout most of her explanation, Pinkie had been smiling her usual smile.

"Wait. How did Twilight get to the hospital?" Dash asked in confusion. There was no way Pinkie had tried that cloning pool again.

"Derpy Hooves took her while I rounded everypony up," Pinkie said.

"Wait. Derpy Hooves. The single biggest, most destructive klutz who can cause mass destruction by simply sitting down, took Twilight to the hospital, and you let her go without any supervision at all?!" Dash asked in disbelief.

"Yup!" Pinkie chirped. "She delivers mail all the time. She can deliver Twilight."

"Twilight is very different from mail!" Dash said, speeding up to get to the hospital faster, bypassing the front desk and following Pinkie's directions. "How is she?" she asked as she entered Twilight's room with Pinkie, setting the party pony down.

"She's stable, but hasn't woken up yet," Rarity said, looking at the heavily bandaged Twilight with concern while she cradled the sleeping Spike in her forelegs.

Dash looked at Twilight as well, and asked what they were all thinking. "What happened to her?"